• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Question How does the Hide Buildings button work ?

NovaAura

Seeker
A button <Hide Buildings> has recently appeared in the relocation screen in the app. How does it work ? - Does it toggle between Hide and Unhide ?

Feyth

Dreamer
When you hit the hide buildings button, it will bring up an elven architect style grid of your city, you can toggle between hide and unhide, but when you touch a building that is hidden, it will reappear, and you can move it to a vacant part of your city :) makes moving things around much easier on the app, and also finding those precious unused squares is a breeze :) I don't play on the app much, but might start doing city rearranges this way, really like this new feature :)

Giraffi

Enchanter
Going to show you my city in edit mode with the Hide Buildings button toggled. You will see the footprints of the buildings. You can also tap on one to see what it is if you are not sure exactly what is there in that spot and it will show you a single building image. Tapping on another spot will hide that building and show the new one. If you don’t want to see the footprints anymore, you can just tap the Show Buildings button again and you will be back to what we usually could see. Very easy to spot unused tiles :)

74A02273-A27D-445D-BA93-7BBAA2CD85DD.jpeg

Gargon667

Mentor
Looks like the architects didn´t copyright their stuff :D

SkyRider99

Mentor
I asked for this on May 9 in the Ideas and Suggestions forum (under 'Transparency button' discussions). Maybe others have asked for it also at some stage. It's good to see this feature arise on the mobile app (which I unfortunately don't use) :)
I'll wait with bated breath to see if we get the 'hide' option for the PC version.
Enjoy.