• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered how do I produce orcs?

DeletedUser6877

Have just recently started chapter 8 and in order to produce goods at the rally point I need orcs. but there is no option for making orcs, only shrooms and things like debris and dung? I am now stuck as I can find no guide or proper help

LazyTony

Sorcerer
There is a building you can craft called Orcs nest which produces orcs, but realistically you need to research armoury upgrade in the orcs chapter ASAP, and upgraded armouries are also orc producers.

Thagdal

Sorcerer
Oh dear, just looked at your @Magical one Orc city and you dont have any armories and a lvl 2 barracks. must take a while to do the train troop quests..:eek:

Start building at least 2 armories to lvl 21 and get some orcs going..:oops:

and check out (Google) gamers gems of knowledge for detailed guest race guides and all things Elvenar.

pobble

Spellcaster
Agree with Thagdal. At the moment you are being asked for small numbers of orcs, but that requirement will start to rise quickly as you move to the next chapters. Soon you will need orcs in order to upgrade your workshops, for example. And when you cater a province, orcs will soon be part of the catering costs.
The main method of making them is in your armouries, and that means you should definitely upgrade those quickly now to the levels where they produce those orcs.

DeletedUser6877

I don't like fighting and now am forced to build armories! I have invested money in the game as I have been thoroughly enjoying the game up until the fairies, even giving it a good review once. But sadly I now learn the bad new news in level 8 that I cannot go further without armories! So I might have to abandon the game. What a waste of time and funds!

FieryArien

Necromancer
You are not forced to fight. Armories do not produce troops. These Orcs are treated as another “resource”. Brace yourself, the next chapter (Woodelves) will bring yet another new resource, though I’m sure you won’t associate that one with fight. And it doesn’t stop there.

As LazyTony above mentioned, there is also craftable building in your Magic Academy called “Orcs nest“. It produces these same Orcs automatically and for free, you just need to collect them. ;-) However, it rarely shows up, so you’ll need luck to be able to craft it any time soon. And to be able to craft enough of them to cover your needs.

It’s safer to build and fully upgrade let’s say 2 armories right now. It will cost you quite some population and culture. If you really hate armories for their association with fight, you can keep looking for the Orcs Nests in your MA, craft them and replace your armories gradually.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
It is true that you need orcs from now on. Although these orcs are "produced" in armories (called breeding ground at level 20+), they are no military units. Orcs are mostly needed to upgrade workshops and to negotiate provinces. I agree with the other posters that you want to build 2 armories and upgrade them to level 20. Maybe later you can replace them with orcs nests and the Forge of Heroes AW.