• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

How do you feel about festivals in general?

• Thread starter DeletedUser9739
  • Start date

DeletedUser9739

While I get excited for them, I also know that I need a lot of daily focus on extra quests to get anywhere with the evolvable buildings. That's why I also feel relieved when it's over because I can finally focus on what I need to make my city grow with its own, natural pace. Then again, being ready to do things in the festivals can act as a motivation to grow.

I'd rather like a reasonable time for a straightforward slower pace in between. Not always getting stuck in the same routine, not running straight from one festival to another.

Timneh

Artisan
When you say festivals i assume that you mean events. If you are finding the endless string of events too much you could skip them now and then. We get so many events now that if i don't want the building i will only do a little of the event to get a few daily prizes if there are any good ones or skip it entirely if there is nothing at all that i want.

Killiak

Artisan
We get events continuously, and it's been too much. It's been said before, but Inno shows no signs of slowing down.

Errandil

Conjurer
When I was starting to play I also felt like there's too many events. But then I came to the realisation that there can never be too many free stuff and that each event is beneficial for my city development, even if it brings only a bunch of KP and instants as a result. So I'd say more events, please. Preferably with the endless quests.

DeletedUser8933

My good event formula: building worth hunting+endless quests and NO cassino board. Time boosters wd be nice too

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
I get the impression that there is a certain total amount of prizes to win. The more events, the less prizes per event. After the introduction of the Spire there are less prizes left for the events.

Personally, I would prefer to have less events that are more rewarding. Inno went another direction, though. They provide as much content as they possibly can, and I'm very sure they won't listen even for a second to anyone suggesting otherwise.

So it's up to everyone to find their own level of participation. And yes, skipping has become an option too.

Pauly7

Magus
I get the impression that there is a certain total amount of prizes to win. The more events, the less prizes per event. After the introduction of the Spire there are less prizes left for the events.

Personally, I would prefer to have less events that are more rewarding. Inno went another direction, though. They provide as much content as they possibly can, and I'm very sure they won't listen even for a second to anyone suggesting otherwise.
I agree completely and this is the key point. Inno is very concerned with game balance which means they aren't ever going to suddenly start doubling the prizes on offer. Right now we go from one major event straight to the next and that's why we've got all these annoying prizes like 1 relic or 1KP and underwhelming evolving buildings, because now the prizes have to be half as good (or even less) than they used to be, to keep the balance.

I think I made this point before and so have others, no doubt. Events often create so much frustration and even anger now, because people aren't happy with the rewards. If they went back to one major event every 3 months with some really good stuff worth winning in each one then I believe the general populous would be much happier overall.

For Inno, though, they are looking at diamond sales (and possibly player retention to a lesser degree). If the cumulative sale of diamonds over two back-to-back events is greater than it would be for one awesome event, then they are going to do the former.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Music festivals are nice! The building "Happy Place of Friendship" reminds me of one!

But as far as events, I am fine with the changes of the events, they differ in smaller prizes too, and these buildings, 4x4 giving 3 KP each (or spell), can add some serious KP a day... And all 4x4 gives room for road efficiency and easy management. Those boats in the other hand, 8x4 total does not look very appealing.

DeletedUser9739

Yes, I meant game events with "festivals". They are called festivals in a MMO I also play and it has kind of rooted in my mind from there.

CrazyWizard

Shaman

So it's up to everyone to find their own level of participation. And yes, skipping has become an option too.

Events seem to be getting shorter, from 28-31 days to 21-22 days.
The reason for them are simple, they seems to be a good source of revenue.

i'll guess with both more and shorter events they try to maximise that revenue.

Gargon667

Mentor
I completely agree with you @Pauly7 and @CrazyWizard

Events are money makers for Inno. More events = more money
Apparently crappy rewards animate people to spend money for getting more stuff, while super rewarding events make nobody spend extra cash, because everybody is already happy. So there you go: lots of crappy events, one after another...

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Yes, I meant game events with "festivals". They are called festivals in a MMO I also play and it has kind of rooted in my mind from there.

Funny, in one MMORPG game I played, they were called events, and they also had "NameOfTheGame's Day" that we all had a ton of buffs on everything for that day.