• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Freedom of Play Style

Do you feel that you are able to play without restriction in your own play style?

• Total voters

DeletedUser1683

No, I can honestly say I did not consider that they may like the game. Why would I when we have numerous threads all whinging and complaining about the same things over and over?

That's because you came to the thread with a fixed agenda and no intention of taking in the debate and potentially contributing to it.

Otherwise you have ONE choice, rather than a choice at every turn.

SO THAT you will HAVE the infrastructure, and will therefore be able to CHOOSE, encounter by encounter, whether to Negotiate, Cater, or Fight based on your tactical situation AT THAT MOMENT.

Would you prefer to have ONE choice, or HUNDREDS of choices??

Hundreds is fine by me as long as one of them is removing the MA. Please tell me if you can't understand this, I will try and make it simpler for you?

Edited: Zanyah - 2016-05-26 - Removed an insulting sentence.
Edited: Zanyah - 2016-05-26 - Merged 2 consecutive posts.

PLEASE NOTE Forum RULE # 5. Posting Protocol
- Avoid multiple posts! You have access to both the 'edit' and the 'multi-quote' buttons, use them.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser186

That's because you came to the thread with a fixed agenda and no intention of taking in the debate and potentially contributing to it.

Edited: Zanyah - 2016-05-26 - Removed an insulting sentence.
Edited: Zanyah - 2016-05-26 - Merged 2 consecutive posts.

PLEASE NOTE Forum RULE # 5. Posting Protocol
- Avoid multiple posts! You have access to both the 'edit' and the 'multi-quote' buttons, use them.
There is no "debate" Penjara. Never has been. There are only skewed polls, mud slinging and thinly veiled snide remarks. If ever you do want to fully debate issues, I am sure there are lots that would contribute. However, debating means listening to, and evaluating, the information put forward, as well as being able to put your point forward in a rational and logical way. Debating means playing the ball, not the man.

DeletedUser

Where in my question did I mention Inno or feedback? I asked why are you still playing if the game is not to your liking

You are obviously dissatisfied with people posting negative feedback or asking for changes, since people doing so leads you to ask why they still play; the implication being they should stop playing. Since Inno specifically asks for feedback, I don't see any reason for people to refrain from voicing opinions, be they negative or positive, nor do I see any point in people telling one another not to state their opinions or to to suggest they quit when they are unhappy with the path the game seems to be moving along. But don't worry, even the most hardcore complainers will leave if the game carries on moving in a direction they dislike. :p

Returning to the subject of the thread, games are generally much more interesting if they cater to different audiences with different play styles. However, it's also going to be more difficult to create games like that. Maybe inno decided to limit the playstyle after all and concentrate on the options of paying or not paying, where the non paying version becomes increasingly undesirable as one advances ;)

DeletedUser186

You are obviously dissatisfied with people posting negative feedback or asking for changes, since people doing so leads you to ask why they still play; the implication being they should stop playing. Since Inno specifically asks for feedback, I don't see any reason for people to refrain from voicing opinions, be they negative or positive, nor do I see any point in people telling one another not to state their opinions or to to suggest they quit when they are unhappy with the path the game seems to be moving along. But don't worry, even the most hardcore complainers will leave if the game carries on moving in a direction they dislike. :p

Returning to the subject of the thread, games are generally much more interesting if they cater to different audiences with different play styles. However, it's also going to be more difficult to create games like that. Maybe inno decided to limit the playstyle after all and concentrate on the options of paying or not paying, where the non paying version becomes increasingly undesirable as one advances ;)

You are making so many assumptions there Slotharingia, it was actually a sincere question. I was actually interested in the reasons players kept playing when there was so much about the game that did not satisfy. I have never suggested people stop playing, or not voice an opinion. You are reading far too much into what was asked.

As to your second point - I agree. No game satisfies everyone and never will. Inno have every right to make a living out of their work and if they find ways to lure gamers into paying cash I have no problem with that.

Deleted User - 106219

You are making so many assumptions there Slotharingia, it was actually a sincere question. I was actually interested in the reasons players kept playing when there was so much about the game that did not satisfy.
Really? Because that's not the impression I got from your initial posts:
Why are you spending time playing a game that you are obviously so unhappy with?
Where in my question did I mention Inno or feedback? I asked why are you still playing if the game is not to your liking
No, I can honestly say I did not consider that they may like the game. Why would I when we have numerous threads all whinging and complaining about the same things over and over?
To me those posts came off as rather hostile towards people who critisize the game. And then there's this post:
I have not voted on the poll Penjara - so the vote is not mine. I am not sure what you mean by "playing style" anyway. Happy to hear your definition :)
If you were not sure what is meant by "playing style", why didn't you just ASK? Instead you started by asking why people are playing a game they don't like, with the implication that if they don't like it they should stop playing.

There can be many reasons for people playing a game they don't like:
- maybe they dislike only parts of the game and like the rest
- maybe they made friends here and don't want to leave them just yet
- maybe they don't want to lose the time and effort they invested in the game
- maybe it's all of the above, or something else entirely...

In any case the reasons people despite not liking parts of the game have no direct connection with the thread (playing styles), so instead of continuing with the offtopic why don;t you make a separate thread and ask (nicely) for the reasons?

DeletedUser186

Shadowblack - as I explained in my previous post - the initial question was a genuine one. If you were in any doubt about that, why didn't you just ask? The question was off topic I agree- but still a valid question.

To me those posts came off as rather hostile towards people who critisize the game.
No, not exactly - Any annoyance on my part is with the bolded sections. Criticise all you like, but do we need 20 odd threads to do so?

And then there's this post:
I have not voted on the poll Penjara - so the vote is not mine. I am not sure what you mean by "playing style" anyway. Happy to hear your definition :)

If you were not sure what is meant by "playing style", why didn't you just ASK?
What is this if not asking?

Anyway - I'm over the backlash. Goodnight to all and enjoy your game.

DeletedUser114

I voted no, as I am always having to research military techs, and I don't want to do military...I like plodding on negotiating my way through the game
( i know this is expensive and slow ) but it's how I like playing.

Being forced to build troops and research things to do with the military is very annoying.

Uni.

Deleted User - 106219

Shadowblack - as I explained in my previous post - the initial question was a genuine one. If you were in any doubt about that, why didn't you just ask? The question was off topic I agree- but still a valid question.
There was nothing in your initial posts to make me think that it was a genuine question, so there was no reason to ask about it.

No, not exactly - Any annoyance on my part is with the bolded sections. Criticise all you like, but do we need 20 odd threads to do so?
We probably don't need multiple threads about the same thing, but:
- when people are frustrated about something and looking for a way to vent their frustrations, looking for an existing thread is not one of their priorities
- when there are multiple threads about the same issues it's usually an indication that something is wrong and needs fixing
Both of the above are based on my experiences in other forums, but it seems to be the same here.

What is this if not asking?
Let's see:
- first post - you did not ask what is meant by "playing style"
- second post - again you did not ask
- third post - again you did not ask
- fourth post - you finally ask what is meant by "playing style"
What I'm saying is, you should have asked in your very first post, not make three posts about a different question and then ask what "playing style" means. What you did is a great way to make it seem like you're posting here just to argue with people (which is exactly what I thought initially, until you said that "it was actually a sincere question").

DeletedUser1295

Hey all,
Before I start to feel inclined to remove some posts for being off topic... (which I really do not want to do):
please let us all read back all the posts.

Most were in reaction to a previous post.
Now we may argue whether Gini should have raised her question earlier, still Gini explained that it was an honest question and that no sarcasm or other second motives were meant in her posts. ;)

Soooooo: can we get back on topic please ?

DeletedUser415

Sorry I'm off topic, but couldn't resist.
Ohh the drama.
I would like to talk to INNO and start a soap opera.
Maybe call it "As the Elvenar World Turns".
:)

Deleted User - 13667

I was thinking along the lines of "Days of Elvenar" :pROFL *couldn't resist*

Consider this for freedom of gameplay: you still get to ignore these quests instead of you are stuck there till you obey.

Freedom of choice is still there. Just that you do not get to see more of those repeating quests

DeletedUser227

There is very little freedom of choice if you want to get a high ranking. Right now, military cities are FAR superior to economic cities. Tournaments destroyed the balance between the two. I would prefer to keep my city focused entirely on economy, but if I want to remain competitive I need to switch over to a military city.

Short answer: No, I do not feel I can play the game in my own style without restriction. If I want to focus on economy, I will lose ranking.