• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered How do I change my character's pic?

• Thread starter DeletedUser2502
  • Start date

DeletedUser2502

Yes all the icons under your portrait should be clickable

Is your game name the same? I can try sending you a message see if you can open it? /shrug

My game name? Sorry, I don't know what you mean. The same as what?

DeletedUser2502

If it won't work and you think it's because you haven't done the tutorial why not leave changing the picture until you have? Just a thought, instead of worrying about something you're not actually going to play yet? ;)

Because if I leave this issue until I've done the tutorial and it still doesn't work, then I'll be waiting for who knows how long for it to get fixed.

DeletedUser2502

You probably have a problem with flashplayer if you don't get the popups and are not able to click with a result...
Can you tell us more about your machine ?
Operating system, browser and release number, flashplayer release number, memory ?
Is your machine loaded with an accurate antivirus ? Is it up-to-date about service packs, patches, etc ? Have you checked your HDD recently ? Is your browser up-to-date, is your flash player up-to-date ?
These are basic things to check when your comp is having a strange behavior...
I assume you don't use an Apple IIc anymore, do you ? :p

While waiting more infos, here are things you could do by yourself :
1. Check your comp for viruses
2. check your HDD for data consistency check disk
3. Empty your browser cache
4. remove and reinstall your browser
5. remove and reinstall flashplayer Plug in failure

Win 7 SP1
Chrome Version 54.0.2840.59 m (latest)
Flash 23.0.0.185 (latest)
8 GB
Avast antivirus: runs daily automatically, updates daily automatically
Deleted web cookies and cache when this started

I have Win 7 and 10 installed on my system. I already tested the game with Win 10 and the problem is the same. That means 2 browsers - Chrome and MSIE - in 1 OS and Edge in the other OS. If this is a browser issue, then it has affected 3 browsers in 2 OSes. I don't think it's a browser issue.

Before I tried MSIE I had to install flash because flash was only installed for Chrome. So that was a recent install of flash for MSIE - several days ago. The Windows 10 partition has nothing installed in it except a file manager. So that's a virtually clean install of Win 10.

All the software-related stuff you said is reasonable, except for the fact that I have the same issue in 3 browsers - 2 in 1 OS and 1 in another. However, Disk Check?? If you have an issue with your HDD, it will not be something that would cause only an obscure problem on 1 web site. That would be the conclusion if this is an HDD problem. Something on the HDD that causes 1 obscure issue in 1 online game and causes no other issues. That's not logical. It's not possible. If you have HDD issues you will know about them without any doubt. You will have serious performance issues and/or serious error messages and I have none of that.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser363

Because if I leave this issue until I've done the tutorial and it still doesn't work, then I'll be waiting for who knows how long for it to get fixed.
Have you contacted support again, telling them their suggestions didn't work?

DeletedUser2502

Hey @Sir Shrek can you check your browser zoom, that can make things unclickable if it's not on 0.
And please do not discuss any conversations you have with support here.

I don't understand what you mean. If you click on the Chrome menu, Zoom is 7 lines down. The lowest I can set it to is 25% at which point the game window only takes half my monitor screen and everything is so small the game would be unplayable. How can it be set to 0 and why would you want to? At 0, everything would be so small you wouldn't be able to see anything.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser363

And please do not discuss any conversations you have with support here.

All he said was they said it should say Click to Change Portrait, what is the problems with that, I have seen people in the forum discuss a lot more info they have been given by support. Are we now gagged from passing on supports advice to other players?:mad:

DeletedUser2502

Have you contacted support again, telling them their suggestions didn't work?

Yes. I've done quite a bit of T/S: different mouse instead of my wifi gaming mouse, 2 OSes, 3 browsers. It's always the same. Since it doesn't work in 3 browsers, reinstalling doesn't make sense. How could all 3 browsers be corrupt and in need of reinstalling? Nothing about this makes sense.

DeletedUser363

Have they said if you should be able to change the picture before doing the tutorial? (Then at least you'd know if leaving it until the tutorial was the right thing to do);)

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
Win 7 SP1
Chrome Version 54.0.2840.59 m (latest)
Flash 23.0.0.185 (latest)
8 GB
Avast antivirus: runs daily automatically, updates daily automatically
Deleted web cookies and cache when this started

I have Win 7 and 10 installed on my system. I already tested the game with Win 10 and the problem is the same. That means 2 browsers - Chrome and MSIE - in 1 OS and Edge in the other OS. If this is a browser issue, then it has affected 3 browsers in 2 OSes. I don't think it's a browser issue.

Before I tried MSIE I had to install flash because flash was only installed for Chrome. So that was a recent install of flash for MSIE - several days ago. The Windows 10 partition has nothing installed in it except a file manager. So that's a virtually clean install of Win 10.

All the software-related stuff you said is reasonable, except for the fact that I have the same issue in 3 browsers - 2 in 1 OS and 1 in another. However, Disk Check?? If you have an issue with your HDD, it will not be something that would cause only an obscure problem on 1 web site. That would be the conclusion if this is an HDD problem. Something on the HDD that causes 1 obscure issue in 1 online game and causes no other issues. That's not logical. It's not possible. If you have HDD issues you will know about them without any doubt. You will have serious performance issues and/or serious error messages and I have none of that.
Just to notice : HDD failures start with increasing unstability of some parts of a program or data that is called "sectors" on a HDD, and first lead to change the values when they are red and because this affects only a little part of the code, it won't always result in a blocked program but can skip somes function of it without any other isue or error messages... that depends on what part of what program is involved : a subprogram of the OS working on disks accesses or network communication will have huge effects as you said and will be easily noticed but if the trunkated code involved is only a subpart of one aplication (like your browser program or variables) it could have an abnormal behavior mostly transparently...

With more infos, it's easier to give you a more precise diagnostic... I have the same config, it helps.
I will assume that you are only able not to change your avatar but clicking on other triggering icone (like "settings", the clockwheel bottom right) is having effects... So, if this is the case, after all that you said, and because this seems to affect only you, the only conclusion for me is that changing the avatar is blocked by the game and my prefered bet would be that this lock is triggered by one of the tuto's quests...

Last edited:

DeletedUser363

I sent a query to support asking if you can change your avatar (picture) before completing the tutorial and the answer is no.

The member of support gave me this information:-
After testing with a newly created account. No, there is no way to change your avatar without finishing the tutorial first. This is not a bug and was intended, as the game doesn't actually start without completing the tutorial, everything except the tutorial guide (Builder) and his indications are greyed out, including the avatar. The purpose of this is exactly to prevent the player from clicking anywhere else before learning the basics. Also, only some basic settings can be accessed, not all of them. The tutorial shouldn't take more than 2 minutes or less.

I hope this helps you:)

DeletedUser2502

I sent a query to support asking if you can change your avatar (picture) before completing the tutorial and the answer is no.

The member of support gave me this information:-
After testing with a newly created account. No, there is no way to change your avatar without finishing the tutorial first. This is not a bug and was intended, as the game doesn't actually start without completing the tutorial, everything except the tutorial guide (Builder) and his indications are greyed out, including the avatar. The purpose of this is exactly to prevent the player from clicking anywhere else before learning the basics. Also, only some basic settings can be accessed, not all of them. The tutorial shouldn't take more than 2 minutes or less.

I hope this helps you:)

When you asked that question, did you mention this thread? The person I've been dealing with only just now said it might be because of the tutorial. It sounds like you got a firmer answer. I kept thinking it might be the tutorial. What a waste of time.

DeletedUser2502

Have they said if you should be able to change the picture before doing the tutorial? (Then at least you'd know if leaving it until the tutorial was the right thing to do);)

I asked 3 times including my first message. They never said until their last message.

DeletedUser2502

Just to notice : HDD failures start with increasing unstability of some parts of a program or data that is called "sectors" on a HDD, and first lead to change the values when they are red and because this affects only a little part of the code, it won't always result in a blocked program but can skip somes function of it without any other isue or error messages... that depends on what part of what program is involved : a subprogram of the OS working on disks accesses or network communication will have huge effects as you said and will be easily noticed but if the trunkated code involved is only a subpart of one aplication (like your browser program or variables) it could have an abnormal behavior mostly transparently...

With more infos, it's easier to give you a more precise diagnostic... I have the same config, it helps.
I will assume that you are only able not to change your avatar but clicking on other triggering icone (like "settings", the clockwheel bottom right) is having effects... So, if this is the case, after all that you said, and because this seems to affect only you, the only conclusion for me is that changing the avatar is blocked by the game and my prefered bet would be that this lock is triggered by one of the tuto's quests...

Yes, I'm familiar with magnetic storage: sectors, clusters, cylinders, magnetic domains

What you said about my issue being related to the tutorial seems to be the consensus. That was what I thought might be the cause from the beginning. I mentioned it to support 3 times but noone would confirm it. I also mentioned it here.

DeletedUser363

When you asked that question, did you mention this thread?
I said I was asking on behalf of another player, I'm just glad I got a confirmation for you so you know that when you do finish your other game you can start Elvenar and change your avatar during the tutorial :)

DeletedUser2502

I said I was asking on behalf of another player, I'm just glad I got a confirmation for you so you know that when you do finish your other game you can start Elvenar and change your avatar during the tutorial :)

So you got an answer right away. I had to ask 3 times (including my first message) and do a lot of useless TS - half of which they told me to do. The rest I did on my own. Thanks.