• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

HELP: [Research Magic] Quest

Aelian

Novice
Hello everyone.

I'm new to the game and I have a problem with a quest. It's name is [Research Magic] and it says I have to build 4 marble manufactories.
But the guy gives me a tip and says "Before we accidentally waste our space with manufactories we might not need, let us first finish our research on the Relics. I have a feeling that for whatever reason, Marble Relics will have a special relationship to the pace where we founded our settlement"

Does that mean I can complete the quest without actually building the 4 Marble manufactories but doing something else instead??

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
@Aelian I'm not fully familiar with the new research tree and quests as they keep changing. All I can say that relics increase the production of your boosted manufacturies that are the only ones worth building at your stage. When you click on your Main Hall, it shows your boosted goods and you need research production boost for you to get it and make it easier to get goods to build your manufacturies. Here's more information in the wiki:

schadenfreude

Enchanter
It looks like you are marble boosted for Tier 1. I think it’s safe to build your marbles now and I don’t think they will be wasted. The relic boosts can catch up later. I think you will prob need more than 4 marbles starting out. As they upgrade, get larger, and produce more, you drop the number of manufactories slowly.

Sir Derf

Adept
The tip is for you to avoid building too many Steel or Plank Manufactories. Once you Research the use of Marble Relics, collecting Marble Relics will boost your Marble Production. With sufficient Marble Relics, a Marble Manufactory can produce 700% more Marble then without the Research and Relics. Under these conditions, it is usually more efficient to have mostly (or only) Marble Manus and to gain most (or all) Steel and Planks from trade.

You should complete the quest with 4 Marble Manus, and can later decide whether 4 is too few or too many, and how many (or any) Steel or Planks you want.

Relics are mostly collected from Scouting on the World Map, or by joining a Fellowship and partaking in weekly Tournaments.

Trading is done with the Provinces you discover while Scouting (which might or might not be active participants), or by joining a Fellowship and trading with your Fellows.