• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Elvenar Team Here am I, send me.

Rilian

Ex-Team Member
It is said that many are called, but few are chosen.
Just what that means, I have no idea.
However, I am the newest Game Moderator on Elvenar (EN).
I will be answering your support tickets, so be gentle, I bite back.
Seriously (unlikely), I will be doing everything in my power to ensure that your experience with the game is pleasant and, if not hiccup-free, at least not involving any hospital time.

Katwijk

many are called, but few are chosen.
OK - darn you - you got me curious. See http://www.kencollins.com/answers/question-44.htm

The important concept is that "many" has a different meaning than you might expect.
  • In English, many is exclusive. "Many of them came" suggests that most of them didn't.
  • In (biblical) Greek, many is inclusive. "Many of them came" suggests that practically everybody showed up.
So in English it's sort a double negative, which is always a good start for a Game Moderator. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1295

Having read the above posts, I foresee a long and enjoyable discussion between both posters :)
Welcome to the team Rilian !!!

DeletedUser814

Congratulations and welcome to the Elvenar International support team. I am sure that you will be an excellent addition! :)