• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Hi people........and elves

DeletedUser

Are you saying that negotiating costs are related to the size of your squad so if my squad is 300 max then negotiation costs will be no more double the value of the squad ?
It's not that simple. The core idea is that the cost of both negotiation AND fighting vary with distance and squad size,
BUT sometimes you'll luck out and get low-end negotiation costs, and other times you'll get twice that amount, for the various encounters in a sector.

So the point is that, randomly, half the time negotiation will be a good deal, and half the time it will be a rotten deal, as compared to the cost of fighting.

DeletedUser2114

It's not that simple. The core idea is that the cost of both negotiation AND fighting vary with distance and squad size,
BUT sometimes you'll luck out and get low-end negotiation costs, and other times you'll get twice that amount, for the various encounters in a sector.

So the point is that, randomly, half the time negotiation will be a good deal, and half the time it will be a rotten deal, as compared to the cost of fighting.
Ah, I got you now. My approach up to now has been to go in with 5 squads and see what happens. If I get defeated I then cough up the negotiation cost. Cost of course is a factor too. Yeah, lots of variables I guess. I tend to battle more but if I was 2/8th or 3/8 away from a land expansion then yeah, negotiate all the way.

DeletedUser

I suppose I'm fortunate that quite early on I was invited to join a fellowship which is active and with many more advanced players. In the early days they often accepted my trades even when if I was offering goods that they too had boosted. I'm now able to start doing similar for our less advanced players.

I do occasionally focus to a neighbour who has been good for accepting trades from me, who has obviously discovered my city. When I have someone do that, that I can't yet accept trades without a fee from, I generally drop them a note to thank them with my hope to reciprocate when I get there.

I used to be more random but it was driving me nuts, especially when I got a quest to do a province x rings out. So I now have a world map in my spreadsheet and update ring by ring. I like to be organised! It's great that everyone can do things their own way to some degree.