• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Headless Halloween

m4rt1n

Adept
This prospect is becoming doubtful and will probably involve kp purchase so I'll keep you posted. I'm going to hold on the 8 Toolbox quest 29, as I have still 3 tech's (including advanced scouts) and not doing so would cause a premature finish, and I have just under a week left so will give it until the last minute to finish the event. :)

Even more doubtful now, unless inno decide to give everyone another 25% guest race goods refill instant. Looks like a little math in my head will leave me about 3000 short on Jolly Jelly Thurday evening allowing time to earn the kp for the advanced scouts from the tournament on Friday. Turning half my settlement into producing apples now to give a little hope as I almost have the other goods required, still I will sit requiring one toolbox until Thursday then get that and upgrade a building overnight to finish Friday. Then I await my free Royal Restoration Spell. :D

DeletedUser7805

Just how many units are required for Mission 25 "Recruit a huge amount of Units"

Deleted User - 106219

Just how many units are required for Mission 25 "Recruit a huge amount of Units"
It depends on your Squad Size. I THINK (but I am not certain) the exact amount is 3 times your squad szie.

m4rt1n

Adept
So currently I'm sat with my final toolbox ready and the squad size upgrade voluntary tech ready to finish in case I cannot finish the advanced scouts. I need to finish the AW tech of the Halflings though first and am waiting on Jolly Jelly, lots of it so now it is looking highly doubtful that I will get a chapter 12 prize and rather have to settle for the ch 11 version.
I'm giving it a good go though.

DeletedUser

I've just done that quest and the following one on the tournament without any issues.
Remember all 14 have to be on the tournament OR on the provinces, and the counter will show the highest amount. They do not combine.

I thought that but for me they did combine. I'd done 3 encounters on the map which were recorded then it accepted the rest in tournament encounters. Perhaps it was a tech error but it happened! :D

DeletedUser7653

I'm on Mission 25 now and it's asking 30 Units, my squad size is 15.
I have just got Mission 25. It is asking for 228 units. I am about two thirds through Chapter III. Because I am have decide not to take a combative route and, therefore, not to build up my military buildings; I have A Level 1 Barracks and nothing else, my Training Size is only 6 though my Squad Size is 114. This quest is now going to be impossible for me to complete in time to finish the rest of the quests and therefore all the time and resources I have spent so far are wasted. Very, very disappointing.

I think that the number of units to be trained should have been based on Training Size and not on Squad Size as this is the more logical measurement.

I have been doing quite nicely with my non-military strategy so far. Thanks to the negotiating and catering alternatives for Provinces and tournaments and a lot of help from my Fellows Neighbours and trading partners. It is just a pity that a non-military alternative had not been devised for all situations.

DeletedUser3097

This quest is now going to be impossible for me to complete in time to finish the rest of the quests and therefore all the time and resources I have spent so far are wasted.

Have you any time instants you could use to reduce the time?

DeletedUser5306

I thought that but for me they did combine. I'd done 3 encounters on the map which were recorded then it accepted the rest in tournament encounters. Perhaps it was a tech error but it happened! :D

Happened to a fellow as well, she could combine both and finish... well it's good news! :D

DeletedUser7653

Have you any time instants you could use to reduce the time?
Yes. but not enough of a suitable time. I have been using them mostly as get them.I have to train 36 sets of units at just over an hour each. I have 10 one hour Time Reduction instants and 11 30 minute ones; no where near enough.

It is the first downside to my strategy and I thought I was doing so well.

m4rt1n

Adept
Yes. but not enough of a suitable time. I have been using them mostly as get them.I have to train 36 sets of units at just over an hour each. I have 10 one hour Time Reduction instants and 11 30 minute ones; no where near enough.

It is the first downside to my strategy and I thought I was doing so well.

It may be quicker to quickly build a couple of armories and upgrade the barracks in your situation. You can always remove the armories afterwards, but a heads up you will need armories fully upgraded from Ch8 onwards in the game anyway.

Last edited:

DeletedUser7805

If I'm reading the Grand Prize correctly, as I'm on Chapter II (Evolving), the building will remain always at Chapter II stats?

m4rt1n

Adept
If I'm reading the Grand Prize correctly, as I'm on Chapter II (Evolving), the building will remain always at Chapter II stats?

Yes that is correct, unless as promised a new spell becomes available soon to upgrade won buildings in a similar way as premium workshops and residences can using the current blueprint now. But that is a whole other topic.

DeletedUser7653

It may be quicker to quickly build a couple of armories and upgrade the barracks in your situation. You can always remove the armories afterwards, but a heads up you will need armories fully upgraded from Ch8 onwards in the game anyway.
Thanks for the heads up m4rt1n. I am a long way from Ch8 presently but will keep this in mind.

m4rt1n

Adept
Looks like I'm not going to make chapter 12 to win the building, oh well.
I'll still enjoy having the building in my city and the population at ch11 is still very good and better than a residence per square. :)

I have to say that I have enjoyed this event and especially being able to use the tournament more in the quests, thank you to the developers. :)

DeletedUser3097

I can't say enough about the improvements in this event especially over the last Halloween event. A smart player can use tourney for solve x many, and collect relics from provinces, neighbours and tourney windup. Thanjs again for a well balanced event.

I have to say that I have enjoyed this event and especially being able to use the tournament more in the quests, thank you to the developers. :)

Thank you for your appreciative comments- they have been passed on!