• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Golem I = useless?

DeletedUser

Have you found any good use for them?

My 4 groups of golems (x14) did stand no chance against 4 groups of few ents (4-5) - despite assumed specialization against them (heavy melee), I barely even scratched them. WTF?

In other battle I noticed that archers do more damage to ents than golems do despite stats shown.
Is there any bug with damage bonuses / resistances?

Ents can kill dogs much better then golems can (and with almost no loss) and strangely enough, enemy necromancers seem to kill about same number of my golems as they kill my SD .. though there many more SD in the group so SD survive longer and kill necromancers faster.

Considering that archers can kite while golems cannot, why would I bother using golems?

I must be missing something ... :confused:

DeletedUser294

Yes , golems are useless at(lvl 1) and u should use archers instead , but when u promote golems they become quiet nice;)

DeletedUser358

I'll be honest, the last 2 units are both VERY situational, and mostly, its cheaper/easier to use the first 3 (dancers, archers and treants)

DeletedUser294

I'll be honest, the last 2 units are both VERY situational, and mostly, its cheaper/easier to use the first 3 (dancers, archers and treants)

Fail..., u can´t have gotten far in provinces with this comment....
I´am at 140 provinces, and i almost only use ants , golems and sorcerers now, and have been for quiet some time... Swords are situational and archers i don´t use anymore...

DeletedUser358

Yup, total fail....oh wait...163 provinces open.
If you don't use those, just means you don't know how to.
I didn't say golems and sorcs were useless, I said they were very situational.
kktnxbai

DeletedUser294

Yup, total fail....oh wait...163 provinces open.
If you don't use those, just means you don't know how to.
I didn't say golems and sorcs were useless, I said they were very situational.
kktnxbai

Maybe it´s because u don´t know how to use sorceress and golems?, could that be......
Or it means, i know that golem II are better then archers, so really no point use/making archers anymore...

Ants/golems replaces swords, so only use is when killing necros, and even then u could use golems to....

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I use treants II and golem I (not got golem II yet) for marble provinces, I lose some of both types as I go but its not the total wipeout of the other troop types.