• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Hotkeys for troop selection

valle

Soothsayer
I think it would be great if you could select troops by using hotkeys. Now it's a lot of mouse clicking to select troops prior to battle.

It could be like this.
1 - LM
2 - LR
3 - Mage
4 - HM
5 - HR

Also some keys to switch between barrack troops, mercenary camp trops and traing ground troops.

The new tournament format has greatly reduced mouse clicking, but it could be even better with hotkeys.

Timneh

Artisan
Would it work having 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 when we already have those keys for setting productions in manufactories and workshops ? Not putting the idea down, i'm just wondering.

valle

Soothsayer
Would it work having 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 when we already have those keys for setting productions in manufactories and workshops ?

I don't see a problem with that. There will be no collision as those windows will never be open at the same time.
On the other hand it was only an example with the 1-5 keys. Any keys would work.

Timneh

Artisan
On the other hand it was only an example with the 1-5 keys. Any keys would work.

I understand that, that's one of the reasons i said i was just wondering.
I also do not see the difference between clicking the mouse and tapping a key to select troops, both mean moving 1 finger.

valle

Soothsayer
I also do not see the difference between clicking the mouse and tapping a key to select troops, both mean moving 1 finger.

For me it's much quicker. I think thats the reason there are shortcuts for goods buildings and workshops. Also less strain for the fingers when repeating it for a long time.

Gargon667

Mentor
Would it work having 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 when we already have those keys for setting productions in manufactories and workshops ? Not putting the idea down, i'm just wondering.

Of course not: If you open a factory 1,2,3,4 start productions, when you open the barracks it starts producing units, etc. As long as you are in a different window you can use the same keys as often as you like...

Sir Derf

Adept
Clicking the mouse on 5 different troops in a specific order requires you to move the mouse to 5 different places. Appropriate hotkeys, like 1-5, would allow you to place your hand once and tap five different keys. Less movement, less finicky, less prone to error...