• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Forced to build Magic Academy ?!?!?

DeletedUser1683

First part. Yes, I am complaining, you didn't look at all did you.

Second part. I understand that you don't understand. Thanks for making it obvious you are not able to understand simple logic, as explained before. I will now ignore you wherever possible, as arguing with someone who has been shown, very specifically, to be wrong, is like arguing with anti-vaccers (or "pro disease" as I like to call them).
You can't argue with someone who is not able to grasp they are wrong, even faced with irrefutable facts.

Couldn't agree more!

Deleted User - 13667

to bad the second quest reward is based on where you are with your first quest.
at the time you are forced to build the magic academy your quests are:

Complete a Provence Complete a province 10000 coins, 500 supplies
More Coins
Gain 5000 Coins 500 supplies
Solve Encounters in the World
Solve 3 Encounters 7000 coins, 300 supplies
Better Buildings
Complete 1 Building Upgrade Level 4 or Higher 10000 coins, 1000 supplies
Having Planks
Gain 40 Planks 6000 coins, 600 supplies
Having Steel
Gain 40 Steel 6000 coins, 600 supplies
Using Strenth
: Marble Gain 100 Marble 20000 coins

you will never progress beyond this point without building the academy. As a player who played before it was introduced I am already more advanced in my main quest and therefore I do have different quest, quests that reward 1-2-3-7k supplies those quest keep running my factories on "neutral supply" balance. others have quests with 13k or better supplies, how on earth does not building it not break your game?

Edited: Zanyah - 2016-05-23 - inappropriate language

Thats likely due to your research level. I have not build the MA. Im still getting the 13k supplies reward quest and the some odd quests like to upgrade main hall, to use 12 knowledge points(The max to date is still 10), build a "2-day supply of whatever is your specialty" with 2 advance tools. Im near the end of level 7

First part. Yes, I am complaining, you didn't look at all did you.

Second part. I understand that you don't understand. Thanks for making it obvious you are not able to understand simple logic, as explained before. I will now ignore you wherever possible, as arguing with someone who has been shown, very specifically, to be wrong, is like arguing with anti-vaccers (or "pro disease" as I like to call them).
You can't argue with someone who is not able to grasp they are wrong, even faced with irrefutable facts.
Feeling is mutual:)

DeletedUser

Let's have a look at a different way to see who has support and who does not.
My posts? Various likes from various people.
S5carrots and Katwijk's posts? Not so many, if any likes.

Conclusion: People in this thread (and a bunch of others) disagree with you. All the time. Your opinions in this thread are generally ignored/proven wrong, unfortunately you keep coming back.

DeletedUser1683

I, too, agree, but I'm not thinking of carrot

I'm not taking the bait, and I doubt anyone else will, either. It's a bit too obvious.

Blah Blah Blah
And the whimpering continues..

Were there cries when the AW was up? How about now? Does it mean all of them must be removed just because of a few vocal demands?

To be specific, since you so insistent on claiming Majority agrees with your demand to delete, count the number of people actually playing the game against the number who replied. Most have little to no interest or would wish to see how things develop.

Same analogy applies to a country or state. Just because some guy wants to run Syrian court without obeying the laws of the nation, does it justify his cause? If it does, the country would be at war on its own daily just based on this alone.

I can remove and rebuild AW's at any time I like. I currently think they are a waste of space and I'm thinking of removing them.

That is an option I do not have with the MA.

I am not sure how we can make our point more clearly for you. Which part of "MA should not be mandatory" do you not understand?

Edited: Zanyah - 2016-05-25 - Merged 2 consecutive posts.

Last edited by a moderator:

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Thats likely due to your research level. I have not build the MA. Im still getting the 13k supplies reward quest and the some odd quests like to upgrade main hall, to use 12 knowledge points(The max to date is still 10), build a "2-day supply of whatever is your specialty" with 2 advance tools. Im near the end of level 7
let me repeat myself once again,
your repeatable quests are BASED ON YOUR MAIN QUEST ONLY!, your research tree has no influence on them whatsoever.
therefore it's impossible for new players to access the good quests without building the MA, while those who have already had the quests dont need to build it.

before you tell me I am incorrect
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...253&authkey=!AJyazx1pENJOO3I&ithint=file,xlsx

this is the infor I am grabbing from a new account I have started. so it's a WIP

DeletedUser

your repeatable quests are BASED ON YOUR MAIN QUEST ONLY!, your research tree has no influence on them whatsoever.
therefore it's impossible for new players to access the good quests without building the MA, while those who have already had the quests dont need to build it.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=81857AD5B2D24CF0!1253&authkey=!AJyazx1pENJOO3I&ithint=file,xlsx

this is the infor I am grabbing from a new account I have started. so it's a WIP

Dude (non-gender specific) you know who you are arguing with, right? Just say "You are factually wrong and I will not engage with you until you either prove your assertion or correct your mistake".

Deleted User - 13667

I'm not taking the bait, and I doubt anyone else will, either. It's a bit too obvious.

I can remove and rebuild AW's at any time I like. I currently think they are a waste of space and I'm thinking of removing them.

That is an option I do not have with the MA.

I am not sure how we can make our point more clearly for you. Which part of "MA should not be mandatory" do you not understand?

Edited: Zanyah - 2016-05-25 - Merged 2 consecutive posts.

The option is always there. You can choose not to build. :rolleyes:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=81857AD5B2D24CF0!1253&authkey=!AJyazx1pENJOO3I&ithint=file,xlsx

really? did you even make it past the first chapter of research? stay on 1 account play till you get beyond Chapter IV in research.

Cregganroe

Conjurer
I like the MA and the fact that it boosts my production of goods and supplies.... So no I do not want to get rid of it

DeletedUser1816

At least he did something with the relics. You are just sitting on them complaining it's a finite resource. Sure it is, but piling them up won't gain you nothing...

DeletedUser1829

I was semi-tempted to explore the MA since tournaments provide relics so they are no longer a finite source. However with the chests from visiting people each day I get so many spells I again have no need for it. I can use the land for what I want and use the spells when they suit me, basically "I have my cake and am eating it too"

DeletedUser

At least he did something with the relics. You are just sitting on them complaining it's a finite resource. Sure it is, but piling them up won't gain you nothing...

Yep. Just like those lemons I have in the back yard. I ALWAYS pick them, make them into lemonade, realize lemonade is pointless and pour it on the ground.

At least I USED it, am-i-right??

Or I guess I could cut the tree down, which would save water/fertilizer and effort?
OR... (hang on to your hat!!!!) I could never plant something I don't want!!! OMG!!!!

CrazyWizard

Shaman
really? did you even make it past the first chapter of research? stay on 1 account play till you get beyond Chapter IV in research.

Behold the awesome city that hasn't made it past the first chapter :confused:

ifrXiA5.jpg

Off course without the wonderfull and awesome Magic Academy :D:D:D

Last edited:

DeletedUser1295

Yep. Just like those lemons I have in the back yard. I ALWAYS pick them, make them into lemonade, realize lemonade is pointless and pour it on the ground.

At least I USED it, am-i-right??

Or I guess I could cut the tree down, which would save water/fertilizer and effort?
OR... (hang on to your hat!!!!) I could never plant something I don't want!!! OMG!!!!

At the risk of needing to edit myself for going off-topic... :p
I love fresh lemonade, please do not pour it into the ground oldskoolrx7 ;)

... and now a more serious note:
This time I would like to thank all who (recently) added their comments in this thread, without making condescending remarks towards other contributors, but instead using some humor to enlighten their opinions on the subject!

CrazyWizard

Shaman
I like the MA and the fact that it boosts my production of goods and supplies.... So no I do not want to get rid of it

Thats totally cool, so you keep it. but please let me build and delete it.
I dont want it, On my main account I produce 10k+ marble an hour, soon 13k+ crystal and 11k elixer every 3 hours.
with this kind of production it ain't easy to turn them into non bonus goods already.

So building it to get 15/20/16k+ each 3 hours doesnt really make sense.

Hammers: those average already between 650 and 770k depending on how lazy I am. if I am playing as I should do normally I would be constantly turning hammers into goods that I already swamped in.

Ok so culture then?
Nope, I am still buying KP at 600k+ just because I need room in my treasury so I can do some neighbourly help for my neighbours and fellow guildmates.

Ok on last try that 24h KP store spell, well all KP go into my or friendly wonders because thats the only place they currently fit in. no research and no other ways of spending knowledge points. and welcome to the 21st century, where we have internet on the go pretty much on most of the planet. takes me 30 seconds to login and empty my knowledge point bar. and even if I loose a knowledge point it won't kill me or ruin my game.

I am now 7 days away from yet another expension and can't wait to get it and advance my town yet again, thinking that I am supposed to waste it on a building that for me has absolutly no value whatsoever while waiting for 3 weeks just to get it is unimaginably screwed up.

So that ain't gonna happen.

Deleted User - 106219

I understand how you can manage without spells, but did you delete your Workshops?? How can you manage without supplies??
6 workshops at level 19: 2 next to the Barracks, 1 next to the Mountain Halls, 1 in the upper right, near the Elixir Manufactories, and the last 2 near the center, around the Dwarven Bulwark.

Apologies for the offtopic, just felt like pointing out the above.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
6 workshops at level 19: 2 next to the Barracks, 1 next to the Mountain Halls, 1 in the upper right, near the Elixir Manufactories, and the last 2 near the center, around the Dwarven Bulwark.

Apologies for the offtopic, just felt like pointing out the above.

you forgot the 4 tiny ones, tho they will be reduced to 2 as soon as I collect my expansion.

I understand how you can manage without spells, but did you delete your Workshops?? How can you manage without supplies??

at 5 questcycles I collect between 83000 and 87500 supplies while emptying my factories
if I am really at it and like to do 7 cycles I get between 91000 and 95500 supplies.

I dont know exactly how much supplies my factories consume but its somewhere around 60k.
leaving plenty of surpluss. and in the morning when I put up a 9 hour production round before I go to work it's about to break even. and when I return from work, is massivly positive since my marble factories accept 1 quest per factory (usually doing about 7 cycles for well over 100k supplies.

Thats why I have not much use for the supply spells either.

DeletedUser

Let me just add that it's clear that progression without the Magic Academy is possible, and people who had the foresight NOT to build it when the quest asked them to are at a rather large (full expansion) advantage to those of us who followed what the quests asked of us, only to find that we could not delete the building after. PLEASE just make it deletable. Then everyone has the opportunity to use that expansion of space for the MA if they want to, or not if they don't. You're unfairly punishing players who follow your quests.