• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Getting money out of the game

• Thread starter DeletedUser6046
  • Start date

DeletedUser6046

Please read before you laugh. :) This is both a question and an idea.

Does Inno have any plans to allow users craft/win and sell each other stuff for profit? I've been playing the virtual world Second Life for 10+ years and it allows that. The money I can get from it keeps me playing it for more than a decade. The company that owns Second Life profits from it. If Inno allows us to make real money in the game then I believe Elvenar will feel more than addiction and maintain a growing base of long-term players in my opinion.

Deleted User - 1634960

Second Life is not a free-to-play game. When I looked at it shortly after the game started, you could get into the world for free, but to actually do anything with it you had to subscribe.

Elvenar is a Free-to-play game. Not only can you enter the world, you can pursue the game to its (current) conclusion without spending any real money. Implementing any system where people could make money from the game would change its parameters (and probably the laws under which it must operate). ;)

DeletedUser6046

Second Life is not a free-to-play game. When I looked at it shortly after the game started, you could get into the world for free, but to actually do anything with it you had to subscribe.

Elvenar is a Free-to-play game. Not only can you enter the world, you can pursue the game to its (current) conclusion without spending any real money. Implementing any system where people could make money from the game would change its parameters (and probably the laws under which it must operate). ;)

Hi Rilian, I don't mean to argue... just to clarify that you can make money in Second life without much investment, just with your skills as a programmer, or event organiser, or a consultant in some area, for example. I had a working shop for years with 50 euro investment. On the contrary, in Elvenar there is no way to get good ranking if you are not either one of the first players or invest a few hundred euros. And having said that, there is nothing wrong with investing money in a game if you can also make money out of it.

m4rt1n

Adept
Reminds me of the world stock market, there are many apps you can start a career betting, be it stocks and shares, horse racing or football.

I'm very happy Elvenar is not one of those, I play for pleasure and escape, not to make a real world profit. That is for the game builders and graphic designers to make a living.

I would be prepared though to watch a few short adverts for free diamonds like other app games do, by choice, not compulsory. :)