• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered How many armories for orcs?

Susie49

Soothsayer
I am wondering if I really need 3 maxed out armories for the second half of the orcs chapter?

I am at the point where I would get better use out of a 4th Rally Point (which I can fit in if I delete an armory) as I have almost 20k orcs now but am being slowed down in my research by lack of shrooms of wisdom and loot, despite carefully reading the advice on gamersgemsofknowledge.

Your views would be appreciated:)

DeletedUser5532

I went through Orcs with 2, and came out the other side with 100k of the smelly men. I guess it depends on how often you can set them, but for me I only ever did the 12 hour production. Midway through S&D I have built a 3rd,( for additional troop training capacity rather than for more Orcs.) and with all the upgrades I have been doing, have still got almost 110K.

So my view, is if you can get on to run the 12 hour production, then 2 is ample for the Orcs.

Pauly7

Magus
Well I suppose it all depends on the speed of your barracks and how long you would like it to be able to take care of itself training troops.

I went into Orcs with two maxed out armouries, but I also kept two level 17 armouries, not for any reason except that I like them and I wasn't prepared to sacrifice them in order to build those awful muddy farms.

Anyway... my motivations are not important.... However, once I reached Woodelves and got the barracks up to level 25, (bearing in mind also that I had a Shrine of the Shrooms on level 5, Bulwark on level 7 and Needles on level 8)... then my set-up of two level 23 armouries and two level 17 armouries meant that the barracks was good for exactly 8 hours before I needed to come back to it... which is perfect.

My point is - if I just had those two muddy armouries then I would have regretted it, despite the fact that Orc production was never a problem.

DeletedUser4149

i like steholl's advice. i also just used 2 armories during orcs. i had a bulwark. i don't think troop production is the issue here though. it's about orcs, right? i got by w/ only 2 because i unlocked orc armories quickly and didn't spend as many because i fought through a lot of encounters instead of spending my orcs. if you mostly just negotiate for your encounters, you might need 3. i think i'd rather need orcs for encounters and upgrades. those can wait. the goods from the rally points seem more important to me.

Pauly7

Magus
Obviously there are several different ways to skin a cat.

Admittedly my armouries felt like overkill during the Orc chapter as at one point my barracks was taking care of itself four 12 and a half hours at a time. I never really understood the lack of Orcs. That probably, just by chance, has to do with my own set up, but I've always had them coming out of my ears right from the get go... and that, of course, was only ever having two armouries capable of producing them.

All I'm saying is that come Woodelves you will be glad of more than two, but then I guess you can worry about that when you get there. As far as the Orcs chapter goes I'm technically agreeing with everyone else.