• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Frustration at lack of Fellowship Adventure

SpaceCowboy

Soothsayer
Now I know a lot of people, myself included, don't really like FAs due to the tedious gameplay. In that sense, I'm actually happy that this one isn't happening.

I also know others have raised this complaint in various places, but I'd still like to explain why I find it frustrating, and didn't want to hijack another thread. This Forum is, among other things, for players giving their feedback to Inno, so that's what I'm doing here.

I still need another artifact to evolve my Boblin's Express Service to level 10. The reason I'm lacking one artifact is not that I couldn't get - I chose not to. In events, I try to optimize my gameplay for maximum rewards. Having excess artifacts lying around when I could have spent that currency on something else is not optimal. And since we've had FAs after events regularly for a while now, I based my event strategy on the assumption that I'd be able to get 2 additional artifacts later. That means, I shuffled a lot more than I would have otherwise.

So, the frustrating part is that not knowing whether an FA is coming or not, I can't actually play optimally - I have to play it safe. And that's just not fun.

P.S.: I'm aware that I'll likely be able to get another artifact at some point, either from the Spire, or from a tome in the next Winter event, but by that time I'll have lost a ton of MM spells that a level 10 BES would have given me - again not optimal.

As someone in the same position regarding BES I share your frustration. I too was hoping for an FA to pick up the single necessary artifact to get this to Level 10 and those highly prized MM spells.

I know that another FA will be along, probably after the next event but will I be able to get the artifact I want.

Pauly7

Magus
I would suggest that the aim should be to complete the building during the event. That, I believe is (or should be) the developers' intention. Extra artefacts in the FA just serve as an added bonus for anyone who maybe didn't complete the event, or someone who got really unlucky.

Personally I would like them to stop putting artefacts in the FA as chest prizes. It is generally a really poor reward. They give us more artefacts for sub-par evolving buildings. Then they spend 6 weeks throwing more of those artefacts at us in the Spire. They are everywhere and I don't want many of them.

BonnyGwen

Spellcaster
I think the frustration is the inability to get just one (or two) more artifacts quickly and since FA is where that happens, the FA not happening as it usually does is upsetting some applecart's.
If there were another way to do it, I'd be thrilled.
Eventually artifacts might make it into the spire rotation.
While FA has improved over older versions it's still way too clicky and stopping what you're doing to collect badges is something that is so irritating.
It's a game feature that has you tripping over yourself just to try to play it.
Automatic badge collection would go a long way to improving FA.
You're still doing everything to meet the badge requirement - if the system can tick a checkmark green it can just give me the badge already.
Either that or they could redesign the heck out of it so FA is no longer recognizable.
If there were another way to pick up a few more artifacts, I'd be glad to never see another FA ever again.
It's just one of those things you either love love love or hate hate hate.

foolfighter

Alchemist
If one of your members had a Beta city they could have told you that another event was being lined up to play next while the event just finished was still playing on the live servers, and that there wasn't a FA coming. I expect we'll get an FA after this next event. This coming event, for the first time for ages, has a Set as the main prize, and not yet another evolving building. Perhaps that's why artifacts are not available in this event.

Piglets For All

Soothsayer
One of the things I've learnt with Inno is that just because its been done before doesn't mean that it will be done again.

Having additional artifacts in the FA didn't always happen but has only been for the last year (or two, or three?), before that we had other low level prizes not worthy of the endless clicking. I wonder if Inno realised they could get more money out of people by not putting previous event artifacts into the FA but instead "encouraging" people to buy them while the event was running.

As one who did use diamonds on the event because I wanted the avatar, I'm more than happy not to have the normal click-fest happening this time around.

Pauly7

Magus
It would be unusual for two months in a row to be missed, but I don't think there's any guarantee that we will have an FA coming up after the next event. I hold out hope for the possibility that the reason it's gone quiet on the FA front is that they're finally redesigning the system and taking on board what we've all been saying for the past year or two about wanting automatic badge collecting, etc. If that's the case then maybe it would take more time to develop.

It's probably not the case and in 4 weeks time the exact same old FA will probably start and will offer artefacts from the Christmas event that some people have been wanting. However, I'm choosing to hope for better.

Jackluyt

Shaman
It is not necessary to have an FA to provide missing Artifacts - they can now be given away as prizes in the following event as Sorceries / RSK / Tomes. For some odd reason the designers did not opt to give us a suitable Tome in the event currently running in Beta...

Turing

Bard
I wonder if Inno realised they could get more money out of people by not putting previous event artifacts into the FA but instead "encouraging" people to buy them while the event was running.

Except... they didn't "encourage" people to buy during the event. They gave no hint there would be no FA and no extra artifacts, so most people didn't use any diamonds to get the last artifact in the belief there were likely to be 2 free artifacts along shortly and it would be a waste of diamonds.

Which comes back to OP's point which I quite agree with - it's the lack of information that's the real problem. I finished the evolving building on one city and not on the other. If I'd known there was no FA I'd certainly have considered if it was worth diamonds on the other city. As it happens I hardly shuffled at all, but I might have done - there was no way of knowing shuffling was a bad idea in this specific event.

The current situation is the worst of all worlds: X is available for sale, but there's a general expectation there'll be freebies along in a few weeks. So no-one buys X. Then free X doesn't appear. So you have no sales and frustrated players who wanted X but didn't get it.

Pauly7

Magus
As I mentioned above, if there is an FA after this one it will give out artefacts for the Christmas building, so it's doubtful that anyone loses out, even if they had some strategy.

Gargon667

Mentor
what @Pauly7 said until we get any evidence saying otherwise, there will be an FA after the current event and it will contain the artifacts for last event. As usual when there are two back to back events, we always get a set in one of the two events which does not need artifacts in the following event.
This has happened more than once before and is so far completely unexceptional.

SpaceCowboy

Soothsayer
I just wanted to take the opportunity to get back to this, now that I finally got my BES level 10. I appreciate that Inno took the time to improve the FA, and still gave us the chance to fully evolve this building.