• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered How is the "Senior Game Moderator" selected?

BuilderViktor

Adventurer
Just wondering as I note that the current seniors do not possess the higher/highest scores nor are they the "the first-born", so to speak.

Deleted User - 1634960

I will answer this from my own example, so I cannot be accused of disseminating 'unsubtantiated facts" (which, I will point out, is an oxymoron, an impossible phrase) o_O.
I started playing this game in 2015, less than a month after it went 'live.'
I became a Moderator in June 2016 (verifiable through my profile), by volunteering in response to an Announcement on the Forum.
Over the next few months I proved my ability to handle difficult questions and difficult players, while other Moderators dropped by the wayside :eek:.
Four new Moderators were appointed, and I was promoted so I could better assist with their training :cool:.

You will not find 'Rilian' in the player list at all. My game accounts are under different names ;).
As a result of having to spend so much time (12 hours+ per day on occasion) on tickets during the first months, my player Rank dropped from 900+ to 5000+.
Since I find the Ranking system immaterial and contrary to building the best city, I do not worry about that, although it has climbed back to 2000+, because with more Moderators the time requirements have dropped.

The first criteria for a Moderator are to be willing, and to be able to express oneself in courteous English, anything else can be learned, and does not demand a high Ranking. Of course, if we can find someone who has the first two, and game knowledge as well... :D

Fyrebird

Spellcaster
I'd also like to point out to the 'skeptical' that @Rilian is a BOSS at what he does. I got a really quick response to a ticket I had sent and he actually bothered to read the issue details on forum as well... this over a weekend no less. He certainly gets my vote ;)