• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered forum question - how to upload signature images??

Fyrebird

Spellcaster
If one of the moderators could please help me with a real dumb problem would be awesome :)
Each time i try uploading an image to my signature i get this message
Screen Shot 2019-12-07 at 12.12.57 AM.png

now obviously i can upload images in the main area, but signatures need an html link. So i first uploaded png to my deviant account but that link wouldn't work, then i tried my google drive (unsuccessful) and finally to my personal website before giving up and asking the professionals. My link is http://static.wixstatic.com/media/066ebc_019a67c6f5ef486993048b66e10726ef~mv2.png What the heck am i doing wrong???

m4rt1n

Adept
Try using a jpeg image, png files often exceed the permitted size on the forum.

Easily done in paint if your using windows, copy there, select and then save as jpeg and load from pc.

Fyrebird

Spellcaster
I have now tried with a jpeg... still not happening, i don't get the message, but no response, no upload.

What is the permitted file size?

m4rt1n

Adept
I have now tried with a jpeg... still not happening, i don't get the message, but no response, no upload.

What is the permitted file size?

I believe jpeg should be ok, have you tried uploading directly from your PC rather than an external link, that could be the issue.

If that doesn't work I suggest a quick word to support, they will have all the limitations to hand. Sorry I could not help more. :)

Last edited:

Fyrebird

Spellcaster
have you tried uploading directly from your PC rather than an external link
My signature does not have a direct upload option, only the html link so unable to... which is weird as my normal posts i have direct upload option.
But thanx for your advise, I have now contacted support

Fyrebird

Spellcaster
After a buttload of digital fighting with links, hyperlinks, code and trying out a variety of different hosting sites... it works and moderators can close the question.

For those who'd like the answer, imgur creates code for each uploaded image, copy the BBCode link and just paste it directly into the signature space (ie NOT image html link)