• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Halloween

rowena656

Adventurer
most of the tasks can be done just in normal game play, and the end two prizes are not the only rewards there are instants for doing the tasks which used correctly can save lots of time and move you forward quickly. kps are also coming up.

DeletedUser4816

most of the tasks can be done just in normal game play, and the end two prizes are not the only rewards there are instants for doing the tasks which used correctly can save lots of time and move you forward quickly. kps are also coming up.

yeah i dont get either why everyone is complaining, buying 17 KP is nothing .. neither are solving 40 encounters .. ppl who have 70h+ scouting time should use the 3min/15min/30min instant boosters to make it go quicker! its not like we just had a event .. they had time enough to prepare for this event!

Jackluyt

Shaman
I just wrote my final comments on this Event for the EPL guide.
Does anyone have anything to add?

Comments - in conclusion

There is very little to say about this Event!
  • A lot of the silly quests that have spoiled previous Events have been removed - and that makes it a lot better!
    Changing 'Power of Provision' to 'Any Enchantment Of Your Choice' is an example.

• Over all - it is a workmanlike Event that is fair to most players.
    The rewards are good without being particularly exciting.
    The Instants rewards are useful.

It is also crushingly boring...

• One of the things that would make an Event attractive would be if it were Fun! This one is about as much Fun as watching a tortoise race.
    Why not add a mystery prize box or a daily spin with random prizes and the possibility of winning a grand Jackpot? THAT would get the players excited!
    If there were a tiny chance of winning a thousand KP or an extra Scout for example - that would get everyone excited and involved...

• I believe that all quests should be CONSTRUCTIVE! They should either teach us new skills for beginners (like move a building; place a trade, accept a trade, gain 10 population, upgrade a street, etc etc) - or they should help us to improve our city.

Recent Events have started to move this way, and most of the silly, wasteful quests that annoyed the players are no longer there. But the designers are still sticking with the silliness of forcing us to build Tier One non-boosted manufactories that no normal player would want or need.

More constructive quests in future, please, Timon?
    Fewer rubbishy ones?

Keep up the good work you have done so far!!
    :)
Our full guide is here:

https://www.facebook.com/notes/elve...-27-october-till-9-november/1937214279867284/

22815400_10210347646268145_2233649414554683134_n.jpg

m4rt1n

Adept
Completed the event, using both tourneys for the relics and most of my instants from this event and the last event. It was heavy on resourses, but I had a lot of fun, as it was more of a challenge this time.
I just need to make space for the buildings now. :)

Note to self: No more scouting until the xmas event otherwise I will need orcs, and I'm only a third of the way through Fairies. :p

Last edited:

DeletedUser3182

yeah i dont get either why everyone is complaining, buying 17 KP is nothing .. neither are solving 40 encounters .. ppl who have 70h+ scouting time should use the 3min/15min/30min instant boosters to make it go quicker! its not like we just had a event .. they had time enough to prepare for this event!

Seriously, you think players should use 3min instants on 70 hour scouts just to win more instants - yes, that would make it go quicker, using 20 or 30 will seriously impact on the length of time. Yes, it is like we just had an event, which finished on 23 October - 4 days before the Hallowe'en started. As for 17 KP being nothing, probably for someone who's reached Woodelves maybe - for some smaller players it's a big deal to find enough resources and /or coins to buy them. I cannot upgrade a building to 20, I cannot win any encounters for the same reason - I am not in orcs, but need them for the latter and need to be there for the former.

I absolutely agree with Jack Luyt, this event is mind numbingly boring. I find the need to build non-boosted goods goes against the one former ethos of this game, which was 'you don't need non-boosted, it's what trading is for'. This constant obsession the designers have for repetitive supplies tasks, from 97 beverages to 35 simple tools and 10 groceries - either you have to build unwanted w/s or spend time producing them - I don't want to sit at this game for up to two hours, or keep coming back in to reset the w/s. I dislike building and selling ws or goods just for event tasks - especially as it is at a loss. No, I don't care if I can afford it - I object to being forced into it.

Yes, I think the buildings are cool, but not enough that I want to dedicate so much time and effort to get them. I have a life outside this game and no, I don't want to have to spend hours preparing for an event, which should be about strategy and fun, not re-hashed tasks, because developers and designers don't seem able to move away from produce XX supplies, win XX encounters, gain XX relics, produce XX supplies. etc.

DeletedUser4528

Seriously, you think players should use 3min instants on 70 hour scouts just to win more instants - yes, that would make it go quicker

Of course it will be quicker .

Lets see, 5 provinces at 70 hours each, thats 350 hours.
Errrr, 20 x 3min speedup per hour, so you only need 7,000 3 min speed ups.

So lets say they take 0.5 seconds each to apply, thats 3,500 seconds, so less than an hour.

So there we have it. All you need is 7,000 3min instants, an hour of solid clicking to apply them, and bish bash bosh, ,Bobs yer Uncle

Now, if only we could get the devs to change the "encounter" to "fight" so that the tournaments counted, maybe , just maybe we would have a solution.

Note to self, "drink more coffee"
~
Any thoughts guys and gals.

DeletedUser4816

Seriously, you think players should use 3min instants on 70 hour scouts just to win more instants - yes, that would make it go quicker, using 20 or 30 will seriously impact on the length of time. Yes, it is like we just had an event, which finished on 23 October - 4 days before the Hallowe'en started. As for 17 KP being nothing, probably for someone who's reached Woodelves maybe - for some smaller players it's a big deal to find enough resources and /or coins to buy them. I cannot upgrade a building to 20, I cannot win any encounters for the same reason - I am not in orcs, but need them for the latter and need to be there for the former.

I absolutely agree with Jack Luyt, this event is mind numbingly boring. I find the need to build non-boosted goods goes against the one former ethos of this game, which was 'you don't need non-boosted, it's what trading is for'. This constant obsession the designers have for repetitive supplies tasks, from 97 beverages to 35 simple tools and 10 groceries - either you have to build unwanted w/s or spend time producing them - I don't want to sit at this game for up to two hours, or keep coming back in to reset the w/s. I dislike building and selling ws or goods just for event tasks - especially as it is at a loss. No, I don't care if I can afford it - I object to being forced into it.

Yes, I think the buildings are cool, but not enough that I want to dedicate so much time and effort to get them. I have a life outside this game and no, I don't want to have to spend hours preparing for an event, which should be about strategy and fun, not re-hashed tasks, because developers and designers don't seem able to move away from produce XX supplies, win XX encounters, gain XX relics, produce XX supplies. etc.

sarcasme sunshine .. sarcasme .. was obvious, i tought ..

DeletedUser3542

All that clicking could possibly lead to repetitive strain injury plus a nervous tick and a broken mouse:confused::eek:i'll sue em

DeletedUser3182

Shamy, if you used 30min instants, you'd only need 700 and 6 mins clicking - et voila more time to drink coffee ;) .

Riotz sarcasm is a blunt edged heavy weapon, irony is a rapier wit - perhaps less of the former and more of the latter.

DeletedUser3688

Has anyone got the full list of 32 tasks needed to be completed?

DeletedUser441

I rushed my advanced scouts by buying a lot of kps but that enabled me to scout enough provinces to complete the Halloween event and had the extra benefit of higher value reward buildings. :D Reducing scouting time by 25% gave me the time to finish it (from 55 hours to 44 hours) with a day to spare.:p :) ;)
Shame I don't need the culture or population. :(