• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Fighting spells for other units

Deleted User - 341074

By "fighting spells" do you mean the 5-day craftable buildings?

DeletedUser8761

yes, please. 5-day spells worth more than 1-day pet food.

Pauly7

Magus
I think they purposefully make it just LR and Mages so that no one can have the opportunity to be "powered up" against all the enemies in any given tournament.

Deleted User - 341074

I think they purposefully make it just LR and Mages so that no one can have the opportunity to be "powered up" against all the enemies in any given tournament.
With 4 MMM and reasonable wonders priests are neigh invincible, same goes for archers and an handful of ELR so why then allow it for 3 of 9 weeks?

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
Not so long ago, these Booster Buildings were daily prizes in events. You could easily get them in quantities. The only way to get them now is via crafting, and the odds are very low - and decreasing. To me it looks like these buildings are meant to slowly fade out of existence - I would be surprised if new booster buildings were introduced, but I would welcome them.

Pauly7

Magus
Not so long ago, these Booster Buildings were daily prizes in events. You could easily get them in quantities. The only way to get them now is via crafting, and the odds are very low - and decreasing. To me it looks like these buildings are meant to slowly fade out of existence
I've also thought that it looks like this is happening... Like Inno wants to replace the military upgrade buildings with 'Pet Food'... but of course that's only any good for those people who chose the Fire Phoenix in the last event and is no good at all for new players.

I miss winning the buildings from event daily prizes. From the crafting menu I think I've managed to snap up one MMM in the last three weeks or so and none of the other three types. I have a little supply, but doing the maths they won't last long.

Pauly7

Magus
With 4 MMM and reasonable wonders priests are neigh invincible, same goes for archers and an handful of ELR so why then allow it for 3 of 9 weeks?
If you use enough stackable power upgrades then at a given point anything should be invincible against anything, but I am talking about the standard premise that each tournament requires two (minimum) different troop types to fight in it. None of those troop combinations call for Mages and Light Ranged to be used in the same tournament.

Pauly7

Magus
p.s. I previously tried an LR tournament using 5 x ELR stacked and I didn't find them nearly as invincible as you do. I started off trying to complete about 35-40 provinces in the first round or two and then it petered out to struggling to finish 18 in the 5th and 6th round. I did better than without the upgrades, sure, but I still lost troops at a good rate from the start.

Halfway through I also found that my LRs were still not as effective as the right troop against certain enemies. I think I started out with about 150 squads of LR in the hutch.

Deleted User - 341074

p.s. I previously tried an LR tournament using 5 x ELR stacked and I didn't find them nearly as invincible as you do.
I think the main difference is that I did more provinces but fewer rounds. The strength of a boosted troop is being a "Glass Cannon" so when the enemy SS is similar to yours you can 1-shot them before they reach you thereby taking zero damage. As soon as the enemy is 45-60% bigger than you (round 5&6) they start to survive that first round volley and smash your glass cannons.
That's why in rounds 1 &2 I run out of provinces, not troops. I haven't had the combination of Timewarp+steel tournament so I've never tried 6 rounds yet.
I've also thought that it looks like this is happening... Like Inno wants to replace the military upgrade buildings with 'Pet Food'.
Heh, I'll take some of the blame for that:https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/crafting-on-beta.11707/page-8#post-66407