• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Fix the messaging system

Sudders

Adventurer
Either get rid of unfit automated detection of links or give us the opportunity to edit the message instead of deleting it.
How many long message have I lost because your pathetic system has wrongly detected a link?
I NEVER send links.

Alcaro

Necromancer
This suggestion is great, just got lost because of many other threads. Brought it back to light.

+1
thumbs-up.gif

Sudders

Adventurer
I mean just look at it!!! I only said 'awwwwwww!'
And why can I send links to fellowship members?
Anyone with half a brain could get around this.
It just catches out people who use words with three w's!
1674125186830.png

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
I will happily pass over your Feedback @Sudders (in fact it has already been passed across) :)

I would say though that this is more than likely a safety feature that's kicking in! In the meantime I would consider an alternative way to sympathise! :D

Kind Regards

Herodite.

Sudders

Adventurer
I will happily pass over your Feedback @Sudders (in fact it has already been passed across) :)

I would say though that this is more than likely a safety feature that's kicking in! In the meantime I would consider an alternative way to sympathise! :D

Kind Regards

Herodite.
Thank you Herodite

I had to use 'ahhhhh' but it's just not me!!!

To be honest it's the deletion of my message that really annoys!

Sudders

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
I understand the frustration, but unfortunately the likes of anything with www, will be blocked as will be assumed that this is a link. This is a safety feature, one of many that we have across the game. I am sure you can appreciate that these features are there for great reason, so are not something we would look to remove.

Alcaro

Necromancer
I understand the frustration, but unfortunately the likes of anything with www, will be blocked as will be assumed that this is a link. This is a safety feature, one of many that we have across the game. I am sure you can appreciate that these features are there for great reason, so are not something we would look to remove.
Not sure how it's safe to send a link to a fellow, but it's unsafe to send a link to another player...
thinking.gif

SkyRider99

Mentor

Kind Regards

Herodite.
Would 'aw-w-w-w' work? Not that I have ever felt the burning need to express such an emotion. :cool:

SkyRider99

Mentor
Not sure how it's safe to send a link to a fellow, but it's unsafe to send a link to another player...
thinking.gif
Presumably because there is a higher level of trust when exchanging links with known FS members and pals.

Certain links could direct an innocent victim to a nefarious website. :(

CrazyWizard

Shaman
The issue is not the fact it's blocked. thats fine you set the rules.

The issue is that a player just spend 20 minutes to write a message to get the popup and has to start all over again from scratch.
It happened to often to me as well. and these days I pre-write messages in notepad to avoid this %!%$#!% popup

But it's kinda weird I have to pre-write messages in notepad to avoid a lot of my time going to waste