• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

FS stronghold

alsael

Enchanter
Every FS should have it's own stronghold.It will be a building which will cost significant rss to be build,but every fs member can contribute to it's building process(like a completion of an FA badge).Once it is build,it will yield rewards every 48h for every fs member.It can have levels,like a wonder,and it can give different rewards for every level completed :)
It can also have it's own research tech tree there(cost a lot more kp than usual of course).Every stronghold special tech can add to existing features,like +0.25% additional troops in training,or other features like that.

Last edited:

Julian

Sorcerer
I like this idea. I would suggest that the building decays over time, so has to be maintained. This needs to benefit active fellowships.

DeletedUser5093

I really like this idea. It can be something similar to the spire, in that it sits outside of your city, and you click on it to either go to a fellowship-only area or bring up a window that allows you to interact with its various features, collect productions, upgrade it, do research, etc. Maybe there can be a daily quest here? There are lots of good possibilities. Maybe a mini wishing well, where you can click on it once a day to get a small random prize.

All these options would be fellowship-themed, or in some way offer collective benefits to the fellowship. For example, quests would be tasks like 'give KP to someone else's wonder' or 'give NH x amount of times'.

Research could be things like 'provide x% boost to all fellows goods production', or for things like reducing tournament times, reducing spire gate times, spire costs, etc, i.e. all things that fellowships participate in collectively. And the research tree could be structured so things are largely independent, e.g the only prerequisite for 'tournament time reduction Level 2' would be 'tournament time reduction Level 1' so fellowships could choose to focus on just some research streams rather than all of them if they wanted. This would mean a tournament focused fellowship could prioritise tournament related research and largely ignore the rest, while a spire focused fellowships could likewise prioritise spire related research, while still other fellowships could go for a more 'all-rounder' approach, and so on.

Just some ideas.

Timneh

Artisan
There was talk almost 2 years ago of a community building being introduced, there were even polls opened for players to choose the size, funtion and look of the building. It was supposed to be introduced towards the back end of 2018 but i don't think it was ever introduced. The drawback of that building was that it was only going to be available through forum and social media competitions.
I much prefer the idea mentioned above as it would be more useful than Elvenar teams building and be available to all players (that are in a FS).
+1 from me.

DeletedUser5093

There was talk almost 2 years ago of a community building being introduced, there were even polls opened for players to choose the size, funtion and look of the building. It was supposed to be introduced towards the back end of 2018 but i don't think it was ever introduced. The drawback of that building was that it was only going to be available through forum and social media competitions.
Are you thinking of the Gravity Inn? It's a small population/culture building that was designed through community consultation and could only be won through social media contests. It did end up happening, and some were given out, but it's pretty rare and I don't think I've seen any contests offering it for a while. It's not overly different to a lot of event buildings, just better stats.

Pauly7

Magus
I think that's a great idea... Preferably something quite small like a 2x2 so everyone can build it and it will give great advantage to joining an active fellowship.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
I'm a little torn - on one hand this would be a great opportunity for the fellowships to promote solidarity and develop an identity - on the other hand I see the danger of the top fellowships might establish an elite and prevent new ones to ever reach a top ranking. Very delicate balancing, IMHO.

I think that building must not take space in the city, because it should belong to the FS, not the player. What would happen to such a building upon leaving? However, it could be a representation in the outskirts, like the Spire or the wonder depictions at the cliffs.

The OP mentioned KPs to evolve the building. I do not like this. Very few players have all their wonders at maximum level. The rest will have to decide whether to develop their city or the FS building. For me, this contradicts the spirit of Elvenar - what benefits my city should benefit my FS, and vice versa.

But in general, I'd like to have such a building.