• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Freedom of Play Style

Do you feel that you are able to play without restriction in your own play style?

• Total voters

DeletedUser1683

Following the recent introduction of the Magic Academy, which for many was the last straw, I feel it would be beneficial to find out how everyone feels about the promise made by Innogames in the Elvenar introductory videos.

In the videos Innogames promise that we can play this game the way we want to play it. They even give an example saying that Humans are better at fighting and Elves at manufacturing - though this is clearly not the case.

• We are forced to build Barracks, Trader, Armouries, Magic Academy and although some of the buildings can be removed later there are either manatory quests or we are forced to place these buildings.
  • The research tree foreces us to spend KP's in production we are not even interested in, ie all the non-boosted products.
  • The research tree forces us to spend KP's in military research.
These are just some of the examples that I feel show that Innogames is more about selling gems than allowing players to have fun with their chosen style of play.

Given all of the above facts, do you feel that you are able to play without restriction in your own play style?

DeletedUser

You forgot the mention the research tree forces us to not be able to spend kp's in bottlenecks, or use them for AW's even if we do not build AW's. And also, a lot of the KP we get from people upgrading aw's end up being lost to the KP cap at 10. Say you are offline for 10 hrs, and when your kp bar is at 5, you get 5 kp from an AW, you will get the same kp when logging on as you would had the other person not upgraded the AW you donated to. KP from AW should be added independently of the timer kp bar.

And then there's the issue with ppl being at considerable disadvantages depending upon their neighbourhoods, which also influences playstyle significantly.

DeletedUser186

Where in my question did I mention Inno or feedback? I asked why are you still playing if the game is not to your liking

DeletedUser186

did you ever think that maybe it's the other way around?they DO like it and that's why they stay but there are things that are bothering them?they would have left if they didn't like it
No, I can honestly say I did not consider that they may like the game. Why would I when we have numerous threads all whinging and complaining about the same things over and over?

DeletedUser1739

i love this game but there are things about it that I don't like.guess those things would bother me even more if I would have invested cash in the game.maybe that's why some are more vocal and it's their right to be as long as they paid and the product ain't working?

maybe this will be a stupid example but here it goes....

what about a player spending diamonds in order to unlock mercenary camp and drone rider in the tech tree and then has to wait months in order to use them?

Edited: Aider - 2016-5-23 - Multiple Posts (Merged)

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 106219

No, I can honestly say I did not consider that they may like the game. Why would I when we have numerous threads all whinging and complaining about the same things over and over?
Not to be rude, but... could you PLEASE not change the topic? Liking or disliking the game has nothing to do with the thread's poll.

Personally, I really hate the requirement to complete X provinces to open the next chapter. I find it unnecessary and restrictive, as it forces me to play a certain way. That doesn't mean I like (or dislike) the rest of the game.

Also if there are "numerous threads all whinging and complaining about the same things over and over", then maybe there's a problem with those same things?

DeletedUser

The wiki is actually VERY explicit. The game is INTENTIONALLY multidimensional. See https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Battle
Elvenar is a peaceful world! However to enforce that peace you may sometimes want to fight your way through. As it has been noted, to collect the Relics you need to improve the development of your city, you will have to scout Provinces where you will get acquainted with the tribes that possess them.

At this point, you will be given the choice to negotiate the Relics with the Province merchant or fight the units in the Province to get them.

If you don't want any structure, then go buy an Etch-A-Sketch.

DeletedUser1683

Why are you spending time playing a game that you are obviously so unhappy with?

The main (only?) reason many people are still playing is because they enjoy their Fellowships.

There is a lot of potential in the game, especially if Innogames decide to deliver what they promised in their videos.

Because so far we have been ignored.

The wiki is actually VERY explicit. The game is INTENTIONALLY multidimensional. See https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Battle

If you don't want any structure, then go buy an Etch-A-Sketch.

Please tell me how your post is helping this thread? I have clearly missed it. I felt it was rude.

Edited: Aider - 2016-5-23 - Multiple Posts (Merged)

DeletedUser

<cut>
"...At this point, you will be given the choice to negotiate the Relics with the Province merchant or fight the units in the Province to get them."
</cut>
The key word in that bold sentence is CHOICE. If both the trader and the barracks are mandatory, there is no choice.

DeletedUser1683

I gather you are very busy on all of the Inno forums, for each of the international regions. From posts I found on the US server as well as here, it seems you are intent on arguing for the sake of arguing.

However, I will give you this last chance to explain your case.

Why do you not feel that it is right to allow other players to remove the MA? How will this effect you in any way at all? Why are you so intent on worsening the gaming experience for any player, let alone the majority?

Where in my question did I mention Inno or feedback? I asked why are you still playing if the game is not to your liking

Gini, I am wondering if you are the 1 vote against? You clearly feel you are able to excecise your own play style.

I think we could all learn from this. Would you mind telling us what it is, please?

Edited: Zanyah - 2016-05-26 - Merged 2 consecutive posts.

DeletedUser186

I have not voted on the poll Penjara - so the vote is not mine. I am not sure what you mean by "playing style" anyway. Happy to hear your definition :)

DeletedUser1683

I have not voted on the poll Penjara - so the vote is not mine. I am not sure what you mean by "playing style" anyway. Happy to hear your definition :)

If you don't know what "play style" means, why on earth are you posting on this thread? How do you expect to contribute to a subject you openly admit you know nothing about?

Listen to the Inno intro videos, you'll learn all about how it was supposed to be. Look out for the words "play" and "style", they will be close together.

Unbelieveable!

DeletedUser186

If you cannot answer a simple question that was nicely asked don't invite me into your discussion in the first place. Your opening post contradicts the "play style" definition Inno talks about so I simply asked for YOUR interpretation of "play style" to ensure it matched mine. . If you cannot answer - just say so!

As for "play style", unless you are here 24/7 with nothing better to do then I would suggest you have more than one "play style". I have many (the rainy Sunday afternoon play style where I want to, and have time to, interact with the game full on. Or the "I'm busy" play style where I want the game to not progress too quickly and just wait in the background).

As an aside - it is always good practice when designing a poll to include all defining information - not just assume people have watched the same videos as you have. Perhaps consider something like "Based on Inno's video (add link and time to the definition you are addressing, or add the definition to your question) do you believe your playing style is being catered for"

Edited: Zanyah - 2016-05-26 - inappropriate sentence.

DeletedUser

Penjara:
That wasn't called for. If you want people to take what you say seriously then don't resort to insults or provocative statements.

As for the question:
The landing page for the game has the text "You can either become a skilled and well-known trader, refine your producing art or lead your troops to victory in 3D-animated battles, the decision is up to you." Yet the trader and barracks are both mandatory buildings, unable to be removed.

Let me be clear that I do not mind that the quests to place them are mandatory. But once you have them and have tried the different styles, it should be (as stated) up to you to decide whether you want to play with them.

All buildings should be removable. Otherwise you have no choice.

DeletedUser

Otherwise you have no choice.
Otherwise you have ONE choice, rather than a choice at every turn.
Elvenar is a peaceful world! However to enforce that peace you may sometimes want to fight your way through. .....
At this point, you will be given the choice to negotiate the Relics with the Province merchant or fight the units in the Province to get them.
- https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Battle
Yet the trader and barracks are both mandatory buildings
SO THAT you will HAVE the infrastructure, and will therefore be able to CHOOSE, encounter by encounter, whether to Negotiate, Cater, or Fight based on your tactical situation AT THAT MOMENT.

Would you prefer to have ONE choice, or HUNDREDS of choices??

DeletedUser

Katwijk:
You do not understand the concept of it, I think. If you do not want to play by battling enemies to get new provinces, why should you HAVE to keep the barracks, and therefore waste a heap of valuable space in your city?

If you CHOOSE to keep all of the infrastructure to be able to decide on a play-by-play basis how you would like to expand your provinces (as I do) then more power to you. But by not being able to remove any one of the buildings, then you are forced to either make use of the buildings or have a useless city block taken up by a pretty brick.

This isn't about my own personally preferred play style. This is about the option of choice, and being able to play the way you want to, a fact Inno champions, but being forced into dealing with something you don't want.

DeletedUser1775

I don't have a single armory and my barrack has been sitting the doing nothing for almost 3 months now. I can not even spare the supplies to build an army, my goods production drained them completely

I finished 8 provinces last silks tournament and came 25th, just with cater.

I would love to be able to delete my barrack, i would build a few more culture buildings but i don't think it'll ever happen