• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Filtered Trader

Pauly7

Magus
So I know this has been mentioned a hundred times, but I just wanted to flag it again because I'm not really sure why this hasn't yet been sorted.

Please, please, can you add the function to the trader in the app to allow us to filter out trades from the fellowship only? Once sentient goods are unlocked it's just impossible to search through all the trades to find the ones you want to. I had a situation last night, which is all too common, when a fellow asked if anyone could take a few of their trades urgently. I didn't have access to the PC at that moment and I spent about 10 minutes scrolling through trades trying to locate them.

There's also functionality on the app version of the trader which isn't available on the PC, so it's all a bit weird, but the aforementioned is by far the most important as far as I'm concerned.

Gargon667

Mentor
Yes just change the completely useless option in the App for the FS one from the browser and everything is peachy as people say :D

Aznar

Novice
The functionality on app doesn't seem to work by the way. It should screen the offers to "fair only" but often zero stars pop up. And there is still no sense of it as the offers are segregated by stars anyway.

Gargon667

Mentor
It does work. It never saiys it screens out 0 stars. It only screen out the neighbours that are too far away for small towns (the ones that cost a fee to trade with). Once you reach a certain size (when reaching all those trading partners) the button does nothing at all.

FieryArien

Necromancer
The button is absolutely useless. Why on earth would I want to hide the trades from undiscovered neighbors from the list?
- If the fee makes the trade bad, it’s on the bottom of the list anyway. It’s already sorted, I can stop scrolling anytime I want.
- If the neighbor offers discount and as a result the trade is better than similar trade from my discovered neighbor, I don’t want to hide the trade. I want to see it and take it.

I’d really really love to see the use case based on which this functionality was implemented.

Pauly7

Magus
I can only assume that filtering out trades with fees was a function designed only for new users who use the app. It's starting to seem like that's the demographic they want to cater for so maybe that is the logic behind it.

Gargon667

Mentor
even for new players it is a useless feature, because the trades with fees are automatically sorted down according to star rating... There is no point to it and there never was. It is just a thing they programmed, messed it up and then never bothered to get rid of...