• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Headless Halloween

Deleted User - 106219

This is not just about Headless Halloween event. It is about ALL events.

I try and hold my tongue as long as I can. I have dealt with this poor judgement on the quests team since the first event after Elemental's was released. It has gone on since then and feels like the players are given the bird from INNO. Team Elvenar.
Fixed that for you.

It's Team Elvenar that insist on using goods productions in events. Thankfully, their colleagues from FoE do not. It's one of the reasons I find the events in FoE more fun (they have their own issues, of course).

m4rt1n

Adept
@Dizzy Lizzie as I'm going to be running very tight with this event to finish the Halflings I was wondering about the last quest and whether I could use unlock advanced scouts to complete the event and get the buliding at ch12 level.

Last quest is
To research a tech or upgrade a building to level 12

This prospect is becoming doubtful and will probably involve kp purchase so I'll keep you posted. I'm going to hold on the 8 Toolbox quest 29, as I have still 3 tech's (including advanced scouts) and not doing so would cause a premature finish, and I have just under a week left so will give it until the last minute to finish the event. :)

DeletedUser4149

First. You can take your non boosted production quests and shove them where the sun doesnt shine!
Second. You can take your boosted 1 and 2 day production quests and shove them right along side the first one! When we are now required to have 'Sentient' goods and they remove our 1 and 2 day productions, you should not require them any longer in quests.
that's funny. i can see how those quests are discouraging. they take a long time. but mini events are easy. most people seem to finish them days ahead of time. i think that having instants of every type and temporary buildings that add to our combat abilities have taken a lot of the challenge out of things already. they probably need to make events tougher to compensate for all of the shortcuts instants give everyone.

back to your comments, i didn't like the non boosted production quests at all at first. now i think they are a good way to level the playing field for cities that have to use 2x2s instead of 2x1s for the boosted production quests. it's so much easier for an elven plank maker or marble maker to start a dozen long cycles ahead of time compared to a steel maker that needs twice as much space for his productions. it's only fair that marble makers should have to use some steel factories to complete quests too. now everyone has to use pretty much the same amount of space to complete those quests, instead of giving a big advantage to some cities and not others. people who are aware of this might actually refuse to play a city that has a steel boost and start another city that has boosts that are easier for events, leading to a greater lack of balance for each good. i also think the 3rd world is a big part of the reason why there aren't as many new players coming as there are leaving the first 2 worlds. like you said, there are lots of cities that are no longer playing.

for elemental factories that don't have the options to run 1 and 2 day cycles, i don't think you should be using your best factories to run long inefficient cycles in the first place. build 2x2 and 2x1 factories for those quests. a city in elementals that has 100 expansions by then shouldn't have much of an issue using 1 expansion for event quests. you'll save more goods by not running unproductive cycles w/ your best factories.

m4rt1n

Adept
I don't understand all the resistance to buy 12kp, my Hall is almost always full and 12kp used less than half my gold in the hall, and that kp was mine to keep and use. :)
Maybe you have overspent on kp in the past making it too expensive now?

Lelanya

Mentor
I don't understand all the resistance to buy 12kp, my Hall is almost always full and 12kp used less than half my gold in the hall, and that kp was mine to keep and use. :)
Exactly. It is simple, if you don't waste resources constantly buying them to rush the tech tree. Tourney made it easy, I love the mix of relics and encounters. Even my small Beta finished :)

LazyTony

Sorcerer
I don't understand the buy KP whinging either. 1KP currently costs me 2146k gold, and I am still buying maybe 10 a week outside of events. I have about 2000% of gold instants, visiting my entire word map gets me about 10 mill coins, and even though more than half my population isn't from houses, I still run at a surplus of approx 4 mill gold a day from the 20 or so houses I do have.

Deleted User - 106219

The price of KP NEVER goes down, only up. There are story quests that force you to buy KP, and almost every event has one or more "Buy X KP" quests with no alternative, so if you keep doing these quests you end up with huge costs (like LazyTony's, or even greater).

Obvuiously, different players have different priorities, so some just donlt care about the cists.

LazyTony

Sorcerer
I understand that it can become a problem, but the KP cost itself isn't a problem - it only becomes a problem if you can't buy KP when needed. Could anyone who doesn't like the buy KP quests give me the following numbers pls?

1. Current KP cost
2. Current max coin storage
3. Current coin instant % in inventory
4. Current coin value of visiting entire world map
5. Current net coins (so Golden Abyss + houses - factory builds) from a normal day running your factories etc

Approximate values are fine, but I suspect when you look into it, many will find that they can easily afford 12 KP.

cwgiii

Shaman
As others have pointed out, I think there are many ways that players choose to play the game. Part of the resistance could be that the KP purchase quests can be perceived as "training" players to do this when it is, in fact, not a "good practice" in the long run. Sure, it is fine once-in-a-while. But people do need to be aware that the cost of such purchases never goes down, but continually increases. I have personally restricted myself to never purchase except for quests that require it. This works well for me, since I started this practice early. However, I imagine, there are some that did not discover this early on and are now in a position where they are in a pinch during these large purchase quests.

Lelanya

Mentor
Tony I am collecting that info for you, but as you know, some use their boosted goods too, to stretch it out, while others avoid it.

I can't say enough about the improvements in this event especially over the last Halloween event. A smart player can use tourney for solve x many, and collect relics from provinces, neighbours and tourney windup. Thanjs again for a well balanced event.

Killiak

Artisan
So, producing a Demetor's Bowl no longer counts as the 1-day production for your T1 boost (marble)?

DeletedUser7799

Getting a bit frustrated with ambiguous quest instructions. Now up a blind alley and despite enjoying the game may just pull the plug.

Killiak

Artisan
No, it now counts as a 3-hour production.

No :(
Partway thru the last FA that got 'fixed'

Yeah, I completely missed that, so it's quite the bitter surprise. I find it fair, of course, but it has cost me some time now.
Also, this means I now have to build my very own boosted again at level 1 to finish events. That is quite bothersome.

Why can't the elemental+ manufactories have an extra tab so that the regular / sentient options are BOTH available? @Muf-Muf @Dizzy Lizzie

Last edited:

DeletedUser4149

Getting a bit frustrated with ambiguous quest instructions. Now up a blind alley and despite enjoying the game may just pull the plug.
what exactly don't you understand about the quest instructions? you realize that there is a complete quest list at "gems of knowledge", right?
keep in mind that solve 24 encounters or 24 tournament encounters means either or, not 12 of each. the counter in the quest window can be misleading.
if you aren't getting enough info from your current fellows, try using the forum to find a better fellowship. i'm sure there are many good ones that can provide better info for you.