• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

FP share

• Thread starter DeletedUser7901
  • Start date

Deleted User - 341074

I don't understand this. They are no maintenance for anyone.
with 6 swap threads used all the time
Having to open and use 6 separate swap threads vs dumping all KP into a single target = more work/admin/maintenance whatever you want to call it.
Most of our AWs levelled finish up with at least 6 or 7 of us donating over 50KP. I've never really understood the "sniping" complaint
Saying that KP threads are prone to sniping just means I got a good laugh today. Thanks.
Having a half-dozen players each donating 50 means no sniping, that's why you don't have a problem. In another FS you could easily have most of the swap done by 2 or 3 players leaving some of the smaller chests open for profitable sniping.

Deleted User - 1759805

In another FS you could easily have most of the swap done by 2 or 3 players leaving some of the smaller chests open for profitable sniping.
Our FS does countersniping. We look for snipers, find them and then make sure that they're kicked out of the chests. In the process we also scoop up all the smaller chests.

It's fun ;)

DeletedUser5976

I think with 6 swap threads used all the time we've had maybe three or so errors in about the last 6 months. It's a negligible loss or gain for anyone.
And those kinds of mistakes can be fixed.

m4rt1n

Adept
And those kinds of mistakes can be fixed.

Yes, very easily, we run with 4 KP swaps and if an error occurs a little PM and the difference is always sorted out, but saying that we get on average less than one error a month. :)

We don't have a 30KP swap running as those are rarer and just use swap agreements in chat and 3KP's and 7KP's we just absorb into the others, adding 2 or more together or adding a little KP from the bar.

Deleted User - 341074

Yes, very easily, we run with 4 KP swaps
I think my biggest issue with KP swaps would be waiting for swappers when my bar is full. On day 2 of the tournament, I clear 1-30, sometimes 1-40 which is over 100 KP.
If no one is online to set up a special swap, then what?

m4rt1n

Adept
I think my biggest issue with KP swaps would be waiting for swappers when my bar is full. On day 2 of the tournament, I clear 1-30, sometimes 1-40 which is over 100 KP.

Carry on and if no one is online then it is no hardship to pump one of you own aw's. I still find it is the best for multiple time zone fellowships. :)

Also if available pump the tech tree with kp.

Also I keep in mind to buy 3-4 kp a day and sometimes use them to fill a swap placed using excess coins. if I don't have all the kp required.
That system is how we stick to just the 4 basic, 5,10,15 and 20. The 3kp earned, I buy 2 using gold to make 5 for an example.. Not buying is a waste in my opinion and now 1kp costs me 1.4 million but my MH capacity is 38 million.
No one in my fellowship loses and we all gain daily. ;)

As for the special swap the 30kp doesn't go anywhere, it remains in the inventory indefinitely, and advice is when it is quiet in the middle of the night for most, a member from the other side of the world post on the 10kp and 20kp if both by the same player, or any combination, 15,10,5 etc then use it. :D

Last edited:

LazyTony

Sorcerer
I run into this problem every round 2 and 5 of every tourney. I just ask my fellows to answer some of the threads so I can keep going, and 9/10 someone is able to. We also run more swap threads than most, 30, 20, 15, 2 x 10, 2 x 5 and 3, allowing 98 KP for a full set. Use an IM spell and I get by :)

I also do a fair amount of manual fighting if time allows, which means the KP doesn't all come at once.

Last edited:

Pauly7

Magus
I think all of our swap threads amount to a total of about 90KP so as long as others are being active with their swapping that accounts for the majority of needs.

There are always occasions where I just have to donate to my own AW if others aren't keeping up, but so be it. I guess that would also be a time when you could ask a fellow for a personal swap.

DeletedUser5093

When we first started a swap thread in my fellowship there were occasionally some issues with errors. Someone would go to give KP to the most recently posted wonder, but without their knowledge someone else is already doing that, then they both try to post their own wonder, and as a result one of them would miss out on receiving KP from the next person.

There was a simple fix though. Essentially you just make your post on the thread before visiting the wonder, that way there's no time delay and you don't accidentally get two people doing the same wonder. There have been no problems since.

Deleted User - 1759805

There was a simple fix though. Essentially you just make your post on the thread before visiting the wonder, that way there's no time delay and you don't accidentally get two people doing the same wonder. There have been no problems since.
Yep, we do exactly the same thing. We've only had one mistake in the last 6 months or so - with a new member.