• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered How do I find my troop numbers?

Bind

Seeker
Hi guys, clearly we lose some troops in each fight but how can I find out how many I have left? I have some increase "instants" but I don't know when/whether I need to use them.

Pauly7

Magus
Open the barracks and go to the "army camp" tab. There you can see all your available squads. If you hover your mouse over any one of them then it will show you the individual troop numbers also.

DeletedUser7526

And if you don’t have any squad size upgrades for the next couple of months, use the troop instants.
As you will get more from next event.

Pauly7

Magus
You should still be able to see your squads by opening your barracks and going to the army camp tab.

DeletedUser7526

If you mean to see how many troops make one squad, on app, go to an open province encounter and see how many barrack lm units occupy one slot.

And if you want to check how many squads you lost in a battle, open the army camp and check the number of squads before and after the battle.

FieryArien

Necromancer
If you mean to see how many troops make one squad, on app, go to an open province encounter and see how many barrack lm units occupy one slot.
1) Thanks, for the tip. When I was looking for my squad size info, for some reason I never realized it is shown in every world encounter! :oops:
2) The info is actually confusing for an app player, because it then looks like you need a lot more time to train for example heavy melee unit squad. As far as I know we have no explicit info in the app, that these units form a squad using less individual units. @Bind, each unit type in your barracks train one squad in about the same time. You just need for example more light melee units to form one squad that you need heavy melee units. But the difference corresponds to training time per unit and therefore one squad is trained at about the same speed.

but how can I find out how many I have left
Try thinking about your troops in squads. You'll find the number of squads of each of your units for example in Barracks' "Army Camp" tab. (In the world province you fill out each slot with exactly one squad.) That's how you can keep track of your available troops stock. Note that when you research new squad size upgrade, the numbers are recalculated with the new increased squad size and your stock "goes down". You'll then catch up by faster training in upgraded barracks for example.

In tournaments squads are more complicated, because there the encounters use a percentage of your actual squad size. It's always "number_of_province multiplied by 5%". (Examples: the 1st province uses squad size of just 5% of your real squad size; the 4th province uses 20%; the 19th province uses 95%.) It might be harder to estimate how far and how deep (1-6 stars) you can afford to go, but you'll figure it out when you keep playing tournaments. Just keep an eye on that "Army Camp" tab info.
I have some increase "instants" but I don't know when/whether I need to use them.
The instants tell you how many squads they give you. There is no reason to use them proactively, if you don't run out of that particular type of troops. It's because they give you full squads no matter how large your squad is at the moment (20 or 2000 doesn't matter). So use them when you really need them and they give you your current size.

PS: And a bonus unsolicited advice at the end: For the sake of your tournament performance, skip any squad size upgrades that you don't have to take. There are some that don't have any technology behind. Ignore them.