• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Forum Clutter

cwgiii

Shaman
There must be a better way.

I am all for contests and fun and participation, and communication, etc. However, this morning, I awoke to a massive flood of new posts on the Forum. All with various titles and confusing content for me. I eventually figured out that most of this was the result of the completion of the latest Forum competition. I personally gave up on trying to participate in these a while ago (for various reasons). I use the Forums to gather useful information for in game play. And, when I can, help others do so as well. I had noticed, in the past, that when these Forum competitions end, the accumulated posts from the competitors are released in bulk. This round seemed particularly difficult to discern which of these were contest posts, and which were standard posts to the Forum. I found it particularly frustrating to try and sift through ALL 10 pages of new posts to get caught up on the regular threads that I read.

Please, there must be a better way to flag these bulk dumps of contest entries into the Forum. Can they be segregated somehow? or at least labeled consistently so that we can then mark the chaff as "All Read".

Unfortunately, this post is bound to be lost in all the clutter from earlier.

Hekata

Artisan
That's weird, I don't see any of the competition posts on my "what's new" page. To see that content I must go to the Contest section then click on each of the tasks to see the entries.

cwgiii

Shaman
Ah, maybe since I tried to enter the very 1st contest (and failed miserably), I am "following" the current and future contest threads????

Is there a way for me to ignore this entire section of threads?

That would be most helpful to know.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
@cwgiii That is strange. This morning we unlocked the content of the Competition Threads as we always do to allow all players to view the submissions however this shouldn't have caused your "Whats New" to be flooded with each entry. As Hekata says, under normal circumstances Players would need to view the Contest Section to view all submissions. There were a few conversations concerning Winners on the Competition Discussion Thread so it may have been that. Im not sure if there is a Filter Option available however I will discuss this with the team :)

Kind Regards

Herodite.

cwgiii

Shaman
Thanks Herodite.

If it matters, as a routine, I normally select "New Posts" in the upper right hand corner to read through, rather than the "What's New" option. Don't know why if/why they should act differently, but may be a clue as to why this is happening for me alone.

Hekata

Artisan
Every time there is a competition the forum tends to get a bit buggy. Usually it's the opposite of what you have now, the "what's new" section gets sort of cut and we can only see a few posts and loose the "see more posts" button (and that was the case this time too, we had reported it a couple of weeks ago) but it seems it can have the opposite effect too.