• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

How does the Spire work for a FS ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 10929
  • Start date

Pauly7

Magus
But what about the 2 wave fights, isn't these a lot harder than doing a tournament fight ?
It depends which spire encounter you're comparing to which tournament encounter. It's certainly true that if you place them side by side, encounter for encounter, then the spire will get tougher more quickly. For fighting those two wave encounters then a Fire Phoenix is a must. For the even tougher three wave encounters then manual fighting is almost a must, unless you also have considerable buffs from temp combat buildings.

DeletedUser

It depends which spire encounter you're comparing to which tournament encounter. It's certainly true that if you place them side by side, encounter for encounter, then the spire will get tougher more quickly. For fighting those two wave encounters then a Fire Phoenix is a must. For the even tougher three wave encounters then manual fighting is almost a must, unless you also have considerable buffs from temp combat buildings.
But don't they have double the units when they have two waves - i.e. double than what i have, i can only put one set of troops ?

And what i we compare them to the first 3* fights in tournament ?

Pauly7

Magus
But don't they have double the units when they have two waves - i.e. double than what i have, i can only put one set of troops ?
Yes, if you're comparing it to a tournament encounter that has the exact same squad size.

Melianora

Alchemist
Thank you all :)

As my troops production now is at a level where it supports my needs for tournament and still leaves some, then i will have a look at using them for fighting the easy fights in the Spire, as @Gargon667 :)

But what about the 2 wave fights, isn't these a lot harder than doing a tournament fight ?
With the correct choice of units you will be fine. You can always check which troop composition will be stronger against the enemy units on each wave, before you start the fight. Some boosters like Dwarven Armorer and the like, which you might have used during the tournament and are still active will help a lot as well.

Gargon667

Mentor

Not really, if it´s an easy fight you have more or less zero losses in round one and more or less zero losses in round two. The only difference is that there are fewer easy fights when there are multiple waves, because you have double the chance of a nasty guy showing up.

As an example: I can fight 20 (or 100) waves of 5 stacks of treants with 5 stacks of Blossom mages, because I will have 0 losses in each wave. The problem is it is not likely to happen that 20 times in a row it´s only treants...
Now in the spire you can always get a max of 3 enemy types (and there are 3 kinds of units for each type)
If we stay with our Blossom mages (my favs) for an example, if the enemies are HM and HR I expect basically no losses, the question is which 3rd type is in the mix? If it is mages, no big problem, the fight will be easy, with minor losses to the mages. if it is LM, we have to look into the details: Is it Thieves or ancient Orcs? Again no problem. The only LM unit that can cause trouble to blossom mages are dogs, those can actually cause losses, but we would have to see the details of the fight (how many dogs, in which round are they, where on the map are they placed, etc to see how serious the problem is). If the third type is archers, again we need to look at which kind of LR, Mist Walkers are major trouble, while Bandits and archers only cause minor damage. Mist Walker need special treatment in most cases, like for example a decoy unit. Overwhelming them works if there is only one in all the waves, but it will always result in losses.
Basically that means only dogs and Mist walkers will prevent an easy fight if the other enemies are HM and HR. if those 2 units are not present I can fight 2 or 3 waves with only minor losses. Of course that really means Blossom mages can be used to fight any of the 5 unit types (as long as it doesn´t include MistWalker/dogs), say HR, LM(thieves and orcs) and LR (with say a bandit or an archer thrown in the mix). Which on paper (looking at the unit preferences) looks completely anti Blossoms, but I would fight that fight without any booster buildings (well I would feed the firebird) or second thoughts ;)

You can find similar solutions for other units, like Frogs (the kings of the spire) and of course Rangers

In general 2 waves are only a problem if you have big losses in round 1. So if you expect big losses in wave one it is a good choice for convincing instead. If I see for example HR, M and multiple Mist Walkers I go right to the convince button. Fighting will always entail losses (or require silly amounts of booster buildings)

Gargon667

Mentor

well if you add them all up yes they have double as many units as you do, BUT they don´t fight at the same time. Assuming we try to fight mostly the easy fights it means we first fight half their troops, kill them with no (or close to no) losses, then we fight the second half of their units with (nearly) our entire army again. So the second wave is not much harder than the first. and since it is an easy fight we win that one as well with few losses. the only trouble is that we are not allowed to pick different troops for the second wave, so we have to make our troop selection with both waves in mind, rather than focusing on only the first wave (that can be fatal).

In the tourney however once you get to provinces 20+ you will eventually fight encounters where the enemy simply has double your squad size, here you will face double your own troop number all at the same time. now that really is much harder than having them in two waves where you can just kill them 1 after the other.

BlueBlou

Illusionist
Sometimes a 3 wave is not so bad. All depends on what you are facing. Was lucky this week in seeing a combo at last big boss that was far easier than any in getting there. And I did not even use what my guru friends would have recommended.

PS, I usually cater, but if the odds look good for a battle (app), why not.