• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion Gathering of the Phoenix Cults

Timneh

Artisan
Maybe the removal of wishing wells and time boosters is because the devs think people are completing chapters too fast when they have loads of them. The high numbers of research goods needed for chapter 15 seems to be in order to make it slower to complete it and portal profits can not be used to do all the research in that chapter either. I don't know if that is the reason, it is just a thought i had. I guess we will never know for sure.

Laurelin

Sorcerer
@AstralSoul : Enough is enough. You have NOT played "empire building games" in the late 1990s which featured microtransactions. They did not exist. Here:

... and as for spending 100 or even 50 of any Euro-equivalent currency on one in-game building, I can only say that even InnoGames must be astonished... and please do bear in mind that they are the largest gaming company in Germany and have earned (wait for it) over ONE BILLION Euros since 2007. I doubt this is unrelated to the fact that they were essentially (51%) bought out around two years ago by the Swedish company Modern Times Group AB - self-described as "a strategic operational and investment holding company in esports and gaming entertainment", or in other words a shareholding corporation, for whom profits will always be the foremost concern.

And back on-topic : This Phoenix Event offering from Elvenar is parsimonious to say the least. I could say what I really think, but then this post would disappear.

Last edited:

DeletedUser9214

They didn't want to devalue those players who paid for their Phoenix Artifacts last year and so this year the team decided to devalue the new event entirely... Sure, that makes sense in a morbid way.

So this is the situation I'm in. I don't have the Fire Phoenix. I only really really got back into the game during the Queen of the Seas event. So I have no Phoenix Artifacts. The three rewarded from the FA, I had foolishly (I admit) put into the Golden Phoenix. (Cause who wouldn't want a golden rubber ducky?) So even if it is just to finish my Golden Phoenix I need the old Artifacts.

The way I see it,
  1. This conversion rate for artifacts in the Academy is..... sad? I can't event summon enough anger; it's just disappointment mostly. In fact it to me is sheer cruelty on their part to even offer the paltry three old Artifacts in the quest-line (Not enough to make it worthwhile but certainly enough to provoke depression...) & and THEN to make the quest-line finite just to pour vinegar into an already salted laceration...
  2. Their intent to shift focus onto the Spire by only offering Time Instants there and the occasional crafting just means that I will have to wait for anything to complete. I cannot even pass the second gateway of the first floor!
    • Hence the dev's decision to nerf/boost Spire rewards does not at all affect me nor entices me to even be enthused about it more. (This is out of topic but related in my situation)
They want to 'respect' their existing customers. I'm fine with that.
But how is this event supposed to attract new customers into spending? Nothing in this event is exciting?! Not only are the Daily Exclusives exclusively just buildings, they are largely recycled from prior events, the new ones look uninspiring, and they also don't provide much value for the space they need.

What is so criminal in rerunning an old event? Not only would it benefit the new players but there are also opportunities for old players to stock up on Instants or more current-Chapter buildings. While I understand there is a need for innovation, but that cannot be an excuse to trade away reliability or consistency. Which in effect summarises my whole outlook for this event: consistently unreliable innovation made just as an excuse to bleed wallets.

MakLoki

Seeker
Hmmm I'm a bit lost. When it says that a magic egg just landed in your city, how do I find it/(where does it 'crash'? I've had three crash land now and cannot find them to save my life.....

AstralSoul

Illusionist
@AstralSoul : Enough is enough. You have NOT played "empire building games" in the late 1990s which featured microtransactions. They did not exist.

Then, why I recall a game that I played in 1999? It was online.

Early 90s there were empire/city games also, but not online, of course, look up SimCity, the first version worked in MS-DOS.

eness

Seeker
Been logged in all day and the event has only just started for me on the second daily prize, great work, INNO
Also, spire not working...WTH?

Hekata

Artisan
Did anyone get the 100 essences gift mail?

Killiak

Artisan
Old indeed, because these complaints were real in the very first empire games already.

I do not see it as bleeding players... imagine no wells, no genies, no diamond prizes, destruction of buildings, the pillage of resources, etc. That is normal... INNO is the company that gifts most premium by far (even for just completing chapters...)

And has immense costs for anything premium.
It's an old trick in the book; you hand people a taste, a little bit of what they could have, and then there are always people who will not be able to be patient and who will buy.

Let me just inform you; describing justified and well argumented criticism as "negativity" does not a strong argument make.

Did it involve microtransactions? If it did not, you missed the point that was being made.

Laurelin

Sorcerer

I have no idea, since there were no microtransactions-based games then at all, other than a few Korean-only games, most of which were MMOs. There were - and are - (wholly) free online browser-based games, of course, but the concept of "Free-to-Play" (but with extra, paid content) was not yet in use outside of Korea.

Early 90s there were empire/city games also, but not online, of course, look up SimCity, the first version worked in MS-DOS.

Although we are (I think?) not allowed to name any games other than Elvenar on these Forums (and perhaps other InnoGames products - maybe unofficially? - I'm not sure), I can at least confirm that I have played DOS-based PC games of many kinds since 1980, not surprisingly including the game you mention and all of its sequels. However, none of them has ever featured "Free-to-Play" (with/without microtransactions) OR player interactions (including building destruction, pillage of resources, etc.), since they are all (a) of the "buy complete game once and own forever" variety, and (b) PC or console-based, offline-only, single-player games, and as such not really comparable with "Free-to-Play" (or any other type of) online multiplayer games such as Elvenar. I'm afraid there's not much else I can discuss on these lines, while staying within Forum rules. Apologies.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Did it involve microtransactions? If it did not, you missed the point that was being made.

Yup, via SMS :D (or bank account.)

Edit;: @Laurelin not sure if we can, but that game won't compete with INNO (if there is even a modern version.) But yeah, lets go back to topic.

Nope. I neither got in x-mas nor Halloween.
EDIT: I got the e-mail.

And talking of phoenixes, starting to cook my fire phoenix :D

on-time.JPG

15 minutes into the event, I check my MA, and found it. I did not even open the chests, were sadly got not essences. I had to do all 40 first quests (glad I prepared myself beforehand) Spent no diamonds, a few boosters, (a scout quest), and got 500 essences once (no more free essences other than city drops.)

I noticed though, they reduced the amount of vapors, I recall it was 49, and it is 20 only. Maybe is the recipe since there are various:

earlier.JPG

Last edited:

Laurelin

Sorcerer
No email yet - and unless the emails are just somewhat late (maybe quite likely, with all that's happening?), it will be my first missing Event email in two years.
ETA : Email now received - so it seems at least one batch has now gone out (c.13:30 GMT/UTC).

Last edited:

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Yup, it just arrived. They must be dispatching e-mails. It takes a while, I know for when I have to send something to my newsletters.