• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Forum update

m4rt1n

Adept
I can only assume it is a new forum provider or software and things like emojis, fonts etc have to be coded back into the new software, which takes time.

Also apologies to anyone I offended with my ranting posts earlier, wasn't thinking straight in the middle of the night. :D

FieryArien

Necromancer
(Post written based on what I saw on beta.)
I’m looking forward to the “What’s New” link at the top. It means I open the page, do one tap and get the new posts. No more scrolling, no more mistakenly tapping on new profile posts.

As for the fonts. On iPad it looks ok-ish, however I’d say it’s almost on the “too small” borderline. I’d welcome a bigger font, especially in the quotes.

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
We've completed the forum update now, and are very happy to hear your feedback. Of course, also many thanks to those of you who'd already checked it out on Beta and provided feedback either here, or on the Beta forums.

Just a few short comments in response to some of the posts made in this thread, to hopefully give some insights on why we're updating the forums, and why now.

Don't fix what isn't broken...?

There are enough things broken in the game, please spend time on those issues instead of messing with something that is working just fine.
We're aware that there's plenty of stuff that requires time to be spent on it in the game. However, updating the forums is equally important if we want to be able to keep hosting these forums (and we do want that - otherwise communicating with you all would become a lot more difficult). By the end of the year, we would have had major issues with that, had we not updated the forums before that. This is mainly due to security reasons as the forum software version we were using up until now would not have been supported by its developer anymore after that. That said, maybe it'll give you some peace of mind to know that the developers working on the game are not the same people who worked on creating the new forum designs (and all other things that were required to make the update happen). Both things can, do, and did happen in parallel. ;)

So I have a couple of points. Beta's post is by @Muf-Muf not Marindor; makes a player wonder why everyone is vanishing and also who is replacing them!
It was indeed made by me, as the forum update for Beta happened relatively short-notice, as the timeslot became available at a time that our Beta CM (Marindor) wasn't available himself. To make things easier for everyone involved, and to give the Beta community the heads-up it deserves, I just posted the announcement on Beta this time. And, no worries about who's going where - Marindor is still Beta's CM. I just happened to be the Beta CM before him, so posting the announcement was easy for me to do. :)

They are taking away our ultra cool emojis and replacing them with generic ones:confused::eek::oops:
The ones we had before were also generic ones - sadly we've never had Elvenar-themed emojis in the forums. At least not the for the "basic" ones. Maybe something to look into some day. Suggestions, anyone? :)

DeletedUser1874

As for the fonts. On iPad it looks ok-ish, however I’d say it’s almost on the “too small” borderline. I’d welcome a bigger font, especially in the quotes.
This. Especially for the visually impaired, this is a rather big issue, and even zooming in with the browser makes it look "weirdly slim", pardon the language barrier. A way to change the fonts (and perhaps the skin) would be very welcome.

m4rt1n

Adept
Having now used the forum rather than a quick look, I have to agree the font is too small for me to read easily and l would much prefer the font in the quotes to be the same size as the regular font.
I would assume it's an easy change to make in the control panel, but have not used this particular forum software personally.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
The font size generally is an issue, but the quotes are next to unreadable on PC. Much worse than before. (I know that I could have chosen a better font - like this for example - but I do not feel responsible for that).

The "What's new" button is nice, especially on PC.

The avatars that relied on a square layout are crippled now - I'm sure that Bastet will haunt you for all those cut-off cat ears :-b

It's a matter of taste, but for me the new smilies are among the ugliest I ever saw. My personal favorite being this one :eek: (scream? ghost?)

DeletedUser8409

When looking at a forum the button next to a thread title to jump to the first new post no longer seems to be there. Threads with new posts are still in bold, but I don't see a way from the forum thread list of jumping to the first new post on a thread.

OldHag

Necromancer
We've completed the forum update now, and are very happy to hear your feedback.

I normally enjoy reading the forums, but this is just too painful. I can't read anything. I hope this changes soon. tks.

Pauly7

Magus
I don't have a problem with the forum update, for what that's worth. The fonts, size, clarity, etc, is fine for me. It is what it is.

If I were to be picky I'd say that the alert notification icon isn't as bright as the old one. Not a big deal though.