• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

City Hall of Memory and Illusory Incantation

DeletedUser7257

Two ideas that would work together.

Hall of Memory:
As we progress through the chapters, we often find that our event buildings become obsolete, and we are forced to demolish them if we want a more efficient city. This is often hard for those players who get easily attached to things. The idea is to have something like a "hall of fame" tab in the inventory, which could "store" demolished event buildings, but without the ability to build them again. Something like an album for hopelessly sentimental people. It could also be used for a spell, described below:

Illusory Incantation:
A new spell that could change the appearance of a given building into another building of the same size, provided that you have it in your Hall of Memory. Perhaps it could only work on culture buildings. The spell itself could be quite rare, being awarded during events similarly to time boosters, or bough for a small amount of diamonds.

cwgiii

Shaman
I like the Hall of Memory idea. Many similar concepts have been proposed and Timon even mentioned the possibility of something like this on the horizon. I am eagerly anticipating something.....as I am one of those hopelessly sentimental folks.

I am intrigued by the spell too. Although, I would like to hear more on how this would work. How would this impact benefits of the building on which this is cast? Would population/culture revert back to the stats for the "old" building, or would they remain as for the "new" building? Would this strictly be an appearance thing? Would this confuse folks providing neighborly help as they are thinking that they are helping building A when really they are helping building B?

DeletedUser7257

It would only affect appearance. A vanity thing for people who care about how their city looks. Otherwise I think it would be overly powerful.

As for the neighbors and fellows, I suppose they might be tricked by it, unless they moused over the building, or something.