• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Hello. I've questions regarding Manufactory Boost and Wholesale trading, please.

DeletedUser7744

First, hi everyone :) new player here. Just started playing for a week.

My questions: does Manufactory Boost permanent or will it change over time? (mine's currently on Plank.) If it's permanent, should I sell the non-boosted Manufactories (Marble and Steel) and rely mainly on Wholesale trading? Will this approach pose problems down the road for a new city? (Chapter 1, Main Hall 2)

And I also noticed that Wholesale trader offers to barter my Planks for Marbles and Steel, but no Planks are being offered there. I assume this is because Plank is currently my boosted commodity?

Sorry if that's too many questions, it's just that I got hooked to this game from day one and I intend to not making a blunder. Thanks in advance.

PS. I apologize if the questions sound confusing or come off wrong, English is not my native language.

cwgiii

Shaman
Your manufactory boosts will not change. The current ones will determine future ones in later chapters. Many player do recommend to only produce your boosted goods. But it can be advantageous in the very beginning to have an initial supply on your own. It does help to join a Fellowship for trades. The Wholesaler is a potential source for non-boosted goods, but it is expensive (compared to trading with neighbors or Fellows). If your desired trade is not posted on the Trader (not Wholesaler), you can always post one of your own (once you build the Trader).

I do recommend you take a look at the Wiki page. It holds LOTS of good info. There are also several supporting sites and Facebook sites that can add info (be careful of spoilers):

Gamersgemsofknowledge:
https://www.gamersgemsofknowledge.com/story-quests-elves

Mykan's Guide:
https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/mykans-guide-to-elvenar.2829/#post-18658

CrazyWizard:
http://crazywizard.info/en/event_easter_2017_daily.html

There are a few strategies that become important later on in the game that cannot be undone, once committed to (even unintentionally). For instance, there are optional Squad Upgrades built into the Knowledge Tree. Many people argue that these should or should not be avoided. There are many threads on the subject here on the Forum that can be searched.

DeletedUser7744

Awesome! Thanks for your clarification cwgiii. I'm especially ecstatic about Boost being permanent!

But the problem with Trader is that the prices of the offered goods can be unreasonably steep. (Why would they do this? It's like snacks prices at the movie theatre.) Worst, when I posted three 1:1 barter on Trade (those are two star offers right there) it took almost two days before they got accepted.

True, Wholesale prices can get expensive real quick but at least they're consistent and reliable. So I guess I'll try my hands on Fellowship. I've been diligently doing NH around my vicinity so a Fellowship should be a kind of step up, right?

Regarding skipping Research I'll consult the forum when I encounter one since as of now I'm overwhelm by where to dump my KP. The game's pretty generous on those.

Again, thanks.

cwgiii

Shaman
But the problem with Trader is that the prices of the offered goods can be unreasonably steep

True. The Trader Fee is steep in the beginning. But there are structures that help bring this down. Plus, discovered cities don't cost this extra amount.

Fellowship should be a kind of step up, right?

Fellowships are great. They have many benefits. I highly recommend. But be careful to get the right fit. Many Fellowships have different philosophies on trading, tournament participation, Fellowship Adventure participation, Neighborly Help participation, construction pace, ranking points, etc. .