• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Fellowships

• Thread starter DeletedUser7101
  • Start date

DeletedUser7101

Just wondering why it is so hard to recruit members to join fellowships. There are so many people not in fellowships and yet so hard to fill spaces. The benefits of a Fellowship are published so everyone must know them and yet still seem reluctant to join. Does anyone have any idea about the best way to entice a player in.

DeletedUser5532

I think that some people just like to play their own game, in their own way. No matter how relaxed a Fellowship is, there are always a few rules that creep in, and I believe that people like to play their game because they want to, rather than having to behave in a certain way to fit in the Fellowship. The only benefit that a player can really get from a game, is the enjoyment from playing, and we all have different views on how that can be obtained.

DeletedUser7101

Yes I see your point. I felt like that when I first started playing.. Then I join ed a Fellowship more out of curiosity than anything else and now I am really in favour of being in a fellowship. There is so much of the game you miss as a solo player.

Deleted User - 341074

Yeah there is no valid reason not to be in a FS.
Even if you can't find one with rules that are casual enough for you, you should make a FS of your own and invite no one if you wish.
The main reason is tournaments.
Relics are important.
A normal player will get between 70-99% of their relics from the tournament.
You must be in a FS to enter the tournament.

The players you see without a FS are either mobile only (so they can't see messages) or abandoned cities. There may be a sprinkling of players who dont know about tournaments too.

One of the biggest reasons why it is so hard to fill a FS is because players are super loyal, and would rather play with 16 friends than switch to a FS that better suits their activity level and goals.
I'm not saying that's a bad thing, just an observation.
That, and the fact that making a FS has no cost, limits, or requirements. So we have hundreds of partially filled FS and only handfuls of full ones.
"Too many chiefs, not enough Indians"

DeletedUser7309

I am in my own fellowship and am not looking to recruit anybody. I only created a fellowship to see what tournaments are like but haven't taken part in any; I'm happy just building up my city and setting my own goals for what i want to achieve. I am a mobile only player. I tried the game on pc but prefer being able to play on the move and am happy with the "limitations" that brings. I've been in "fellowships" elsewhere when i needed the protection they offered but dont join games to enhance my social life. If you ever watched Blockbuster with Bob Holness i always supported the solo player !!

DeletedUser4149

too many chiefs and not enough indians is exactly what i thought when i first read this thread too. i never intended on being an archmage of either of my fellowships. bad policies by 80 to 90% of the other fellowships and crappy leadership made me feel like i didn't have better options.:eek:

the game makers didn't help things by creating a 3rd world to reduce the number of new players in the already existing worlds. let's hope they don't create a 4th world here. that could cause the existing worlds to have more players quitting the game for various reasons than starting new cities.:(

DeletedUser7912

I am an experienced player from another server and started EN Elvenar - Felyndral yesterday, still searching for an FS. Let me tell my reason to be still alone.

• I want all members to visit my city everyday. I will do the same too. Visiting 24 cities takes less than a minute with mobile version. Most of fellowships have rules that say 5 visits a week is enough. Not for me.
    • Tournaments.
      mMdm7y.jpg
      if there's enough players in an FS, even with small accounts. Using like 90% soldiers, 10% negotiating; a player can reach 2000+ points in tournaments. I am not sure if small cities can do this much, but I saw newbie players reaching 1k+ points easily with just a little help. And I mean no in-game help. I just gave them some info. And this happened very recently.
People say, to do these above, a person must have no life. I was doing these things for more than a year, spending 1 minute per 3 hours. + a few minutes per day during tournaments. Because I know these facts I do not want to join any casual FS. I want to have a full Elvenar experience. I am not maybe a Hardcore player; but I'm definetely not a Casual either.

Deleted User - 341074

I am not sure if small cities can do this much, but I saw newbie players reaching 1k+ points easily with just a little help
Low chapter players are limited by cleared provinces. If you only have 25 cleared (to get into chapter 3) you only have 3 of each type of province open. even doing full 6 rounds on 3 provinces is only 810 points. To do your share of 10 chests (1600 points) you need at least 54 provinces cleared (6 of each) which is the chapter 4 requirement.
Keep in mind, that is 6 rounds, which with sleep/work/timezone may not be possible(even if it only takes a minute, you can't expect anyone to wake up at 4am to do it) That would mean 5 rounds max and you'd need 8 of each province open, which puts you at the chest to enter chapter 5.

So while I agree that it is doable for smaller players, there is a limit to what you can expect, unless you are going to fund them so that they can scout and clear 200-300% of what they would normally need to.

DeletedUser7653

I have been playing for a couple of months now. I was invited to take over leadership of a fellowship and have built is up quite nicely although we only have about 50% of our members who are active daily.

We all help each other out with the usual stuff but I was hoping that there would be some projects the whole Fellowship could work on. So far that has only been the Fellowship Adventure; which we were hampered with because 90% of our members use the app to lay and do not have access to the messaging service.

For a game where player cooperation would seem to be a big part of play. it seems lacking in things a group of players can get together to do. I think that this is, probably, a factor in why players are reluctant to join Fellowships.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vroot TwoFoot

Adventurer
I've never played the app. I am wondering how you buff 24 cities in under a minute, on desktop I have to load 24 full city displays.

Deleted User - 341074

I've never played the app. I am wondering how you buff 24 cities in under a minute, on desktop I have to load 24 full city displays.
On the app you don't need to open the city, a little menu just pops up and you click MH, BH, or culture.