• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Has anyone done calculations on early vs late Portal Profit usage ?

Jixel

Spellcaster
So, until now I've been thinking that the best way to use Portal Profit spells is to save them until the Portal is at level 4, since the amount refilled will be greater.
However, in Constructs, the level 2 Portal upgrade can be done with about 90% of Portal Profit spells as soon as it has been built. Without the spells, first I'd have to build some (possibly one of each) of the Ports, and then wait to accumulate enough Elvarium/Humanium for the upgrade. It seems (without having done the calculations), that having the increased production from the Portal sooner should speed up progress through the chapter more than waiting until the Portal is level 4 before using them.

... so, I'm hoping someone else has done the calculations to prove it one way or the other, to save me a bunch of fiddling with spreadsheets :) Anyone ?

DeletedUser6357

You do not need a table - the ominous moment in the Constructors chapter is the ports: number and level of upgrades.
Port upgrades carry 50%, on the portal - only 20%.
I have BTG 21%. I managed to find a place for 12 gates - completely enough, the next chapter will not release it in May, but it will only come in August.
Inno deliberately scattered the port upgrades in separate technologies across the head - to play slowly, at low speeds.

Deleted User - 341074

@jixel
I prioritized
1. Place all 16 ports
2. Upgrade port using profits to max as t6 allowed
3. Use timer instants to upgrade ports asap.

You need your "tier 2" port stuff to make humanium/elvanium AND to upgrade the ports, so imo it is better not to "waste" it on humanium/elvanium until you have max portal.

It's pretty easy to get 270% PP this event, which is enough for max portal.

Note: no calculations done, since I'm mobile only at the moment, just Instinctive guesswork.