• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Game Development - Considerations and Questions

DeletedUser6357

With the development of the game, more and more thoughts and questions arise in me.
Why does Inno destroy the meaning of one of the most interesting buildings - the ancient wonders?
The first to suffer was the Blooming Trading Guild.
Portal Profit Buildings appeared. Indeed, they give only 5%. But when you win 3-4 such buildings in an event, it turns out that at least half of the required output from the guest race portal you receive. You don't have to produce it. Then, although rarely, PPs with higher values appeared - 10%, 33%. Now we have 50%. We also have a building that already produces 10% PP.
This made the interest in the construction and development of the Blooming Trading Guild zero.
But do something else - you no longer need to develop the production buildings of the guest race. You just need to develop the portal to level 4 and start filling it with the help of PP.
Buildings appeared, such as Ferris Wheel Galore. They made sense of Ennar's embassy. Especially for end-of-chapters players, where scouting is already less than once a day.
I already sold it.
With the absence of new game chapters and the emergence of new buildings from high-income Mana events, the need for Mana becomes zero, making it a useless Maze of the Dark Mater. In my town MDM occupies a large part of the area of mana producing buildings and generates a minimum percentage of total income.
I'm still hesitant to sell it.
Now comes the rival of the long-awaited Time Warp and Simia sapiens - the Autumn Zodiac bears.
With which bears Inno punishes players who have worked hard and spent diamonds that have completed the last chapter and equates them with players from the initial chapters.
With the event, Autumn Zodiac Inno punishes players who have spent diamonds and purchased magical workshops.
In all events, Inno offers award-winning buildings that produce various resources. Currently, the game is overflowing with T3 resources, which in the original form of the game are produced by manufactories. There are too many buildings that provide T3 resources to list. Many players have reduced their manufactures to a small number, and I read that to zero.
Now Inno asks players to complete manufacturing and workshop tasks to the maximum for their development level, in large numbers and long production periods.
How do I accomplish a "5 toolbox" task, having 2 magical and 1 ordinary (fortunately, because in fact it is superfluous to me) workshops?
Yes, building level 1 tasks was not a good thing. But from one extreme - countless level 1 buildings, Inno jumped to the other extreme - solving tasks with maximum building level.
To @Rilian attention:
In March of the Herds event had tasks that were decided by paying for resources. Yes, the quantities were huge. But they were still doable.
Allow players in the last chapters - as an alternative, to solve payment tasks. For the previous event, I had accumulated many provinces scouted. I don't have that reserve now. Tasks such as "Scout 1 Province" and "Complete 2 Provinces", with no alternative, will force me to stop participating in the event and be a disgruntled spectator.
I don't want 3 phoenixes. Or more. Like I have not put 2 buildings Mermaids paradise.
I'm an ordinary person and I want the game to be enjoyable. To be funny.
Not to be labor, labor, labor.
Inno wants to make money. Normally.
Well, make the game interesting.
And not annoying and unpleasant.

Pauly7

Magus
I agree on the majority of your points @Viskyar. For the longest time Inno have been giving such incredible event prizes so as to make most regular buildings redundant. You would think that they would spot a lot of these balance problems just with a bit of prior thought and if not, what is Beta testing for? Apparently not much.

No standard culture buildings are worth building compared to event buildings. In fact pure culture buildings are virtually obsolete. Several of the AWs aren't either. Maze of the Dark Matter was never worth its space. Again, is no one looking at these things and thinking - hold on, this won't work... Or perhaps listening to Beta feedback.

One last point is the imbalance between event prizes and FA prizes. Why have event prizes that are way better than they should ever be, but nothing worth winning in an FA?

Timneh

Artisan
I think that the problem with beta is it is too close to live worlds. Beta is only 2 weeks ahead of live worlds on most things which in my opinion does not give enough time to gather data on how things are working and make changes before going to live. Having said that beta had the spire for about 2 months (or longer ?) before it came to live and it was still a pile of crap.
I think the devs introduce things into the game without actually thinking about what the longer term effects will be on the game and when they screw things up they have to nerf things and anger players, better planning and research might stop that.

DeletedUser1874

The short answer is that they're busy trying to come up with new ways of coercing and/or tricking us into spending money instead of fixing known issue that'd bring them no profits at all. It's as simple as that, facts speak for themselves. However since this is negative feedback, and it's also an ugly truth, it'll probably be branded as "not constructive".

Killiak

Artisan
Marindor wrote on Beta that this choice was also inspired by the feedback that the events are halting city-progression too much.
Of course, that feedback was about the QUANTITY of the events, that we are getting them in such quick succession, and not about filling cities with event-lvl1-buildings.

I can imagine that Inno wants to keep up the quantity of events, because it makes them money. So the Devs thought up a way to keep the event-pressure up, whilst also finding a way to lower space requirement for events, which would sort the issue (or rather; how they perceived it) about city progression. I am sure Sales is still applauding them right now.

However, what has this truly achieved?
- The feedback, or rather user complaint/issues, on the high event-pressure and quantity of events has NOT been eased or adressed
- This really hurts everybody who has adapted their city (production) to the Sets, Event buildings and the Evolving buildings
- This really hurts everybody who have spent money on workshops.
- The coming event (and quests) again completely invalidates the previous statements on scouting and province completion.
- User feedback on the increasing luck-factor of events seems completely ignored. In fact; it's even worse with the current event's quest/key ratio
- FOMO is real

So if @Muf-Muf and @Dizzy Lizzie want to have a discussion on concerns, then by all means. Please adress the previous posts and mine?

C-Nymph

Necromancer
As I agree with all previously said things and am getting tired of having to spell it out to the devs, I'm simply just going to leave this nothing-adding reply because then at least I get a ping if the Elvenar officials find it in their hearts to reply...

Last edited:

Geminatrix

Soothsayer
It is like life sometimes .. I think. To find that some much worked on prize becomes redundant or overtaken by something new. I know that if i was starting the game from new now .. I would look at the top rankers/cities at the end of the tech tree and think that it would take forever and a day to get there and the road too long& hard. So I can see why some game features have sidesteps that can be taken so at least look like its not a mountain to climb.

So it remains as to why our top rankers and game veterans are still here and active when they are assailed by these changes and for me it is the team of friends and the challenge as well as the journey. Which btw I am finished and so .. now quests on scouting or tech research are an Everest that tax my enthusiasm for this game I have spent so much of my time and £ on over the years.

Inno .. please make sure you leave a little magic in the pot and keep the grinch firmly locked up

DeletedUser6357

What's next?
Well, nothing.
And it is already clear to young children that Innogames' strategic efforts are towards new players recruited through advertising. And to the detriment of the old players. It seems old players are no longer spending money on the game.
With the new bears, IG gives players in the first chapter the most technological and achievable after a long time of playing AW -
Simia sapiens and Timewarp.
The game is sophisticated and turns into a bag of chewing gum or a box of laundry powder.
By reducing the amount of tasks with workshops in the last event, IG actually increases the tasks with Scout and 15 VV. In most cases, winning 15 VV is longer than one scout in the final chapters of the game.
Which hits players in chapters 10-13 and hardly any of them will be able to develop at least 1 bear.
By chapter 14, at least, we have the two AW, duplicated by bears - they want neither more space, nor food for pets. They work smoothly and continuously.
I admit to being surprised by the three optional increases SS in the new chapter. Like all three new free expansions.