• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Filter list for Traders

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkyRider99

Mentor
Hi everyone.
I thought it would be nice if the game could provide a filter (or 'blacklist') in the Trader so that I could remove those recalcitrant unfair trades from the lists. Myself and my fellowship always trade fairly. After all it takes effort and time to produce goods and we don't like to have unfair trades, since they disrespect other players' hard work. There are some massively unfair trades posted from certain players who I never want to see again. Can something be done so I can remove them from the trades list?
Regards.

Gargon667

Mentor
if you´re interested there is a much more extensive discussion going on right now on exactly your idea...

zathraus

Seeker
I also would like to be able to hide unfair trades. If you find the post relating to the bigger discussion, post a title of it to make it easier to join.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Hi everyone.
I thought it would be nice if the game could provide a filter (or 'blacklist') in the Trader so that I could remove those recalcitrant unfair trades from the lists. Myself and my fellowship always trade fairly. After all it takes effort and time to produce goods and we don't like to have unfair trades, since they disrespect other players' hard work. There are some massively unfair trades posted from certain players who I never want to see again. Can something be done so I can remove them from the trades list?
Regards.

You get what you wish for in the new chapter.

Traders can no longer actively trade the new goods, but hey best part is you can't place a decent amount of trades as well.
Talking about shooting yourself in the foot.
Every 6 hours you can place 3 times 1800 ascended goods on the market (5x with premium).
For everything else you need you can battle it out with the rest of the server, like those traders you can now yourself open the trader every 5 seconds in a fight with other players who get's those few goods placed on the market first.

Enjoy!

Alcaro

Necromancer
@CrazyWizard - isn't that valid only for Ascended goods?

P.S. - people aren't destroying the game. They make sensible suggestions to improve the game, to make it less tedious or frustrating. The problem is at the other end where common sense is a "rare bird".

CrazyWizard

Shaman
@CrazyWizard - isn't that valid only for Ascended goods?

P.S. - people aren't destroying the game. They make sensible suggestions to improve the game, to make it less tedious or frustrating. The problem is at the other end where common sense is a "rare bird".
Yes only ascended goods can't be traded.

This issue has nothing to do with traders, thats the whole issue. people just blame them for not being able to find on the market what they need.
They thing a problem that existed for 5+ years as long as ther game is old and not since sentient goods (people not putting enough trades on the market) is not a "trader issue".

And those people must be wheeded out al all cost, because then magically all issues are gone (NOT!)
now you get what you wanted, but you hurt yourself more than any trader ever could.

Traders arent the issue, and this might be a solution to people whining about traders for ascended goods, it is a medicine thats worse then the imaginitive issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alcaro

Necromancer
I think the problem is bit more complex. For example, I don't put small trades at all just because from notification tray I lose the visitors. If the Notification system would be splitted with 2 or more tabs (visits, trades, KP rewards) then I would definitely put up small trades as many as the trader allows me. With the current situation, I put up only big trades (min. 100k) but only few and every other days, just to save my notifications for visits.
I am very sure that many players are in my situation and are trying to limit the number of trades they place at once.

Gargon667

Mentor
lol sounds like a fun fix by Inno :D Not that I have an idea what you´re talking about... I guess one more reason to not start playing chapters again ;)

Gargon667

Mentor
I think the problem is bit more complex. For example, I don't put small trades at all just because from notification tray I lose the visitors. If the Notification system would be splitted with 2 or more tabs (visits, trades, KP rewards) then I would definitely put up small trades as many as the trader allows me. With the current situation, I put up only big trades (min. 100k) but only few and every other days, just to save my notifications for visits.
I am very sure that many players are in my situation and are trying to limit the number of trades they place at once.

I sure do, normal goods I always offer 250k at a go, sentient goods I don´t use much, so I rarely post any trades, I can get most of what I need by picking up the odd trade.
This is another suggestion that has been around forever though, to give us a better notifications system, so we can actually place more trades...

Alcaro

Necromancer
lol sounds like a fun fix by Inno :D Not that I have an idea what you´re talking about... I guess one more reason to not start playing chapters again ;)
yeah, I bet lots of players will laugh with tears :D :D :D
The trading system will change and I'm not sure (yet) that I will like it. Waiting for ch.18 to start then I will see what kind of tears will flow - joy or desperation. :D

Alcaro

Necromancer
I sure do, normal goods I always offer 250k at a go, sentient goods I don´t use much, so I rarely post any trades, I can get most of what I need by picking up the odd trade.
This is another suggestion that has been around forever though, to give us a better notifications system, so we can actually place more trades...
.. yeah ... in Beta is a thread from 2016: https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/communication-notification-screen-overhaul.6497/

Gargon667

Mentor
No tears from my side, by now a chapter would have to be insanely powerful to make me play 3 chapters just to get the "rewards" I just don´t see that happening. If they had put 4 star Blossom, Rangers and Frogs in chapter 18 I might have considered it, but not for whatever it was they have upgraded now...
At the speed things move it is unlikely I am still playing by the time they have upgraded all the units again ;)

CrazyWizard

Shaman
but that becomes kinda borig as well, why can't we just have the best of both worlds, why are we descending into a world thats the worst of both worlds?

I want to have fun again, I want to look out at playing the next chapter with anticipation again, look at how cool it is, how to overcome the challenges and become better. instead of looking at horror at it, and just staying where you are looking for better times.

Chapter are to look out for, tournament / spire /events to keep you busy in between and not be bored. but thats currently not the case.

It won't really be a solution because the next complaint would be it's to much time and boring to constantly place loads of small trades.

I mean if I need to trade 4m goods thats 400 10k trades or 1000 2k trades.
Thats just a pain, it would be much better to overhaul te trader so you can place 4m goods and people pick whatever they need from it.

Alcaro

Necromancer
I mean if I need to trade 4m goods thats 400 10k trades or 1000 2k trades.
Thats just a pain, it would be much better to overhaul te trader so you can place 4m goods and people pick whatever they need from it.

I hope making the text Bold, Italic, red and underlined shows how much I like the idea. I would totally love to place 2000k and people could take as much as they need, but honestly I wouldn't hold my breath for a second that such idea would be ever implemented.

Last edited:

Gargon667

Mentor
I want to have fun again, I want to look out at playing the next chapter with anticipation again, look at how cool it is, how to overcome the challenges and become better. instead of looking at horror at it, and just staying where you are looking for better times.

Chapter are to look out for, tournament / spire /events to keep you busy in between and not be bored. but thats currently not the case.

I guess for me it was always the other way around I enjoy playing the games and only did the chapters in between to keep me busy ;) But I wouldn´t mind chapters that make my games better as opposed to worse that´s for sure :)

Absolutely I would much appreciate this solution :) We are constantly only talking about how to work around a really badly programmed part of the game ;) A real solution would be so much better!
Also your solution still needs the notification fix though, otherwise you´ll get a notification everytime you tiny neighbour accept 13 of your 3 million gems...

Deleted User - 341074

Would it not have been better to have not cryed about it, just placed your own goods on the market that are picked up instead of whining about someone else? and being jealous about them making a profit because people are to lazy to post there own trades and wait a little time?
Lemme guess, no unlucky sentient boost? Honestly, if you don't have one of the crap boosts on your server that is both overabundant due to the moonstone set and targetted the market manipulators then you aren't waiting days for trades to get taken and aren't forced to offer 20% discounts that still don't get taken, so you have no idea what you are talking about.

It's like me, a silk boosted player, saying "there's no problem with scrolls, my trades get taken all the time, just post yours up you stupid lazy players"

Deleted User - 341074

trader improved.png

I made this in 2018

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Lemme guess, no unlucky sentient boost? Honestly, if you don't have one of the crap boosts on your server that is both overabundant due to the moonstone set and targetted the market manipulators then you aren't waiting days for trades to get taken and aren't forced to offer 20% discounts that still don't get taken, so you have no idea what you are talking about.

It's like me, a silk boosted player, saying "there's no problem with scrolls, my trades get taken all the time, just post yours up you stupid lazy players"
Ah the blame game continues.
Yes we had for a while issues with bismut, over 100 pages.
Solution help eachother out, while that was an issue. bismut is a decaying good. this means it by nature can never get as bad as.

Can there be issues?, off course but if there is an imbalance in goods on your server does murdering traders at all cost magically make that remove the imbalance?
Can 2-3 traders have so many decaying goods that they could really manipulate the entire server.
Can you get so many decaying goods that you will not need more bismut for the comming 2 years?
Could they have some influence? off course they can, but they aren't to blame in any way.

Do you think that a button that removes those trades if activates helps at all?, you do not think thnk people who do not complain never activate it?

Deleted User - 341074

Can there be issues?, off course but if there is an imbalance in goods on your server does murdering traders at all cost magically make that remove the imbalance?
Yes.
Can 2-3 traders have so many decaying goods that they could really manipulate the entire server.
Yes.
Do you think that a button that removes those trades if activates helps at all?, you do not think thnk people who do not complain never activate it?
Not if you can turn it on or off, that would be stupid. Just removing all trades under 1-star from outside the FS for everyone, no toggle would fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.