• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Battle Global Tournament ranking points - rankings by chapter? - PART 2

DeletedUser6404

Hi all :elf::human:!

Before I wrote an idea (screenshot bellow), that I see was closed by Inno (didn't ask for that), so I can't continue that chat anymore.
(please read it first).

Since then, I have now moved forward and am almost on Orcs chapter. I am now finally in a good working team also. When you have a good active team together, doing 10 chests every week is not that hard anymore. That is why I like the extra challenge for global ranking points some weeks.

Still I see it is not fair. Rankings should be coded by chapter. I'll try to explain why it isn't and hope you understand:

As your city gets bigger, you produce more goods & make bigger troops of course. So does the player two or three chapters behind you in time. Both compete in the same weekly tournament for global ranking points against each other, other team members. The goods & troops needed for both to win tournie provinces for points in their chapter are equal and fair in battle, mathematically so.

The thing that is NOT fair is that the higher chapter player has much more tournie provinces unlocked than the lower chapter player. Do you understand?

I thought about getting ready before weeks and hit the upcomming dust tournament with full might to get global Arendyll domanition with over 10K points. But that is impossible for me still on Fairies chapter. Not impossible for higher chapter players.

In the weekly tournaments I find it hard to believe that anyone uses diamonds to cheat, that just would be stupid and unnecessary, and even doesn't matter. I've used no diamonds on tournaments, still did all 6x23, and still can't beat higher chapter players.

I am REALLY only competing against 23 provinces unlocked ...against like 30 or more unlocked. But all "equaly timed" players play the "same" tournament and are ranked "equaly". Players know, I would like Inno to say something...

My final suggestion of a fair global rankings tournie would be a system of: CPR/CPU = Chapter Point Reduction/ Chapter Point Upgrade... to each player. I think that would be the easiest solution. :D Any thoughts?

* Even though this might be a good fair idea, you will (Inno) have the problem of how to reduce/ upgrade points already given to the players before lmao :D Up to you just saying :D

notsolved.jpg

m4rt1n

Adept
And players like me cannot compete to the same level, because we have taken all the optional squad size upgrades, so one tourney province can now require more than 9 hour x5 productions to cater, and although mathematically equal, can require a huge amount of troops to be trained.
Last week to get position 24 in the rankings I had to miss entirely the tournament the week before, and even then used everything and could not get higher in the rankings.

LazyTony

Sorcerer
The goods & troops needed for both to win tournie provinces for points in their chapter are equal and fair in battle, mathematically so.
Nuh huh, sorry Notts, this just isn't true. Let me explain why.

Let's look at a player at the start and the end of the elementals chapter. Soggyshorts from the beta and US forums has calculated that 1 single squad size upgrade in the elementals chapter increased his catering and fighting costs by 16%. Elementals has 3 mandatory squad techs. This is compound interest so 1.16 x 1.16 x 1.16 = 1.56. An increase of 56% from the costs before the player started this chapter. Lets see what the player has gained to offset this. There was no barracks or merc camp upgrade. So, the same amount of troops from those 2 buildings have to go 56% further. Not happening. Training grounds got a lot faster, so there is some compensation there. There was 2 city expansion tech, and 4 extra levels for tier 1 factories. These 4 levels provide a production increase of around 33%.

So lets sum up.

Catering - 56% more expensive, tier 1 33% greater, tier 2 tier 3 the same.
Fighting - 56% more enemy troops, same number of barracks and merc camp troops, 50% more training ground troops (the upgrades increase speed from 200 to 300).

As you can see caterers got a 33% boost in one thing they need, no increase in 2 others and 56% more to pay. Fighters got a 50% increase in one source of troops, 2 other sources stayed the same, and number of enemies increased by 56%.

To make good all these extra costs you have 50 extra squares from 2 city expansions :)

Of course this hypothetical player has the extra time to upgrade wonders but they would get that time whether they did the elementals research or not.

Conclusion: For the elementals chapter at least (and I believe similar arguments can be made for halflings and certainly for S + D) a player is severely disadvantaged at tournaments for completing the chapter research.

LazyTony

Sorcerer
To answer your original suggestion, Inno can't even keep the difficulty the same from one chapter to the next, so I don't believe there is any way to compare players at different levels of progress. There would need to be many separate leaderboards for players in each chapter, or for players with similar numbers of squad techs for any fair comparison - no statistical massaging could fairly compare an orcs players with a sorcs and dragons one for example.

Last edited:

DeletedUser5306

I was thinking a bit like you Notts when I started playing tournaments really “seriously”.. I thought that even though I had real skills, the others, the more advanced, had many more advantages because they had yes more provinces to play, a tons of upgraded wonders that could really help and upgraded factories to name a few. The only difference with you is that I never really tried to be 1st, I only tried to do the best with what I had and I still do that tbh.

After a while, now that I am advancing through the chapters, I have to admit I dread upgrading squad size each time cause it is obvious every time I do everything is way harder, catering is much more expensive and fights more costly in troops, even with all my efforts, upgrading factories and wonders... and from what I read the worst is yet to come….

So I agree with LazyTony, I have read so many posts about this subject, so many different opinions, on beta forums, french forums.... mathematical theories...Each side can make legit points… To be honest nothing is fair concerning the tournaments, so many factors can enter and alter the final scores, even for the same chapter players, time zones, some buy diamonds, not only for the tournaments but for premium expansions, have more space to build more factories or have magic workshops helping with producing armies… some have completed all the squad size upgrades others only the mandatory ones…etc.. and I don't think that Inno is ready to address this issue... maybe it would be too much work, maybe also because they want to keep the “competition” at its lowest for this game, which targets mainly relaxed city building players and they don’t want direct conflict of interest in regards to their other game/product FoE from what I read again.

Yes it is unfair you have to be against people who can do more points and play longer than you since they have more unlocked provinces but “been there done that”… it’s a game after all just try to have fun, be patient, you’re doing great already and ya know... nothing is completely fair in this life unfortunately… My 2cents

Cheers!

DeletedUser4149

we all go through the same chapters.
we might go through them at different times, but that makes it about as fair as it'll get w/o a time machine or never updating the game to add new things.
it's an on going game. you shouldn't expect everything to be even for newer players and those that have been working on their cities for a long time.
complete your squad size upgrades at more strategic times.
focus more on wonders and event buildings that'll make tournaments easier for you and less on research, if you're feeling punished for completing research.:cool: