• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

City Game Expansion

DeletedUser622

Instead of extending the land around the city, why not allow players to visit the visiting races through their portals. For example, after having completed the dwarves, players could travel to the dwarf realm and establish another city in that realm bringing elf technology with them. This would provide an enormous potential for expansion without having to scroll the screen plus make the game more interesting with different content.

Pauly7

Magus
There's a rumour that something akin to this idea might be coming with future chapters - i.e. the ability to go to a new area rather than expanding the existing.

FieryArien

Necromancer
I for one do not like this mechanics. I met it in the past in other building game(s) and it has very unpleasant impact: adds on loading time when switching the realms. Once this approach is introduced in the game, the realms just keep on adding. Constant switching gets annoying and lengthy.
Also such a game usually links the realms together by forcing us to use some transfer of resources from one realm in the other (and vice versa). If it’s shared in real time and whole stock is visible from each realm, it is not an issue, but it’s rarely this way.

I very much appreciate there is one city in Elvenar and I don’t have to constantly switch back and forth. (Except when I make the mistake of starting more cities. :rolleyes: But even then at least there is no dependency between them as they are on different worlds.)

If someone has a pleasant experience with this approach in other game, I’d love to hear it. No need to mention the name, just describe how it worked.

Thagdal

Sorcerer
well seeing as this game rips off Forge of empires, im sure we will go to another area one day to build stuff. :rolleyes::p

DeletedUser622

Thanks for the valuable feedback FieryArien. That's certainly something I had not considered nor have I played that type of setup elsewhere. I was thinking along the lines of the separate worlds that currently exist. Visiting races do not enter Elvenar with a pile of resources. They have to start from scratch. I think the same thing would apply for us entering their world. My suggestion was to introduce new content into the game rather than trying to link a whole collection of cities. The link could be the portal much the same as an existing button to another realm. All that would need to be stored with each account is a link that could only be selected if the portal was built. That shouldn't be too difficult to code and wouldn't place a big drain on the servers. Different worlds would have there own monsters and troops they could build with the existing Elvenar troops as mercenaries hired in the mercenary camp.

I think if the map keeps getting larger, we will have similar loading problems anyway. We also have loading problems, well at least I do, when doing daily rounds. I wish they would introduce the app method of neighbourly help for the desktop but that's another issue. Anyway I am pleased other people are thinking along these lines and perhaps they can come up with something that works rather than introduces more problems. All comments appreciated.

DeletedUser

well seeing as this game rips off Forge of empires, im sure we will go to another area one day to build stuff. :rolleyes::p

It doesn't "rip off" Forge Of Empires (they're both InnoGames properties). This is just another city-building game, but set in a Fantasy context, and without PVP.

In FOE, we have a World Map
FOE World Map.jpg
Green I've conquered, Red lands above the clouded lands I'm working on, clouded lands I haven't unlocked yet. Something similar could possibly be adapted for Elvenar...open your World Map, click the land you wish to play in, and go. No need for a physical portal to exist in our cities. Just a button on the player interface with the others we already have.

DeletedUser5976

I think Thagdal meant that the new stuff Inno introduces comes to FoE first ;).

DeletedUser

I think Thagdal meant that the new stuff Inno introduces comes to FoE first ;).

Perhaps, but that doesn't make Elvenar a rip off of Forge of Empires. And some ideas that appear to "come from" FOE are actually proposed by Elvenar players.

At any rate, +1 for @Raistlin's idea.

Thagdal

Sorcerer
@Golddust Odin, i wasnt talking about the world map either, but the ship in your FOE city that you can use to go to the other place where you can build a cultural settlement.

DeletedUser

@Golddust Odin, i wasnt talking about the world map either, but the ship in your FOE city that you can use to go to the other place where you can build a cultural settlement.

I never said you were talking about the World Map. I brought it up in response to @Raistlin's idea. You didn't mention the Settlements ships in your post, and since we now have Space Age Mars, how was I to infer your meaning?

DeletedUser501

i am in lvl 14 of research. one of the items listed is a city expansion 45. i have reached the limit on expansions and it is really unfair that i have to use a lot of resources to complete the research for something i can not use. you say there is no plan to increase the size of the expansions in the game, so why have it ?. i know a few players may need it or can use it, but for most of us it is useless. why not give the option for us to decline it ?