• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Goodbye

Lelanya

Mentor
Goodbye
That's all for me folks.
It's been a long haul here
I've redirected argumentative posters when there were no staff able to help.
I've presented alternative points of view, maybe even represented yours, even when I've known the self appointed experts would object.
I've supported proposals, debunked myths, even overturned long standing biases against second cities.

All I ever wanted in return was a little appreciation, occasionally a 'like' if I represented your point of view.

Instead, what I get, is muzzled for rules no one can seem to navigate correctly.
The only real support I've gotten lately is from a guest to our server, thank you @SoggyShorts.
And a lot of unconstructive, argumentative, counter posting.

Thanks everyone, who's followed me, who've supported me, but left before me.

I'll be making the occasional recruitment post, otherwise,
Sayonara
Lel

Deleted User - 341074

A loss for these forums for sure. Lelania put up 1700 posts which means that of all the posts ever made 1 in 50 was from her.
Not super surprised that she has left though, these forums have some... unique policies leading to a very low population.
Unfortunate for what is billed as the "international" forums.

m4rt1n

Adept
Thank you for everything @Lelanya over 3 years of help from you here on the forum and ingame.

You have contributed so much and helped so many players here over the years.

I am so sad it has come to this and you will be sorely missed my friend.

Take care.

sgjennings

Adventurer
I found your posts helpful, Lelanya. If you ever decide to return, there are people here who appreciate you!

SkyRider99

Mentor
You've been an enormous help to many players Lelanya. Many thanks and best wishes.
I understand your reasons, especially the unconstructive, argumentative, counter posting issue from a vocal minority, that has reared its ugly head recently.
Enjoy.

Laurelin

Sorcerer
You've been an enormous help to many players Lelanya. Many thanks and best wishes.
I'm sure that anyone who has been here long enough to recognise individual posters' contributions will second this sentiment.
I understand your reasons, especially the unconstructive, argumentative, counter posting issue from a vocal minority, that has reared its ugly head recently.
This issue, though, I really don't recognise. If anything, I find that the high level of Mod intervention on these Forums reduces the level of dispute and/or disagreement between commentators (which I can only assume is what you mean by 'counter-posting' - but if you mean something else, please could you elaborate?) to the point where many, if not most, topics are now no longer available subjects of what I personally consider to be open and genuine debate. And genuine debate is something I've always both expected and enjoyed on Internet Forums (and online Bulletin Boards, before them) for some three decades or so... with its absence, here, being the primary reason why I, for one, am very rarely inclined to post at all.

DeletedUser5181

Goodbye
That's all for me folks.
It's been a long haul here
I've redirected argumentative posters when there were no staff able to help.
I've presented alternative points of view, maybe even represented yours, even when I've known the self appointed experts would object.
I've supported proposals, debunked myths, even overturned long standing biases against second cities.

All I ever wanted in return was a little appreciation, occasionally a 'like' if I represented your point of view.

Instead, what I get, is muzzled for rules no one can seem to navigate correctly.
The only real support I've gotten lately is from a guest to our server, thank you @SoggyShorts.
And a lot of unconstructive, argumentative, counter posting.

Thanks everyone, who's followed me, who've supported me, but left before me.

I'll be making the occasional recruitment post, otherwise,
Sayonara
Lel
We'll see you across the pond (fantastic2676 there )

DeletedUser5181

Me and crackie have been comparing servers for awhile now.

Funniest to us is how the international servers censor language and the US ones don't. It was a lot of fun testing that out.

But, I am sad that you felt you had enough here. I haven't spent that much time in this forum, but I have seen your name around a lot!