• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Fighting in the spire

DeletedUser8901

Just got wiped out, my squad size was bigger & it only had both kinds of heavies in so I put in all mages to fight. First wave I won, then It changed troops for the second wave, pressed the fight button before I realised. So should I have changed troops too for the second wave? I didn’t realise that you could!

Julian

Sorcerer
No, you can't change troops. However, when choosing troops, you can see what both waves of opponents are, and plan accordingly.

DeletedUser8901

Thanks for reply, didn’t realise you could see the second wave, however tried three times now, even with that knowledge, and still wiped out on the second wave every time. So i’m done now, it isn’t as if the prizes are that good! Did fancy the mana plant or the endless scroll though!

Gargon667

Mentor
you´d have to post a screen shot for some help with this particular fight. But yes, the second wave can have different unit types from the first wave (if the first one does not have 3 different unit types), that can kill your mages. If for example there is Light Melee units in the second wave, you may be better off using 5 Heavy Melee units. They will not do as well in the first wave against Heavy Melee, but much better in wave 2. If the second wave has Light Range Units you may be better off with 5 Heavy Range units. Or potentially a combination of units. All depends on what and how much you encounter in both waves.

Sounds like fighting isn´t usually your thing? Some general ideas: Helper buildings, Feed your Fire Phoenix, upgrade military AWs, use manual fight, ...

rock stream

Scholar
Sounds like fighting isn´t usually your thing? Some general ideas: Helper buildings, Feed your Fire Phoenix, upgrade military AWs, use manual fight, ...
To be clear I really hate the fighting aspect of this game and find I can only do it in small bites before I quit the fighting in a cloud of blue smoke aka Gordon Ramsay.
I've just started chapter 3. Was it possible to get by the second two part fight in the Spire or am I not advanced enough? After getting hammer too many times I tried the battle simulator which seems to confirm my fighting nickname "pebbles":(:mad:.

Sir Derf

Adept
Chapter 3. Speaking as someone just wrapping up Chapter 12, you've got a looooooong way to go.

As you get further along, things will get easier, and harder, and easier, and harder.

But, more importantly, you'll get more options. More troop types. More space for varying building decisions. Ancient Wonders to improve various fighting aspects. Temporary buildings to boost various fighting aspects.

Hang in there.

Deleted User - 2044766

To be clear I really hate the fighting aspect of this game and find I can only do it in small bites before I quit the fighting in a cloud of blue smoke aka Gordon Ramsay.
I've just started chapter 3. Was it possible to get by the second two part fight in the Spire or am I not advanced enough? After getting hammer too many times I tried the battle simulator which seems to confirm my fighting nickname "pebbles":(:mad:.

Unfortunately chapter 3 might not be enough :confused:to go far in the Spire.
I'm chapter 3 & only use the first steps of the Spire to gain boosts & spell fragments when I'm in a hurry for those.:p
Fighting for me turned out horribly, so I decided the fighting aspect wasn't going to be for me...it isn't mandatory, especially at this level. Again, it's only my personal opinion/experience at my level.

I decided to structure my town to be strong in trade & self-sufficient for now ( e.g. I hate having to rummage in the trader for a handful of silk); & carry my own in my fs's FAs...
I've chosen to look into that in chapter 5....maybe

So if you feel like fighting is a stretch for now, maybe my 'testimony' can reassure you, not being good at fights doesn't mean you can't play the game;).

Last edited by a moderator:

Gargon667

Mentor

I don´t think it matters that much for the spire what chapter you are in, of course there was no spire when I was in chapter 3, but looking at the numbers and te spire design to get more difficult with AWs, researches and expansions etc. I don´t think there is a big difference in difficulty based on your chapter.
In our FS we have few smaller towns, the smallest one I can remember now was chapter 4 when she joined and she finished a minimum of the first 2 levels since she joined (without our help).

I think the main reason for you having trouble is simply that you haven´t figured it all out yet. After all you only recently started playing and some aspects of the game are rather complex. So don´t take it as an insult. Especially if you have nobody teaching you, it will take quite a while to figure everything out. Once you do the spire will seem rather easy no matter what chapter you are in. And if you read comments anywhere about the spire you will see that a high chapter does not make it easier ;) There are tons of people complaining it is too expensive for the rewards, which of course just means they haven´t figured it out (yet).

rock stream

Scholar
I really count on the battle simulator. While I can sometimes do a little better than the simulator indicates I just can't be bothered to fight if all possible combinations of troops can't get a score over 300. I'll keep working on it in provinces and tournaments. Two a day. I'm hoping some level 2 units may help.
take care

Gargon667

Mentor
Don´t worry about some simulators too much. You´ll eventually outgrow them. Now I don´t know which one you are using, I guess there are better ones out there. I admit I haven´t been searching hard for good ones, but what I´ve seen is rather standard information. Not saying it´s bad, just not really necessary.

Lizzie2020

Dreamer
I'm fairly new to this game. I'm nearly at the end of chapter 3. I do fight in provinces, tournaments and the first few levels of the spire. But what is a 'Simulator' that you guys are talking about??

DeletedUser

I'm fairly new to this game. I'm nearly at the end of chapter 3. I do fight in provinces, tournaments and the first few levels of the spire. But what is a 'Simulator' that you guys are talking about??

hello @Lizzie2020 I don't use them, but as far as I know the simulator can be found on third party websites created by fans & players, such as Elvenarchitect.