• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

How many armories in Amuni when only negotiating ?

DeletedUser3671

Hi

I searched a bit on Google a found some threads, both here and on us forums. Maybe one on Beta as well. But not something that gave me a clear view of my question.

I only negotiate. So my only need for Orc production from my armories, is for Tournament, Provinces and Workshop upgrades. And if there's more that i'm not yet aware of.

I have 2 armories. They where at level 23 for a very long time, but i discovered that i got less and less Orcs in storage. Down to around 70K. Then i was via quest forced to upgrade Workshops to level 28, which brought me down to around 20K. I know i via quest later on is forced to upgrade another two levels on them, which will take even more Orcs.

Tournamenting and Provinces cost more and more too. Not that it's that much, but still it adds up.

I just entered Amuni, so there's a looong way till Workshop upgrade. They're maxed now at 740 / 12 hour.

So if there's any who only negotiates as well. How many armories do you have to get enough Orcs ?

I started building and upgrading a 3rd. But if i don't need. I need the space for something else. Who doesn't ;-)

All the best

FieryArien

Necromancer
I can’t tell, because I do fight. ;-) However, if you only use Armories for producing Orcs and not for increasing training queue in your military building, than you might be extremely interested in the “Orcs Nest” building which sometimes shows up in your Magic Academy (crafting section). It does exactly what you need: produces Orcs.

A_Evt_Auto_GoodOrcs1_1_0013.png
For you in Amuni, a single 4x2 building produces 360 Orcs per day. It doesn’t require supplies to run and it doesn’t need any population or culture (armories need tons of all that). It does need road connection. Stats per chapter can be found on Elvenarchitect: https://www.elvenarchitect.com/buildings/details/a_evt_auto_goodorcs/

davemc

Bard
I cannot remember in Amuni but when you get to constructs you need a lot of orcs all of a sudden for Main Hall upgrades

DeletedUser3671

I can’t tell, because I do fight. ;-) However, if you only use Armories for producing Orcs and not for increasing training queue in your military building, than you might be extremely interested in the “Orcs Nest” building which sometimes shows up in your Magic Academy (crafting section). It does exactly what you need: produces Orcs.

A_Evt_Auto_GoodOrcs1_1_0013.png
For you in Amuni, a single 4x2 building produces 360 Orcs per day. It doesn’t require supplies to run and it doesn’t need any population or culture (armories need tons of all that). It does need road connection. Stats per chapter can be found on Elvenarchitect: https://www.elvenarchitect.com/buildings/details/a_evt_auto_goodorcs/

Yes i saw it in MA, but thought that was a very little amount of orcs it produced. As i do not train troops, i have a lot of supplies, so that's not a problem for me in producing the orcs in armories, and i get 1480 orcs per day. I know they are bigger and take more space. But well, they produce 4 times as many :)

For supplies i also have Magical chess set. I have carnival set. Prosperity Towers, which gives me 56+K per 3 hour. And a nice "Blue Bird" at stage 9 giving 114K every 2nd day.

And interesting with Constructs. I will check wiki and see how many orcs needed for upgrading Main Hall.

Edit: Just checked:
MkVrCYM

DeletedUser3671

Why is imgbb not allowed as image service ?

What is ?

m4rt1n

Adept
I cannot remember in Amuni but when you get to constructs you need a lot of orcs all of a sudden for Main Hall upgrades

Road upgrades also need a lot. I'm currently building a 4th Armory, having had 3 through the chapters prior to the Constructs.

FieryArien

Necromancer
Yes i saw it in MA, but thought that was a very little amount of orcs it produced.
That’s why I talked about the pop and culture Armories need. I have a feeling you didn’t understand me.

So, let’s look at your particular case. You mentioned your Armory produces 740 Orcs/12 hours. That’s 1480/1 day. Orcs Nest in your chapter produces 360/day. Let’s completely ignore supplies as you seem to not care about them.

• 1 Armory at 31 level produces 1480 Orcs/day (in two 12 hours cycles). It occupies by itself 7x3=21 squares, but it also requires 3562 population and 8654 culture. Residence at level 31 provides 3400 pop, it takes 4x4=16 squares and it requires 1400 culture. That means that Armory+Residence need roughly 21+16=37 squares already. And there’s also the question of 8654+3562=12216 culture.
  • 4 Orcs Nests in Amuni chapter produce 4x360=1440 Orcs/day. They occupy 4x(4x2)=32 squares. They require 0 population and 0 culture which means those 32 squares are the final value.
I’m not trying to convince you to convert all Armories to Orcs Nest. That would require some upgrading each chapter or crafting new Nests each chapter. However, you are in a very high chapter already and I think you might profit from using a combination of Armories and Nests. It should save you some space. I hope you understand what I was trying to explain. Of course the decision is yours and yours only.

PS: This is not something I do personally, because I have a different play style. I prefer to fight instead of spending goods; and lowering number of Armories would lower my training size and especially the bonus I get from my Shrooms wonder.

m4rt1n

Adept
The problem with the Orc Nest is mainly getting them to appear in the crafting tab. I've only ever seen it once and didn't have enough CC spells at that time.

DeletedUser3671

@FieryArien : Yes, i do understand you. I didn't think that much about the pop and cult since i have enough. My factories are mostly a chapter behind in upgrades. It's only my Scrolls i have needed to bring up to max, and they take an insane amount of pop now. 1984 to get them to level 24. I had the good deed also winning 3 Phoenix Cult's, which gave me 4.400 pop and 5.800 cult each.

I'm always hitting the max on both coins and supplies. So no particular need for the high cult bonus. And if i need some i have tons of spells to use.

@m4rt1n : Yes, i have only seen it once i think in all my crafting time, maybe twice.

I might have a look at them now, though i still need to upgrade most of my residences to level 30, and then again all to level 31. That's 600 pop each. Then i have magic residences as well. 4 still needs blueprint. They will give me 4.000 pop more in all.

The nest is smaller and might be easier to fit too :) But again, 8 nests is a lot ;-)

Then there's the need for more orc's upgrading Main Hall. I'm very slowly getting back close to 30K after upgrading all my workshops two levels. And i know Amuni demands another two upgrades.