• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Battle give us the first move

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
You can find the units types here it's the 'class' column

No units are obsolete because each enemy has different weaknesses/abilities... and so do your units...
Sword dancers III have +30% against Steinling by example...
Archer II have +20% against bandits and archer

But I must admit I use much less the 2 first units (light melee and short ranged) than the others...

And because english isn't my mother tale either, I also use the auto-correct but it's a french one, it doesn't help a lot here :D

Last edited:

DeletedUser

They are obsolete.
Ah no. Not by half. Your tactics are obsolete.

You have to use your light units to protect your ranged units, by blocking pathways and tying up the defenders in THEIR territory, but the high initiative light units are very valuable when you use them to keep the enemy engaged .... while you pound on them from a distance.

The best defense, in this case, is a good offense.

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
In fact, I think danuta would learn something by reading this and I'm sorry to say that old ones probably can do no more but they have learned from life as young ones can do a lot but do not yet know how...

I think danuta think the surrending has changed because she was previously using those units she call obsolete but that are 12 in initiative so she had the surrendering button active from start... and now that she don't use them anymore, as a side effect, she is always the second to play...

Danuta, we all try to make you understand that nothing has changed in the game, it's just your way to play that changed... Can you just relax and try to imagine for a few seconds that you can have misunderstood something and that we are not all just lyers trying to annoy you ?

DeletedUser

I am sorry.

[Summary]: In battles, the players should always have the first move, or should have the option to surrender immediately after the start of fight before the computer attacks (aka the surrender button should be active at all times).*
*Edited by Zanyah on request of the OP - added the underlined part to the original text.

[Have you checked for similar ideas?]: Yes.

[Details]: No matter the level you city is, the army is not build up easily. So, as the battles become more difficult, the player must have care, not only what troupes sends in battle, but also their place. If you fight with your last discovered troupes (treants, golems, witches) and the game has a mixture of troupes, you can loose a troupe even before you start to fight. The surrender button is useful if you can press it, but I noticed that the button becomes inactive while the game attacks, so you have to take the hit, than wonder if it's worth to continue the fight.

Scenario 1: there is a encounter that you decide you can win. Enemy's army is: 3 dogs (close range) and 4 archers (long range). You decide that is enough to put 2 triants, 3 golemns and click the fight button. Then you find the map has a big block on it, all in front of your army leaving only one exit on right end.

Scenario 2: there is a encounter that you decide you can win. Enemy's army is: 1 dog (close range). You decide that 2 short range troupes and 3 long range are enough and click the fight button. Then you find the map has two blocks on it, both in front of you short range troupes, thus both of them blocked and unable to move.

In both scenarios you are able to win. Would you prefer to:
1. continue fighting
2. have the option to surrender
3. have the first move

[Reasons for Implementing]: A wrong troupe in wrong place can mean much more damage and possibly defeat, ergo more frustrations, not to mention less battles, this being translated as boring square 2.

[Balance]: None.

[Visual Aids]: N/A.

The modifications are in italics underlined. This is my last post in this thread.
Edit: 'troupe' is actually 'troop'

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 13667

danuta67

To always giving first move to player would mean having to change the entire battle system. The current one is based on the initiative.
If tactics or placement of units is done later, the only addition would be to change the sequence when you select to deploy the troops.

What everyone here is trying to say is you have to reconsider your battle strategy. Using heavy range/melee units does not guarantee a win.

Just think can you win a battle against 6 units of canoneers & 2 units of knights using your golems alone? or just sorceress for that matter? Even if the battle is won, the losses would be too great.