• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered How are points calculated?

Kamael

Novice
Hi all,

I just came across a neighbour of mine, and I noticed something really strange. (For ease I have included screenshots). So what troubles me is how someone with a level 8 MH, some level 10 residencies, 5 workshops and some other buildings, has more points than I have. (I have 11,169 and they have 10,988, as I am not sure if you can see the points). You can clearly see the differences between the two cities on the screenshots, where mine is not everything included, so you can;t see it all, but I have the dwarven portal, training grounds level 4, 5 more level 12 planks manufactures and a level 10 armory. So how are points calculated? How is it possible someone with significantly less buildings can have more points than I? Is there something that I am missing and fail to see?

Last edited by a moderator:

MinervaOz

Enchanter
I can't read the figures on either image, but the number you've highlighted is not your points but your rank on the server. If you hover over it it will show you how many points you have in each category. Points are awarded for working population, required culture, world map progress, ancient wonders and tournaments. If you check your own points breakdown and your neighbour's you'll see where the differences are.

Kamael

Novice
Thanks for your answers! @MinervaOz thanks for pointing this out, I forgot to include the actual points, mine is 28.8k and theirs 29.2k, still higher than mine.

@Lelanya I am not aware of this reward you mentioned. I was inactive back in 2017, I only resumed playing early 2020. And you were actually right! Their world map progress is massive!!!! 23,578....not sure how this is possible...is this a part of the 2017 reward you mentioned?

Thank you for taking the time to respond to me ^^

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Hi all,

I just came across a neighbour of mine, and I noticed something really strange. (For ease I have included screenshots). So what troubles me is how someone with a level 8 MH, some level 10 residencies, 5 workshops and some other buildings, has more points than I have. (I have 11,169 and they have 10,988, as I am not sure if you can see the points). You can clearly see the differences between the two cities on the screenshots, where mine is not everything included, so you can;t see it all, but I have the dwarven portal, training grounds level 4, 5 more level 12 planks manufactures and a level 10 armory. So how are points calculated? How is it possible someone with significantly less buildings can have more points than I? Is there something that I am missing and fail to see?

View attachment 4546View attachment 4547

If you hang your mouse over the score you see a score breakdown
1593148268246.png

This wil explain all the differences