• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

How do I make space for 16 ports please?

Alcaro

Necromancer
Everything it's possible in this game :)
You will have to asses all your buildings, remove the obsolete ones, maybe teleport others which are still valuable. Use Elvenarchitect and bring efficiency at the state of art: no useless streets, no empty spaces. You would be surprised how much space you gain by doing what I said already.
Good luck in your endeavor! :)

SpaceCowboy

Soothsayer
I'm assuming you're talking about your city in Arendyll? Looking at it in Elven Architect, there's a lot there that can be improved. For one, you have way too many roads. In an efficient layout, you want long straight roads, and you'd organise your buildings such that the shorter side is facing the road. You also have lots of small empty spaces scattered throughout your city, so a more compact layout could probably save you a lot of space.

You also have lots of cultural buildings from previous chapters - you should remove all of those, there are better ones available in your current chapter, and even better ones from events.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
Minimizing streets alone would free about 200 tiles, without sacrificing much (if anything). Removing those very old cultural buildings wouldn't hurt either. Maybe craft some Rainbow Unicorns and / or Flower Cages instead to bring up population.

Remember that the Constructs islands are set buildings. You may want to arrange them accordingly to have them running at maximum efficiency.

My suggestions would be to play around with your city in Elvenarchitect, keeping the above in mind. This will probably be sufficient to place all Constructs buildings.

JollyElf

Soothsayer
I know I’m not adding anything new but just summarising

1. Efficient design : streets, set buildings
2. Delete out dated stuff. (Check per tile stats)
3. Teleport redundant resources buildings
4. Expansions… if really feeling choked, good to stock up diamonds for a 20% discount sale on premium expansions

Jake65

Sage
If you find you have an excess of any production item (supplies/goods) see if you can get by with one less building.
Wonders can also help here. I got through the constructs ( felt like destructs at the time) with I think 3 workshops, next chapter I trimmed down to 2. Prosperity Towers levelled up a bit and pop spells compensate nicely.
How much of your population is idle? If you teleport a large workshop or manu this frees up lots of population so you can teleport a residence.

PS my city is not a good example but I enjoy playing with the numbers.

Alcaro

Necromancer
I got through the constructs ( felt like destructs at the time)
I see many players disliked the Constructs chapter. I swear, Constructs is my favorite chapter (so far). I totally loved the graphics, I adored that settlement like a huge wild botanical garden, I liked it so much that I didn't even think that the chapter itself was difficult :D

owl76

Bard
I see many players disliked the Constructs chapter. I swear, Constructs is my favorite chapter (so far). I totally loved the graphics, I adored that settlement like a huge wild botanical garden, I liked it so much that I didn't even think that the chapter itself was difficult :D
I really liked the Constructs graphics and the whole look of the settlement. However, I found doing the chapter boring. So much so that I've stopped researching for a while.

Alcaro

Necromancer
I really liked the Constructs graphics and the whole look of the settlement. However, I found doing the chapter boring. So much so that I've stopped researching for a while.
all latest chapter are somewhat boring. The challenge is, usually, to build the settlement and to find enough space for it. Once is built everything is straight forward and kinda boring.

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
To me, chapters are only boring when there's not enough space for the settlement and therefore it gets really slow. The bigger the settlement, the faster it is. Every chapter can be done in under 3 months.

Laurelin

Sorcerer
all latest chapter are somewhat boring. The challenge is, usually, to build the settlement and to find enough space for it. Once is built everything is straight forward and kinda boring.
... try being bored in a new City for a change? Lots of new [and not dissimilar - same old 'not enough space'...] bore potential there, these days... :D

Laurelin

Sorcerer
NB : If I don't want to be [artificially] bored in a City-building game, I play one which doesn't feature time-gates & space limits for those who don't pay (or grind - there's always the grind, for those with sufficient patience & time!) to try to overcome them. They're all solo PC games, mind you (or on console, if you don't mind somewhat reduced functionality), and it takes maybe six months to build the most extravagant metropolis imaginable, so the chance to become bored is rather limited there by design, really.

In fact, in most of them, it's not possible for a human being to fill the maps and also sleep occasionally - and being solo games, not online, I suppose they do lack the, er, opportunity to 'avoid drama' in FS Chat, and indeed to 'enjoy' FAs and other similar & ingenious competitive enhancements to the construction of a functional & individualised City in an unconstrained & satisfyingly strategic manner... oh well, can't have it all, hm? ;)