• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

hide buildings

SkyRider99

Mentor
does anyone know if the hide buildings function is coming to the browser version of the game...... if it is please do it asap because it is the most useful setting on the app...
I am glad you mention that @chucky24. This feature has been requested a few different times. If we keep asking maybe it will become possible. Anyway, if you don't ask you don't get. ;)

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
I'll be honest guys, I don't know if they are looking to introduce this feature to the Browser!

What I will do though is pass it across as a suggestion and see if I receive any feedback for it!!

Kind Regards

Herodite.

SkyRider99

Mentor
I'll be honest guys, I don't know if they are looking to introduce this feature to the Browser!
I have a feeling that such an enhancement would be a monumental change to the operation and display for the browser version. Having just rectified the Trader problem, it may be unwise to consider complex new features.

It would be a nice extension though. :)

chucky24

Seeker
well it would certainly make rearranging my city significantly easier being able to see where i'm placing things without having to work out where things are because of graphics..... cant tell you the amount of time have got stuck trying to move things and not being able to quite tell where on building ends and another starts

Sir Derf

Adept
Pssssstt.... Are you aware of the various non-INNO sites which provide pre-time and real-time support for city planning and layout... various elven***.com places?

I have never been able to come to an agreement with the architect, and this has forced me to become a master furniture mover--agreed, it can be difficult to get all your buildings in a tidy arrangement, but sometimes it forces you to remove something you really didnt need/like in the first place. My biggest problem is as chucky said, finding the edges of things--but also those tiny one-square items that lurk in corners...

SkyRider99

Mentor
I have sometimes wished for a 2D/3D button. To switch views of my city between normal magnificent 3D, and plain 2D layout so I could see those pesky edges.

I think many Elvenari use ElvenArchitect for that, but is an additional separate site to navigate. Plus I find it inconvenient for large cities like mine.

chucky24

Seeker
I have never been able to come to an agreement with the architect, and this has forced me to become a master furniture mover--agreed, it can be difficult to get all your buildings in a tidy arrangement, but sometimes it forces you to remove something you really didnt need/like in the first place. My biggest problem is as chucky said, finding the edges of things--but also those tiny one-square items that lurk in corners...
it would be especially helpful for finding wayward path tiles and as you mentioned those pesky one tile culture buildings

Gannet

Seeker
This would be a very useful addition although i think this also says something about the design of the buildings.
In the early chapters i never felt i needed such an option but as you progress through the latter half of the chapters the buildings get more bulkier and uglier, until you reach the point where your town is just one big blob, the street completely disappears and you can no longer tell where one building ends and another one starts.

Sir Derf

Adept
Uglier, well that doesn't have any bearing on the question at hand...

Bulkier... Hmm... Well, given that buildings get progressively larger footprints, it only makes sense that they would grow taller as they grow wider, which would have them start to cover the view of land plots behind them. Unless Elvenar went the ranch house/strip mall architectural approach...

SkyRider99

Mentor
The Constructs guest race should do something useful for a change, and create a drone that can fly over our cities and give a bird's eye view.

Marike

Novice
Its my biggest pet hate about needing to use my laptop, a tablet is so much easier to move things, but my world is now too much for the tablet to cope with, so I went to laptop. Moving things and trying to find space to upgrade bigger buildings was soooo difficult without the hide button

one caveat about storing once-used buildings in the storage area: when you choose to remove a building to the sidelines pay attention to how much pop and culture you're taking out of the game. its not a free ride, and unless you have tons of culture and population at hand you could find yourself unable to progress. I learned that one the hard way.

MysticPT

Seeker
Hello all,

I'm writting this entry just to emphasise the importante of the "Hide Building" feature. It's great in mobile please add it in PC browser. :)

All the best... regards.