• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

General's Headquarters

Sir Derf

Adept
General's Headquarters
3x3

Activation of this building will automate the refilling of production queues on any connected Barracks, Training Grounds and/or Mercenary Camp for 12 hours. When a troop is completed during the activation time, the newly opened slot will be filled with the same troop just produced, as long as your current inventory can pay for the troop costs.

The point of this building is to more efficiently service overnight productions.

I'm undecided on the activation costs for this building, whether it should be in Supplies, or Gold, or Orcs. I don't think it should be Pet Food (I don't think having an animal in charge of unit production fits the narrative well) and I don't think it should be assessed as a proportional increase in the cost of the produced troops.

Timneh

Artisan
I quite like this idea. How would players get this building ? Would it be a prize in events ?

Sir Derf

Adept
Hadn't thought on it...

You really only need one, so I don't think it makes sense to add it anywhere where you could get it a second time, so not as a Spire chest prize or similar...

Maybe it would be the prize in a special mini-challenge event that focused on fighting? And later, it could be added as a Crafting Recipe like the Chess Set, that would only show up if you don't have one.

Deleted User - 341074

It's interesting, but if the activation costs weren't really high it would completely replace the Shrewdy shrooms, Dwarven bulwark and Armories.
That's a potential savings of 10-15 expansions.

m4rt1n

Adept
Nice idea, but I use extra armories so a full production is over 12 hours for 5 slots.

Gargon667

Mentor
It's interesting, but if the activation costs weren't really high it would completely replace the Shrewdy shrooms, Dwarven bulwark and Armories.
That's a potential savings of 10-15 expansions.

Fully agree with this: REALLY high :D Definitely a scarce resource, not nonsense like gold/supplies. Lets say something like 5 (or more?) armories worth of daily (2x12h) production of Orcs. Otherwise it makes the game completely imbalanced. If you make armories (and the AWs) obsolete, it would be a major change in the game. So while the idea is fun, I don´t see it ever happening, especially since it also needs a lot of programming time (a completely new function).

Sir Derf

Adept
Okay, so make it fit a different niche, then...

Rather than trying to fill the overnight role that can already be accomplished with other buildings, we instead intend it for weekend/holiday operation. And change it from an expensive activation to a single-use 48-hour expiring building.

Gargon667

Mentor
Okay, so make it fit a different niche, then...

Rather than trying to fill the overnight role that can already be accomplished with other buildings, we instead intend it for weekend/holiday operation. And change it from an expensive activation to a single-use 48-hour expiring building.

Good idea :)

Solanix

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
@Sir Derf this game should be playable without fighting as there are many players that prefer catering/negotiating. So quite a number of players would not have any use for such a Headquarter.

Sir Derf

Adept
Or alternately...

This game can be played with fighting, as there are also many players that prefer fighting. So quite a number of players would have a use for such a Headquarters.

Gargon667

Mentor
Or alternately...

This game can be played with fighting, as there are also many players that prefer fighting. So quite a number of players would have a use for such a Headquarters.

Mememememe! You can keep all the goods buildings ;) Then again I haven´t had a troop producing building run dry for a year even without this lol... So I guess I don´t need the building, I just want it anyway.

Gargon667

Mentor
How about the nice ones, Needles of the Tempest :p, or Victory Springs, or Flying Academy!

Those are the ones that would become better with such a building, not worse. Shrooms and Bulwark would suffer