• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered How do I change my character's pic?

• Thread starter DeletedUser2502
  • Start date

DeletedUser2502

I only just registered minutes ago. It didn't ask me about gender. Under the pic at the top left is my username but the pic is the wrong gender. How do I change it? Thanks.

DeletedUser2502

Left Click? That does nothing. Double-click does nothing. Right-click gives me a shortcut menu. I went to Settings and found nothing helpful and then Global Settings and found nothing helpful. There's also a pic of an envelope - a welcome message, I assume. Left-click and double-click do nothing. Right-click brings up the same shortcut menu.

Cregganroe

Conjurer
You click on the picture that takes you to your details and then click picture again and you can change it to what you want :)

DeletedUser2502

LOL. No, it doesn't. As I said in my second post, left-click and double-click on the pic does nothing.

DeletedUser2502

LOL. How many times should I say it doesn't work before you understand? I believe it works for you but it doesn't work for me. Why not? It's funny how you keep saying the same thing over and over, as though you think I don't know how to use a mouse. I've been using computers for 30 years. I know how to use a mouse and when I click on the pic it does nothing. How many times should I say it? Most people are not good at giving instructions because they make invalid assumptions. I can think of 2 possible ones here. Is this game only compatible with certain browsers? Which browser do you assume I'm using? Do I need to have gone past a certain point in the game in order to be able to change the pic? Where in the game do you assume I am? My guess is you and Shadowblack are both making an invalid assumption. In my first post I said I signed up minutes ago. I've done absolutely nothing since signing up because I'm in the middle of another game. I signed up because it looked interesting but I don't want to start playing until I finish the game I'm on. Are you sure one can change the pic from the very start of the game? There's a character in the bottom left who wants to give me a tutorial. Maybe it will work after the tutorial but it doesn't work now.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser129

When you hover your cursor over your portrait picture it should highlight and a pop up box appears with "edit your profile" then it is just a simple case of clicking and getting to your profile.
If your unable to click on it I'm not sure maybe clear out cache? try another browser. I'm using chrome and have flash player 23,0,0,185 installed and have no issues I'm pretty sure I changed my pic at start of game so dont think thats an issue but could be wrong :)

DeletedUser363

My guess is you and Shadowblack are both making an invalid assumption
I don't think they are, I changed my picture from the start of the game and I also use the game on 4 different browsers with no problems, they weren't assuming anything, just trying to help you. All the suggestions were what I would have suggested as well. If you are still having problems maybe it's worth you contacting support....right click anywhere on the screen and a list appears, choose support from the list (or click on the cog wheel at the bottom right of the screen and then the ? ).
Hope you get sorted

Deleted User - 106219

It might be a good idea to show us a screenshot of your game screen.

DeletedUser2502

I don't think they are...they weren't assuming anything, just trying to help you.
Sure they were. People assume things all the time in a conversation. I didn't know what the assumption was but now I do. They were assuming I was getting "click to change portrait" when I pointed my mouse at the pic. I don't get that.

All the suggestions were what I would have suggested as well. If you are still having problems maybe it's worth you contacting support

"All the suggestions"? There was only 1 suggestion over and over and over. I contacted support yesterday before seeing your post. They told me about "Click to change portrait." So that should prove to anyone there's a problem and that's why it hasn't been working.

DeletedUser363

So that should prove to anyone there's a problem and that's why it hasn't been working.
Then you reply to support telling them ...again...... it doesn't work. I'm sorry you aren't having any success

DeletedUser2502

:rolleyes: They had computers way back then? :)
Yeah, I had something called an Apple IIc. It had no hdd, a 5.25" FDD, 128K of RAM (that's KB not MB), a 9" monitor, no mouse and a 1200 bps modem (I used it to connect to NAIT's computer to work on assignments). I bet you don't realize how slow that is. When people started using the web in '96, people were using 14400 bps dial up modems. That's more than 10 times faster than my Sportster 1200. I also had a huge external FDD. At the time, I thought I had an impressive system.

DeletedUser2502

When you hover your cursor over your portrait picture it should highlight and a pop up box appears with "edit your profile" then it is just a simple case of clicking and getting to your profile.
If your unable to click on it I'm not sure maybe clear out cache? try another browser. I'm using chrome and have flash player 23,0,0,185 installed and have no issues I'm pretty sure I changed my pic at start of game so dont think thats an issue but could be wrong :)

According to support it's supposed to say "click to change portrait". I can't click on the envelope either. I assume I should be able to, to read messages. I tried another browser already - didn't help.

DeletedUser2502

Then you reply to support telling them ...again...... it doesn't work. I'm sorry you aren't having any success

Thanks, I did that right away. I think it might be because I haven't been through the tutorial yet, but I don't want to do that because then I get involved in this game and I want to finish the game I'm already on first.

Deleted User - 1634960

Hey @Sir Shrek can you check your browser zoom, that can make things unclickable if it's not on 0.
And please do not discuss any conversations you have with support here.

DeletedUser129

According to support it's supposed to say "click to change portrait". I can't click on the envelope either. I assume I should be able to, to read messages. I tried another browser already - didn't help.

Yes all the icons under your portrait should be clickable
portrait = change profile
Trophy =Rankings info
envelope = messages
bell =notifications
shield = fellowship info
all should be clickable and open up a new info window.

Is your game name the same? I can try sending you a message see if you can open it? /shrug

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
You probably have a problem with flashplayer if you don't get the popups and are not able to click with a result...
Can you tell us more about your machine ?
Operating system, browser and release number, flashplayer release number, memory ?
Is your machine loaded with an accurate antivirus ? Is it up-to-date about service packs, patches, etc ? Have you checked your HDD recently ? Is your browser up-to-date, is your flash player up-to-date ?
These are basic things to check when your comp is having a strange behavior...
I assume you don't use an Apple IIc anymore, do you ? :p

While waiting more infos, here are things you could do by yourself :
1. Check your comp for viruses
2. check your HDD for data consistency check disk
3. Empty your browser cache
4. remove and reinstall your browser
5. remove and reinstall flashplayer Plug in failure

Last edited:

DeletedUser363

Thanks, I did that right away. I think it might be because I haven't been through the tutorial yet, but I don't want to do that because then I get involved in this game and I want to finish the game I'm already on first.

If it won't work and you think it's because you haven't done the tutorial why not leave changing the picture until you have? Just a thought, instead of worrying about something you're not actually going to play yet? ;)