• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Forced to build Magic Academy ?!?!?

DeletedUser1683

We are being forced to build this stupid Academy?!

I'm being blocked from advancing tech without putting points into to the Academy. We have to build it as well, or just WASTE points on it?

If so, I've had enough. The game is far to inflexible as it is and now you're making it worse.

DeletedUser1735

I couldn't agree more, the Magic Academy is only good if you are seriously desperate for tools and even then production cost and time to produce spells is way too high. Personally I have stopped producing spells and have found I could use the space it takes up for better things, but now I cant delete/sell back the Academy? Its really annoyed me!

DeletedUser1683

I have just learnt in game that we are now forced to both research the academy AND all the spells AND we have to build the academy.

The academy cannot be deleted once built.

So when we get told that it's a game where you can make your own choices, that is in fact not the case, it's a complete lie.

I am at the point in game where I have to activate the academy and I feel like quitting if this stupid situation isn't put right.

It is bad enough being forced to research products we don't even make, but at least with those we don't have to put the buildings up.

DeletedUser3

Hey folks! Thanks for your feedback on this issue so far, it will be passed on, so please do keep it coming :)

Deleted User - 106219

Currently both the Magic Academy and its spells are completely worthless. It's bad enough that I have to waste 55 KPs and almost 3 days just be able to continue with the chapter VI research. I WILL NOT waste a whole expansion on a building I'm not going to use. If I get the mandatory quiest to build it I will simply let it stay there incomplete. No quest is worth wasting a whole expansion just to compelte it.

DeletedUser1539

Instead of listening to the players and making the spells more palatable or attractive, they remove our choice entirely. Innogames is out of touch with what the players want. This is garbage. This update is garbage.

Indeed! It's sad that some great ideas and suggestions from some great players for a better gaming were ignored in the "Ideas and Suggestions" section. I guess there's no point in giving some of our ideas though. Members of the FS I'm in are starting to quit.

DeletedUser1683

Hey folks! Thanks for your feedback on this issue so far, it will be passed on, so please do keep it coming :)

When I did my world visits today hardly anyone had done their visits. Although some are shrugging it off Members of my FS are quitting over it and no one is happy.

I have just received a mandatory quest to build the Academy. I don't need the MA, I don't want it, it looks ugly and the benefits it gives are pathetic. It will take up space I had planned to use for other things. It has put back my research and will continue to do so.

I understand it will not be possible to decline quests to get spells, which annoys me even further.

With membership of my FS on each server either quitting or threatening to quit, you are losing customers and I'm losing friends.

This is a lose / lose situation.

DeletedUser1683

Currently both the Magic Academy and its spells are completely worthless. It's bad enough that I have to waste 55 KPs and almost 3 days just be able to continue with the chapter VI research. I WILL NOT waste a whole expansion on a building I'm not going to use. If I get the mandatory quiest to build it I will simply let it stay there incomplete. No quest is worth wasting a whole expansion just to compelte it.

Agreed.

DeletedUser415

OK so your shoving the Magic Academy down our throats now.
I haven't built this yet, still working on wasting KP for the techs. I hear past level 2 you need diamonds for upgrading the MA. So to really make this building worthwhile, even if you improved the spells, you need to spend diamonds. This should be an option not mandatory when diamonds are involved.
Making the game less enjoyable by forcing people to build a diamond upgrade building is ludicrous. Hats off to you almighty Dev leader.
I understand you have to make some money, but you just lost me as a paying customer because of your GREED.
Got a lot more to say, but we will keep this on topic.

PS: If your gonna make us build stupid buildings we don't want and take up valuable space, how about giving us more expansions.

DeletedUser

Making the game less enjoyable by forcing people to build a diamond upgrade building is ludicrous.
  • The Magic Academy and the upgrade to level 2 doesn't require any diamonds.
  • If you want to open slots 3,4,5, so that you can queue up more spells, THAT requires Diamonds.
  • I'd be surprised if anybody wants to spend hurry up diamonds to complete a spell, even though they take a day or more per spell.

DeletedUser

I created a forum account because of this. Wish it were for a better reason, but since I am here now, hello all :)

I've never had a real problem with shortage of resources. Nothing that a little waiting, halting production for a short time or the wholesale couldn't fix anyway. Until Dwarves I got by going Solo reasonably well too.

If the story requires us to research Magic Academy, that's fine by me. But forcing me to build it with a mandatory quest, without the ability to remove it again after, that I find not amusing at all.

So I have that quest that wants me to build a Magic Academy open now, and that will remain so until I can either decline it, or until I get reassurance that the building can be sold. My apologies to the person who spent time in developing the storyline, but it's just not worth wasting 20 squares on a building that is useless to me and does not even add to my score...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser971

I get more benefit out of the quests. I can scroll thru them and make a few 100k in coins and 70k in supplies every 3h by doing that. MA will not give me that benefit and I don't need to make more supplies or goods. All my manu's are at +400%, don't need to boost them. If you run a 2d production cycle and put the spell on, you get less goods than by running normal production of 4 x 3h and 1 x 9h production. Also to big for its purpose and have not use any of the free spells given in the chests.

DeletedUser1374

I totally agree.

Geminatrix

Soothsayer
Elvenar bosses .. you need to tell us soon where this Magic Academy is going, why you are so keen to make us build it and use it or you WILL find you WILL lose quite a few on this issue. For now .. I've been there done it, used some useless relics to make some spells that I found less than exciting and the building is now sat there inactive.

So far .. my fellowship is doing ok as we try hard to keep it full of active players, although we lost one fairly well developed account that was struggling to issues around the timings/diamonds required to do much in the new fairy guest race. I have one VERY vocal and annoyed fairly new fellow who is doing their best to make sure you and all our fellows know their feelings on this Magic Academy and to contribute to this latest update fiasco. While I feel this isnt helping our fellowship deal with this latest game change I can understand their frustration and recognise it is a hurdle that some WILL balk at and you WILL lose some on this if you don't give us hope that Elvenar has some good times ahead for them.

I'm not going to go on about how disappointed I was to have deleted my dwarven portal as required (losing my maxed granite and copper) only to find that now apparently I dont need to. I would probably have had to delete it anyway as space is at a premium but there is a difference to recognising a road needs travelled and being forced into it by a nondeclinable quest.

I went into this game .. eyes wide open; knowing that new developing games have their issues, can take time to get anywhere good and knowing that commercial games need funding.

Do YOUR magic and make this work please

DeletedUser403

Moved to the correct thread - sorry

DeletedUser415

• The Magic Academy and the upgrade to level 2 doesn't require any diamonds.
  • If you want to open slots 3,4,5, so that you can queue up more spells, THAT requires Diamonds.
  • I'd be surprised if anybody wants to spend hurry up diamonds to complete a spell, even though they take a day or more per spell.
Like I said "Past level 2". What you said is just the long version. Still requires diamonds to upgrade.
I find it funny that a player ranked 12,000 is telling a player that's ranked 4th, how the game works. Maybe the next guest race should be Trolls.

DeletedUser

I have one VERY vocal and annoyed fairly new fellow who is doing their best to make sure you and all our fellows know their feelings on this Magic Academy
Lol. I wonder who that might be? :p

Okay, seriously now, I've stated my opinion on this Magic Academy numerous times throughout the forums. I was even delighted about this feature at first, yet I honestly never made use of it once (and I did build it as soon as its construction required zero boosted relics). I even did a fairly in-depth review on the effectiveness of the Magic Academy here.

I'd just like to add to this thread, that I'm reducing my time spent in-game due to the direction the devs have taken. This game was intended for me to have fun in my spare time. The amount of fun I've had has been decreasing from one month to the next. Not because I ever felt like there's nothing left for me to do, or many of the actions have become far too repetitive, but because I've found myself clinging on to an idea and the hope that this game will become better at some point in the future. That I might, for whatever odd reason, gain the freedom to truly build or play the way I want to.

Within the first week of playing this game I got stuck on the main quest line because I refuse to build a barracks. Six months later, I'm still hoping the quest requiring me to build the barracks will become declinable, or that the barracks become deletable. During that time, more and more restrictions have been implemented within the game.
  • You must research Ancient Wonders to progress in the tech tree.
  • You must scout a certain number of provinces to unlock new chapters.
  • You must delete your guest race portal to build the next race's portal.
  • You must research the Magic Academy within the tech tree, along with its additional spell(s).
  • You must build the Magic Academy.
This game is still advertised as the following on the Elvenar homepage (just as it was when I started):

Elvenar>Game>World said:
"Pick up the reins and lead your people into a new era by laying the foundation and building your city just the way you like it!"
Let's be honest here. That's never been entirely true. The last six months made it clear it's never going to become true either.

This game had potential. It still has potential. Sadly many good players, will never get to see it. They'll have moved on by then - and I can't blame them.

~ Valerius