• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

New Game Features Gifting Diamonds to other players.

DeletedUser807

Summary: As the title says really. provide a means of gifting our diamonds to fellow players.

Details: I personally don't like using diamonds in the game - it feels to me as if I'm winning by paying. That's just my personal take, I've got no problem with anybody else using diamonds - good for them. They're helping keep the Elvenar crew in beer and hence keep the site going.

I do occasionally donate though (not as much as I'd like, I'm poor, but something). On the one hand I enjoy playing the game, and on the other hand you folks have put the time and effort in - you deserve it.

Now, I have a fellow fellowship member (a shipmate? Argh me 'earties!) who's in the opposite situation, she would like to spend some diamonds, but cannot afford the cash to buy them with. So. Could there be some mechanism whereby I could gift my diamonds to her?

I'm not sure how this might affect the the amount of diamonds sold and hence the cash coming in, I have a vague idea it might increase slightly, but I may be wrong. It could help encourage altruism, which I think gives a game a nice feel to it. I like the whole "helping hand" concept for this reason.

Anyway. That's my idea. I had a look through this forum, I don't think that this has been raised before, if I'm wrong then my apologies.

Also, this is my first post! Hi there everybody!

Deleted User - 50840

Hello Hair :)

A good idea that should increase revenue for INNO. +1 from me.

Very good first post :) May there be many more!

DeletedUser21

I would support this proposal as it seems like a good idea to me and I can see the potential reasons as to why you have suggested it. :)
However, I'm not sure how this would work and if this would increase the workload on the Support Team. o_O

DeletedUser66

A few games from InnoGames have had such features in place but were later removed due to fraud cases. Some of these issues cannot be prevented from the company's side either which is why the features were actually removed.

To give you two examples for this game I can think of:

* A newly registered account has 100 diamonds available which can be transferred. I can create 20 accounts, transfer the full 2000 diamonds to my main account.
* Credit card and Paypal payments can be retracted. I can purchase diamonds on a multi account, transfer the diamonds to my main account and have the payment retracted which I'll get my funds back. The multi account will be banned but who cares, my main account will have the diamonds and be untouched.

Nice idea though, but it has been done before and caused too many headaches for Community Managers and the payment team.

DeletedUser

This can be avoided, partially, by setting up gifts. Lets say the user gets a mail with a gift showing let's say a culture building, and a button to "use gift" to choose when and where to place the building, if desired.

Or just set up a temporary grid...lets say 7x7, where one can build something (when visiting) using diamonds, and the other player has let's say 24h to move that building into it's own space, or it dissapears.

DeletedUser

I think gifting items might cause the same problem. I used to play a game where people could gain premium currency in various ways (referrals, bonus links). So they'd make new accounts and then gift themselves things that would normally cost real money, then sell them in the auction area, etc. Even with the suggestion of building something on a temporary space, people could do the thing suggested by Da Twista. Maybe an innogames gift card would be safe? As in a card for x amount of money which people could use to buy currency on any innogames game by using a code? Though that may cause the same problem.