• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Have to research Barracks?

DeletedUser7874

Hello,
I'm new and when I started I had the choice to research the Barracks, which I didn't do because I don't want to do the fighting.
Now I am following the quests and I have one to research the Barracks even though I don't want to.
So do I have to do it to keep the quests coming?
If so it's a waste of my limited space to place a building I won't use - or can I sell it after?

I have done a bit of a forum search on this but didn't see anything related.

Deleted User - 106219

You don't really have a choice - you will have to research the Barracks sooner or later if you want to continue with the game, as the Barracks tech is required for other techs.

You can avoid actually building the Barracks - once you have finished the first chapter all story quests from it should become declinable, allowing you to refuse the quest that wants you to build the Barracks.

Once you have built the Barracks you will not be able to delete them.

Keep in mind that many events have one or more quests that want you to train a certain number of units.

DeletedUser7874

Thanks Shadowblack - yes the quest is only to research at this stage - might need it for events though - ok I haven't done an event yet.

EDIT Oh hang on, the next quest is to have a Barracks o_O

Deleted User - 106219

Yep, you'll be stuck on this quest until you build the Barracks, or until you finish the chapter and start chapter II, at which point the quest should become declinable.